Ethereal 2020...tell me I am missing something!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Elorastar, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

Yes, it is very simple. I got all of that from the following:

• Completing any Blood of Luclin weekly mission will update the “Blood of Luclin: Ethereals Ahoy!” weekly ethereal mission, which is automatically added to your journal when you obtain any mission that can complete it. As it is a weekly mission, the “Blood of Luclin: Ethereals Ahoy!” weekly mission may only be completed once a week for 12 Peculiar Medallions.
    • Completing “Project Moonchase: Nowhere to Run [Heroic]”, “Project Moonchase: Nowhere to Hide [Heroic]”, or “Lunar Locales [Event Heroic]” weekly missions will grant a bonus ethereal reward depending on what the lowest difficulty that any stage of the weekly mission has been completed at. Completing them on the default [Heroic] difficulty will grant 12 Peculiar Medallions while completion on Challenge will grant 14 Peculiar Medallions, and Expert will reward 18 Peculiar Medallions.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is that the ethereals have been handled the same way this xpac has been. They just rush to release the framework with a notion of how it might develop and then worry about adjusting it later. And then readjusting it back to broken once they have it working. It's how I imagine a monkey in a room full of footballs would be except the footballs would be the aggressors in this case.

Trying to make sense of it at this point is futile because I doubt the devs even have a set direction in mind. They've been putting out fires with teacups for so long I think it's now the norm.
    Kheldar and Argosunited like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Horrible because they're just challenge mode with a little bit more resolve? Or am I missing something? They're not so hard. The trash is the toughest or most hazardous part of most zones.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Fair enough. Looked like you were still unsure, and I hadn't really looked through the thread. At least you know how it works now anyway.
  5. Observing Active Member

Can you provide more info on soloing big baddies? Are you choosing a certain set of 3 mobs? What class and stats do you have?
  6. Observing Active Member

Nevermind, managed to molo one of the Shiknar in 6 minutes at 4.2 B dps and 43 M hps. Just needed to redo my AA and infuse a piece of gear to get to a high enough hp to absorb a few hits. Highest incoming hit was about 97 million.
  7. Jrox Well-Known Member

Probably longer than you.

Actually since the invent of EQ1 it has been this way on all items in game. Every xpack there is an eventual (UPGRADE). However, if you deem it was broken, why was it left as is for four years and now ALL OF A SUDDEN deemed not to work at all in xpacks moving forward? Is there an upgrade or a replacement? It wasn't as OP as you think, it just made the class fun. Now your once again just a bot on either Enchanter. Not that you can't still parse, but damn it's not as fun lol. But you do seem the type, based on other posts I've seen you post, to think calling for a nerf bat is a good thing. And calling for them is something that is halfway classy. It's not.

I was actually told at the beginning of the xpack it was as intended. So there's that... If I deem something needs to be let go in my mind, I will do so. Until then, guess your stuck reading my posts, or wait, novel idea, just skip over them. Either way, more complaints coming soon to a thread near you. At least until they begin to right the ship. (Continued with wall of text about EQ2 Dev team vs. Mgt. and who's to blame. Deleted, well because it was LONG...lol.)
  8. Occam Well-Known Member

Unless you were with me as an alpha tester for EQ1, I highly doubt it.

Listen, I agree that they haven't handled this well. All I'm saying is that the cloak should never have been allowed to be viable for so long. It should have been replaced with something else long ago. Being upset they removed an item from 4 expansions ago is unreasonable. Being upset you felt you needed that item to enjoy the game, COMPLETELY understandable. I hope they hear the feedback and give you guys something else.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Tell ya what, prove you were in Alpha. What was the name of the server during ALpha of EQ1. Then we will discuss. Even better, what was the Giveaway during alpha towards the end? ;)

This was much more constructive. I see your forum game getting stronger... I am not upset about anything. I am just complaining about an item they took out of game.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

thats not technically correct, just made it not work on the moon
    same with orange runes - can still use them other places
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

Semantics - considering I don't really play old content. So making it useless moving forward takes it out of game. And you re correct about the orange runes. And we got replacements for those, right?
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but that was from one expac to another
    they never made a replacement for that cloak i dont think people were up in arms when that cloak suddenly was obsolete
    then people found that it worked great in this expac suddenly
    which probably wasnt intended
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

This is an assumption by you and not a fact, unless someone told you directly, in which case once again failure to communicate effectively on their part. I was actually told early on it was working as intended and there were no plans to changing it.
    Wait, I didn't make the comparison with the orange runes. You did, so lets leave them out of the conversation all together. Rather than imply I was stupid enough to consider them in the same conversation.
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

Still waiting... It's not something you can google btw. ;)
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

yep total assumption but it tracks with the food buff removal, the bovitch shrink removal
    i did not imply you were stupid i was just saying
  16. Jrox Well-Known Member

I didn't think you did.;) I need a sarcasm on and off switch in these damn forums lol.

And I get the two removals previous. However, the Bovitch was plain rude. I guess someone figured out how to exploit with it and shame on them for doing it. That thing was so much fun to have. I literally did the coins for that just for the fun of it. Now I don't even carry it in my bags.

The cloak made the Illy fun. Honestly, I have been at my raid team to let me main swap since they took it. The Illy is now a mana bot. It's not fun at all. There is zero challenge and all zones can be done with a Troub/Beastlord feeding power and an A$$ ton more DPS. So why take an Illy now? I totally told a bunch of coercers to come play Illy since it was so much fun and the coercer had become a total drag. Now both enchanters are and the entire class is dying. There will always be those who play them just to make a team, but the skilled players, those who like to somewhat compete, will probably walk away from those classes all together. Simply because there is nothing to do but fill power. And buff everyone else for their playing enjoyment. Nah sorry, not for me...

And before you come out of the woodwork with your holier than thou speech on how everyone plays a role... I can play the same role on a troub or beastlord. There is nothing I can't accomplish on those two toons that I could on an Illy outside of a 30 min reset (per toon) for my raid. /facepalm
    Argosunited likes this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

you could also take a chill pill /hug :)

maybe they will put that effect on an illy class rune?
    Jrox likes this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

But the cloak isn't THAAAAT good - Jrox, circa 1 week ago
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unlikely, given the lack of class runes...
  20. Jrox Well-Known Member

I mean it wasn't OP when I said that. It wasn't game breaking. People were making it out like it was. I am of the opinion you never call for nerfs on any class. You always petition for boosts to your own class to be brought in line with the rest. I was forfeiting a lot of Resolve/CB/POT/etc... to wear it. Yes it improved DPS because of the effect it had and made the illy interesting to play. But was it OP, no. But now the parse is utterly abysmal and is in dire need of being balanced. If the Devs felt it was OP then maybe they will give us something on rune or somewhere down the line to help bring it back. Until then I raid on an Illy to help my team but am now playing a different class in the world.

On another note... I dont remember ever typing "THAAAAT" But glad someone reads my snarky $h!t.