When can we expect a pvp server?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by WhiteHulk, Jun 9, 2020.

1. WhiteHulk New Member

when will we be getting a new pvp server, one that is actually a real server instead of a seasonal.
    In my opinion the main reason we didn't have a really good pop that was throughout the whole of the seasonal is because peoples work and time they put into the seasonal got deleted I know I easily clocked a couple hundred hours into the first season and then a couple hundred in the other season of nagy I just really want a real pvp server either TLE or Live ( If it was live for it to work you would have to make it to where no one could transfer characters over so that it doesn't just ruin the economy and what not. idk please just give us PvPers the best pvp mmorpg servers back :( ive played almost every mmorpg out there ( in America ) and nothing has topped or even gotten close to EQ2 PVP!
  2. Frostfang Member

3. Nuggetmachine Member

liveleak: eq2 development team
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  4. Prasecisqo Member

It will only work with permananent TLE server which will lock max. to RoK expansion... Also with crappy gimmicks removed (shrinking, mercenaries, familiars etc..). Itemization was also a major problem in last seasons!
    Argosunited and Frostfang like this.
  5. Redd Member

Why not have it where we can switch a pvp flag on and off?
    Asherons Call(rip) had that where we could choose to go red (PK) and then back to blue (pve) in the same server.
  6. Frostfang Member

It goes against the very reason id assume most eq2 pvpers liked the pvp this game had: competition.

It is also very easy to say that separate instances for pvp and pve on a single server would be extremely unbalanced as the vast majority would spend their time in the pve instance to pve and only join the dead pvp instance when they were 100% ready for a fight, which isn't too far from dueling...
    Siren and Argosunited like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

People are inheritantly chickens. :p Players get used to being on a PvP server a lot faster when they're forced to deal with it 24/7, and the only way to escape it is to log off.

If they had the choice, they would also shut their flags off whenever PvP fights weren't going their way, as they made their escapes. They would also shut off their PvP flags if anyone they killed showed up later with a team to get them back.

Yeah....that just wouldn't work out.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Swerver New Member

Kander stated on discord that we will be getting some news later this year regarding pvp
    Siren likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Many people are banned from discord, so it's always helpful to copy and paste the comment here.
    Frostfang and Breanna like this.
  10. Swerver New Member

Nevermind haha- screenshot wont work for some reason
  11. Freddie_Mercury Member

It will never happen... they have proven time and time again they are incapable of putting any time into taking care of issues with PVP servers. Remember how Dispatch was PVE stat for like 2 months before they did anything, and in the mean time, the server completely died, because a brig could literally kill any fully raid geared tank / healer in less than 2 seconds? And that would have taken literally 5m to toggle the PVP on for that one spell...

oh, oh, oh... and then... the next server.. they botched the launch and people were lvl 50 in 2 hours with exploits, then 3 days later they "fixed" it by just turning off the exploit but not rolling anyone back, "because those exploiters used real coin they would have had to give back, on XP pots"... so instead, the server was dead in 2 weeks because of it...

yeah..

So yeah, they can't do PVP... SOE could barely do it with a full team devoted... and DBG gives less than 2 effs about putting any time or money into anything PVP related
  12. Freddie_Mercury Member

and you will forever and always have people that believe that fighting a scripted mob for 2 hours, with ACT telling you when to joust and t-shell should get you the best gear in the game for open world PVP...

And those who spend literally the same amount of time PVP'ng, get no gear rewards at all, and then get steamrolled by someone fresh out of PR with their fancy new OP 9s stun belt that procs every other hit...

Yeah.. PVP is dead... and i wish it wasnt the case, but it is and always will be..
    RIP EQ2 PVP
  13. Swerver New Member

Any pvp is better than no pvp. I do agree there are some fixes that need to be made but like you said even SOE couldn't get it right all the time and Nagafen was the largest server in the game. It almost feels like their latest attempt at pvp was a survey to see how many people are still interested as it was a temporary event server basically. With this long break from pvp hopefully they've been putting in the work as it seems they are excited for what is to come without getting everyone's hopes up too much. I had a blast on Deatholl and Nagafen 2.0 despite the bugs and wrinkles as they didn't effect my play all that much.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Freddie_Mercury Member

Unfortunately that was an ill conceived idea because that is what prevented a lot of people from even going to Naggy 2.0. The ridiculously stupid idea of temporary seasons where everything is deleted every few months. The idea thought of by people who had obviously never once in their life played on EQ2 PVP server because that is the most asinine idea i have heard of for a PVP server.

so you had much fewer people even coming to the server to begin with because of that debacle.. and then the launch day debacle that absolutely destroyed the server in less than a month... wow... i have never seen anything so poorly managed in my life. Truly a shame because it could have been so great. All they had to do was admit they made a mistake and reroll from day 1 and we might still be having fun on Naggy 2.0... that is, if they axed that moronic idea of seasons and deletion of characters... lol.. what a joke of an idea that was... I certainly hoped they fired whoever thought of that TBH. That guy/gal needs to be flipping burgers, not using their brain for a job
    Frostfang likes this.
  15. Frostfang Member

That idea was probably brought about by Daybreak, someone as you said probably hadn't played EQ2 before. I have higher hopes now as I'm guessing the development team has a lot more freedom to work on stuff that'll actually be fun rather than trying to copy battle royales or something stupid along those lines.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

I think a few friends and I were the only non-russians on Nagafen 2.0. I played to level 70 legit and never encountered a single non-Harla Dar player. Goes to show the general popularity, I guess.
  17. Frostfang Member

Season 1 or 2? Season 2 died pretty quickly as far as I remember. There's more pvpers than you think. They just hated the seasonal servers.
  18. Nuada Active Member

If that were true ORG. Nagafen would never be down

The Most player do not like raiding for good gear in pvp.
    The most want PVP gear for PVP maybe with pvp writ drops from the Boss mobs, and full aas for all for class balance
    and Bg for all servers but the "new PVP server" players get better gear as all other server.
    it was a time nagafen was full and this rules was set.
    and the most players has swaped to nagafen to get the best pvp gear.
    there is simply no incentive to play for more than one month

the whole server need to be designed for pvp with 10 options to get identical gear
    and all 3-6 months new gear for all

potential is there they just have to use it.

and Kos is only **** in the new glory combat system, it was nice with the old combat system but not now.
    you saw with kos it was totally empty didn't interest anyone.

I could now write 100 more things, but I have no desire to continue to commit to the game, it will never change back to the lvl 95 epic Balance anyway.
  19. Frostfang Member

I don't understand how any of that refutes my point. The devs have already stated that there isn't going to be entire pvp sets like there used to be and I doubt that's why pvp hasn't been catching on well. The game can be balanced so it's more enjoyable but we really don't need entire pvp sets added all the time in order for this to happen, nor do aa's need to be given out freely. The devs just need to be prepared to continuously fix gamebreaking balance issues in the pvp servers they release without deviating from how the other TLE operates to a great degree.
  20. earwiglockpicker New Member

Why would they make a pvp server when they make bank off pve with less work? Our guild came back because we heard they were bringing back the pvp server which was wrong info. This game could be so much more if they would put in the time to get it there. When we played on pvp server they were always full. I just cant see myself or other guildies playing long. I get bored questing and it is easy mode now you dont have to earn nothing just swing or get a merc to kill it for you. Sad because this game could be so much more.