Petition Devs DISRESPECTFUL

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CrayonstheMan, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrayonstheMan New Member

I have sent many petitions in needed help and everytime all i get is a screw you and we are no longer responding to this petition, what the hell is up with daybreak??? 15 year player and all i get is a big F**K you???? is there anyone devs i can speak to besides Game Master Serl or Game Master Violetta, they are both highly unprofessional and refuse to help me
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

3. parissa Well-Known Member

GM Violetta is the best!!! I have always had amazing customer service from her... she is polite and nice.... follows up within 24 to 48 hours... may not of been what wanted to hear everytime... but she was always professional about it... even when I screamed my house got ate during a transfer and it was the wrong character... she wasnt even mad that I wasted her time but was able to laugh with me about it...
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

What problem are you trying to get fixed? There are a few helpful people on the forums who might be able to help.
    Cyrrena, Siren, WhysperWynde and 3 others like this.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

Sometimes the problem is with customer service but sometimes it is with the player. What was the problem - maybe it was something that customers service couldn't do anything about? Did you ask politely? A petition saying "this piece of crap game designed by idiots screwed me over - fix it or I will leave" almost begs for the reply "May the door hit you on the **** on your way out".
    Cyrrena, Siren, WhysperWynde and 6 others like this.
  6. CrayonstheMan New Member

in no way was I disrespectful and i did not tell them to fix it or i leave i've been playing this game since release you would think with all that money invested they would be able to help me out with ONE simple goddam probelm
  7. CrayonstheMan New Member

It's all good this is prob the nail in the coffin for me such disrespectful, lazy, devs.
  8. parissa Well-Known Member

It's the same one? And you keep petitioning? I'm curious, but you havent said what it is you are petitioning.... what is it? Maybe we can help
    Cyrrena, Siren, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All support teams have rules. If their rules say they can't do something, then they can't. It's not disrespectful to tell you "Sorry, no, we can't fix your issue". Frustrating, yes. Disrespectful, no.

What was your actual problem?
    Cyrrena, Siren, WhysperWynde and 4 others like this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

If you can post what your problem, request, and response were, we can likely give you a good picture of the situation. Given what you've said here, we have no reason to believe that you were helpful or even polite. Every ticket I've ever submitted I do so with screenshots of my problem and as many specifics as I can.

"On the character named X on server X, I tried to do Y and it didn't work. I troubleshooted by doing X, Y, and Z, but I still come up with this: "
    vs
    "STUFF BROKE"
  11. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The OP:
    And the replies that followed:
    All I can do is wonder what kind of experience the GMs had when trying to deal with the OP?
    Cyrrena, SynnikuL, Siren and 8 others like this.
  12. Cravaro Active Member

Sony/DBG/DPG customer service has always been fair to me. Sure they have fewer people keeping the engine running these days but as has been said previously, they can only help so much. Unless the OP can provide more details as to what the issue was and what the response was, there is nothing we can do to agree or disagree with the original statement. I really doubt they were disrespectful to the OP, maybe the response was not what he/she wanted to hear.

Many years ago I sent in a petition for a step that wasn't showing up for Swords of Destiny. (that tells you how long ago this was). I was playing a Sarnak alt and because they are neither true good or evil, I couldn't advance the quest. It was a bug of course. When they created the questline, they didn't take into consideration that the new race of Sarnaks would be neutral aligned. The quest itself branches off depending on good or evil.

I was soloing wurms in Jarsath Waste for updates to a different quest when someone randomly un-ivisbled themselves in front of me. It was a game rep from Sony! She introduced herself and asked me a few questions about the specific problem. She took a few minutes then she did something to my quest journal and actually advanced my quest to the next step! Right there, no fuss no muss. It was amazing.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Jinksie and 3 others like this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Your description of the fix for your quest made me smile!

As stated in your response - summarizing and agreeing - sometimes the outcome to a petition is not what you want to have happen and that is upsetting. However, that doesn't mean that the CS is being disrespectful.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Cravaro and 2 others like this.
  14. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I heartily agree with parissa that GM Violetann is the best. She has fixed many a problem for me & always in a nice, polite professional way. I am really amazed to hear anyone say that EQ2 Devs have been anything other than professional. As Avirodar has pointed out here - you've been asked by 5 people who've offered to help you what your problem is & have ignored every offer. Makes me wonder if you are as unresponsive with the Devs too. Could be the problem right there!
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I'm talking to this player now in DMs thanks for attempting to assist everyone! I am going to lock this thread.
    Kuulei, Cyrrena, Snikkety and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.