Test Update Notes: Friday June 19, 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Caith Developer

ETHEREAL
    • Removed the Ethereal Mastery rune from the Summer Ethereal event.
    • Updated the test server heroic override to state "Your solo mission has earned a heroic ethereal reward due to a server bonus!" instead of still referring to a heroic reward.
    • Peculiar Medallion's prices have been set to their final live values.

GENERAL
    • Encounters with bleedthrough will now increase the amount they bleedhtrough by an amount equal to the difference between the encounter resolve - player resolve - 25. So if an encounter 25 more resolve than the player, the encounter not gain any bonus bleedthrough. If the encounter has 26 more resolve than the player, the encounter will gain 1 bonus bleedhthrough.

ZONES AND POPULATION
    • Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Divinity [Heroic]
    • Corrected an issue that would prevent Grace of Norrath from re-applying to characters when returning to Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Divinity [Heroic] on expert mode after obtaining the buff from that previously saved instance.

Wracklands: Showdown at High Noon [Challenge]
    • Lord Vleecan F'Ele's health has been reduced.

Fordel Midst: Remembrance [Challenge Raid]
    • Disturbed volumes have had the damage of their "Severe Paper Cuts" ability lowered in the "Palomidiar Allakhaji" encounter.
    • Echo of Anger has had their stoneskin spell recast reduced in the "Palomidiar Allakhaji" encounter.

The Ruins of Ssraeshza [Heroic]
    • Vesshtri the Swordfang should always drop a chest and the gate behind it should always open upon its defeat.

QUESTS
    • Familiars Wild daily mission will now grant season seven familiars.

ITEMS
    • Corrected a typo on several Soulshiv items.
    • Terrors of Thalumbra relic cloak class effects will no longer function within Blood of Luclin or later expansion zones.

TRADESKILLS
    • The researchers from Blood of Luclin have finished their research! They are ready to gather their findings and in turn making advanced recipes available for purchase in the Fabrication Hall of Sanctus Seru. If you're willing to lend a hand, they need your help once more in compiling all of their findings!

TIME-LOCKED SERVERS
    • Kunark era epic 1.0 weapons have had a black adornment slot added, and have had several blue stats removed from the base items.
    • Epic 1.0 quests will grant a black adornment choice that will allow a choice of what stat layout is desired on the weapon. Alternate Epic adornments may be purchased from Jawharah Izzah in Nektulos.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

COOL a new adornment for Kaladim I can't wait .
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Noobless Member

is the removing of the ethereal runes a temporary thing till u think what to do with them or more of a its my ball and your not playing with it kinda thing cause people have been angry about em?
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

items are now 100 tokens (up from 5) shards are now 3 tokens (up from 1) for those wondering, and I launched the researchers earlier today.
    That brings the number of tokens needed for 3 items (100 x3) and upgrades fro them (240 x3 x 3 items) to a total of 2460 tokens.
    An heroic mission gives 6 or 12 tokens depending on membership, that's 205 weeklies. Are you really sure those numbers are intended???
    With those numbers and running 5 solos-turned heroic on Test (and only on Test) a week, it'll take me 35 weeks to get 2460 tokens.
    This is not counting the runes as we don't have a price for them any more.

Thanks for correcting the typo and clarification on the Test weeklies.
    SolarFaire, Beee, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I wish I lived in a country where summer was nearly 9 months long.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

clarification on above statement, it's 41 weeks on Test with just solos, 35 with heroic outdoors. Hola in channel if you need help with those.

Factoring in the runes, if both runes are 300 coins, it puts it at 3060 total coins needed, that's 255 weeklies (43 weeks at my going rate, 51 without outdoor heroics)
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  7. Brosh New Member

So let me get this straight. For summer ethereals there will be no class rune, jewelry without ability mod or flurry, and no new zones. Way to ruin a normally good thing.
    SolarFaire and Observing like this.
  8. RigglyBiggly New Member

That Illy/Defiler Nerf is going to hit people hard! I hope the Math works out on these new items, because if they don't it's going to be a disaster for the game. Event runs for 8 weeks, it should take 4 weeks to get every item maxed using Experts and 8 weeks if you did it all normal Heroics. Any other way of doing it, would be too easy or too hard. No room for error in my opinion. I like how you went about it with the Weeklies though. Takes out the grind that turns people off from the game. Make the gear worth the Grind with a few best in class stats or procs scattered for rarity, or make the chest give a 10 Day spell reducer or 50k Familiar Xp.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

er, do you have info that I don't have on amount of coin rewarded per weekly? because with those new prices, it's far from being 8 weeks of normal heroics, just running the 2 instanced heroics weeklies and the outdoor heroic weekly I can get right now on Test (as heroics and not challenge), it would take 51 weeks to get the 3 items, upgrade them and buy the 2 runes.
    Or did you mean that it should take those 4 to 8 weeks in your opinion?

But yes, the whole set should be available in the number of weeks allotted to the event, minus one week for good measure, double/triple coins shaving a bit from that amount.
    SolarFaire, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Rastafarri New Member

So rather than take the feedback from the player community to inform adjustments/improvements to Ethereal Mastery adorns, Day Break has just decided to scrap them entirely?! lol mmkayyyy than...
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

It does sound that way, but maybe it's just how it's worded, and they'll be back nearer the appropriate juncture. If they have been removed entirely, rather than taking the feedback of the players and trying to improve them, then that's incredibly childish. So I doubt that's the case.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I wonder why they felt this was necessary. Either there's something similar coming along to take their place, or this is just sticking two fingers up at the guys who still use it.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

LOL
    SolarFaire and Whilhelmina like this.
  14. Gregore Active Member

You all can't hardly fix anything else in the game, but you can "fix" nerf TOT cloaks?! REALLY?! You do realize that the trade off to wearing those was losing a boatload of resolve and stats? I swear you people are sucking all of the fun out of this game! I feel like I'm back in the Army with the way you're killing the fun factor! Why don't you take your flawed math to another game Caith!
  15. Twisty Well-Known Member

of all the things wrong with the game to complain about, you gonna complain about fixing a stupidly-broken item 2 years overdue? get drunk, get lost, wake up with a fresh perspective
    SolarFaire and Drona like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You could move to Texas, where summer is about 11 months long. We don't have those ordinary seasons. We have two weeks of Bluebonnels, 10 months of Hell, then the rest is Wet.
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  17. Aniwiel Member

Please give me a way to change my illy class/spells quality to beastlord since we're useless with all your nerfs.
  18. Aniwiel Member

So bad, nothing worth spending my summer in this game, since I'm not playing one of the 2 or 3 classes the devs want everyone to play
    Jrox and Gregore like this.
  19. Occam Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are complaining about not being able to use OP items from FOUR EXPANSIONS ago! :rolleyes:
    SolarFaire likes this.
  20. Devin12 New Member

"Removed the Ethereal Mastery rune from the Summer Ethereal event" Are you really removing them? It was the main reason to play and I was looking forward to them. Say it is not so!
    SolarFaire likes this.