Note/Tip/Question to DarkPaw

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrox, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

Kander's pod cast Raids in episode 9!

Episode 9 discussed raids. Convenient there were no questions fielded. Also funny that the Raid council is under a NDA and not allowed to discuss with other players the discussions and everything has to be so damn secretive. This only serves to slow the ability to catch things, repair things, and be innovative with ALL the THINGS. If the raid council members were allowed to share information with their raid teams and have discussions among themselves before reconvening at the council, wouldn't you think those discussions would be more fruitful? I'm not looking for trade secrets, just some open communication into what the hell is going on with the game I am heavily invested with in time, money and concern.

How intuitive is the Lord Seru Challenge Mode fight? What dev told the first guild how to kill it then had it slowly, ULTRA slowly trickle down to other guilds. The fight makes zero sense and no one figured that out with out someone spilling the beans. I am not going to discuss the strat here as it is content some have not completed and may feel they want their own day in the sun to beat their heads against the wall.

Be transparent, open up communication and allow others to contribute even if through their respective raid teams/guilds. What does it hurt Dark Paw to allow these gamers to share information with their teams? This only opens up healthy discussions among raiders, who knows it could "help" matters. Council members are still the only audience the Davs are meeting with, why does it have to be an NDA and so secretive? What's the old adage?
    Prov. Two people working together have a better chance of solving a problem than one person working alone.

I hear you all talk about better communication, but it feels like its a show more than a truth. There are many ways to do this better, and I am looking for someone over there to step up and get this ship right...
  2. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I can honestly say that Gninja didn't give anything away regarding the Seru strat other than confirming bugs when the first 3-4 guilds spent a few hours on him.

The Seru fight is one of the first fights this expac where you start getting punished for "carrying" players that aren't keeping up with stats and skill. If you can't focus dps or coordinate tanking, it will be rough.

I also think you have a misconception about what kind of activity goes on in the raid council and suggest you PM Gninja about it or talk with your council member for more details.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I asked in our guild who our rep was and never got an answer and was told it is not to be shared, that they are under an NDA

Can you honestly tell me you think the Seru fight is intuitive? We defeated it but I did not find anything about the strat to be intuitive.
  4. Twisty Well-Known Member

Who's on the council is not under NDA - if your have a guild person on it, they don't understand what NDA covers or use the excuse for whatever their reason. You can ask to be the 2nd representative from your guild on it since you care, assuming your guild trusts your ability to be productive on it.

To your point - there is 1 absolutely effing awfully non-obvious and yet key Seru mechanic that so badly needs better messaging it hurts even in my phantom ovaries. He takes sword back early if you hit him with cleave sword abilities - that changes the fight completely. For one, it's no longer that much a dps race for most mid-tier guilds as long as deaths are minimal

However, counter to your point, opaque nature of raid council forums has nothing to do with this - gninja heard and agrees the lack of messaging here is awful but been putting out progression stopping fires pretty much every day since launch so messaging could never make it to the top of priority list. Which is of course a indictment all in itself, but a different pile of poop.
    Jrox and Mermut like this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Appreciate the feedback and kander (lol)

THIS<<<He takes sword back early if you hit him with cleave sword abilities >>>OMG so fooking annoying!

Can def understand the priority thing... But don't they have underlings that could help disseminate information of this nature for them?
  6. Gninja Developer

I can add that to each of the sword abilities if you feel it would help with intuitiveness.

The NDA in raid council pretty much only applies to strats, upcoming releases, etc. It is not against the NDA to tell others you are a part of the Raid Council. Each raid force is allowed two members into the raid council and there is usually an open thread in zones and population and/or General Discussion at least once a year to remind everyone to apply if they need their raid force represented. If your raid does not have someone in the council have the raid leader/guild leader send me a message.
    Breanna and Benito like this.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

I was misinformed and appreciate the clarity on the NDA. I will address it with my team officers. I was told they couldn't discuss anything mentioned within the realm of the council outside of the council communication.

Can council members or council meber changes be made at any time? Or is this a once a year opportunity?
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

Ugh, yea it absolutely would... right now there is no intuitiveness whatsoever for why he does it, and even more importantly that he does it at all - ie noone knows that they triggered this condition via their actions and not just a random buggyness of this fight. Since things have not been working properly non-stop for so long, unfortunately that's now the reasonable de-facto assumption

I suppose if adding text to sword abilities is the easier solution to implement so be it, but if it's the same effort imo should take the opportunity to inject some lore into the world via better on-ability-hit messaging. Seru essentially gives us the sword, because we're too easy of a fight as is according to him, so him saying something like "how dare you use the sword against me" doesn't make sense.

No, the storyline is more like, "Heh, here, you can have my sword if you want, idiot. It won't make any difference since he secretly knows he can't be damaged with it anyway". it shouldn't be something he says but more like blue-text lore emote. something along the lines of "As you attempt to strike LordBobSeru with mystical energy from his sword, a shield of chronomagical energy around him pulses and violently knocks the sword out of your hands!" For extra-credit, but obviously pending the effort required, should give like an unresistable, uncurable 10s stun/knockdown to the wielder to emphasize the point and Seru should have a blue starship-type energy-shield bubble briefly form around him.

At least for me, this type of lore and these ways of discovering it is the absolute best examples of what these imaginary universes we escape to can offer. Should look for and create more opportunities to seize upon like these in future imo
    Jrox likes this.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Definitely adds to the flavor. Gives it more meaning, makes it more enjoyable and understanding for those paying attention. And until we figured out it was a script, we too wrote it off to buggyness and would just reset the raid and start over in hopes it would not bug out again... :(