Binding to the Dark (Scepter of Shadows) data

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, May 25, 2020.

1. Raff Well-Known Member

Got a starter in a Heroic, which I don't have time to run much of. But have only seen 2 others drop in raid in the last 3 weeks or so. Of which up to 24 peeps are rolling on. Doubt I'll ever finish this quest.
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I think that the drop chance will be changed. On one hand they don't want that everyone completes the quest in a week or two. On the other hand they do not want that no one completes it because it would be too funny to understand.
  3. Gninja Developer

Should see some drop chance increases for raids in an upcoming update. heroic drop rates will not be changed.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Tangris Well-Known Member

Odd, I swear I read that you would not need to raid to complete this quest....

Thornfinger likes this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

He didn't say you NEED it. It sounds like it'll help though. Moss of Thurgadin finished his by solo grinding heroics like a madman. He had to work for it, but it's doable.
    An increased drop rate in raids would be awesome and very very welcome. I'm all for it.

Especially as we do normal mode with 3-12 players now for laughs.
  6. Interstella Member

Maybe the next time a new "quest" gets introduced, it can be an actual playable quest. Whats this game called again?
    Navarre likes this.
  7. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So, then people who solo a lot, or in guilds that don't do much in heroics, will never get/finish this quest... nice! Might as well put it on the Overseers as just another reward you won't get.
    Navarre, Suidakra and Quillyne like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

I got my starter 05/22 but no further update of the quest for a month.

Yes I have seen some updates in raid and heroic zones, but i did not win or buy them.

Please add at least one pling to the weekly quests rewards, otherwise almost ervery player will not finish this quest.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

does that include expert bol zones?
  10. Gninja Developer

There are currently no expert versions of BoL Raids planned.
    Bludd likes this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

sorry i wasnt clear. are you including heroic experts in your heroic drop rate comment?
  12. Gninja Developer

I haven't changed drop rates of any of these outside of raids. So, whatever it was set to previously is what it should be still set as. I would assume this carried over to experts, but I will double check.
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  13. Karsa Active Member

The drop
    Was it ever dropping in solo zones or harvested from nodes? Heard rumors and not for lack of trying have never seen or heard it being found it those places. Seen it drop once every 12-16 zones and seen it raid zones.[/quote]
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

one more question if you dont mind, and it may be bs, but is there a bug where you get a researchable artifact instead of a shard in heroics? the artifacts are kinda rare and it feels like when they drop, there should instead drop a shard :)

maybe you can check?
  15. Gninja Developer

Those two items are on separate tables. They do not block each other.
    Bludd and Breanna like this.
  16. Gninja Developer

No
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

thanks boss
  18. Ucep New Member

I know they are increasing the drop rate in raid zones in my opinion they could drop off every raid boss and still most of the raid force would not finish it till next xpac What does the rest you think about that?
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, as with anything tied to a RNG, I'm not expecting to get this item on any of my toons. I'm not being negative, just realistic. As someone who has yet to see a recipe book for Juxtaposition drop since launch of this xpac on ANY of my toons who do instances, Researcher quests on a multi daily basis, etc, it's nothing I'm going to get excited about. Is it nice, sure. But as long as the current broken RNG system governs what loot you see, I'm not losing sleep over it, haha.
    Recently told my guildies I was going to post an apology note about complaining about RNG tied to loot tables. Because most of the time all I ever see is "rocks" dropping from quests. I was considering suggesting they change RNG to RNY because that's the color of rocks I usually get...red and yellow infusers which I have a stockpile of and can't use. Any rate, grats out to any of you that may actually see this item sometime in the distant future.
  20. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Just to let you know. Last night the Solo Weekly rewarded me the Luclinite Coffer. The question becomes why does the last needed item drops in Solo content but the shards not.
    Tangris likes this.