Corral

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by iceverything, Jun 17, 2020.

1. iceverything Master of Respawning

I would like to know whos idea the damn cowboys were? How does this fit into the theme of Everquest 2? And why do you think it fits?
    First off it DOES NOT follow the THEME of EQ2 at all! Whats next... Indians? If I wanted to play cowboys & Inidans I would not look at EQ2 for them. You are way off course with this last crap you gave us.
    The quests for this are ridiculous. Same few quest over and over and over and over and over and over and
    over and over and over again. This IS NOT the fix for the BoL issues. Im ashamed of the direction you are taking my game to. Yes I said MY GAME! I have been playing since Oct of 1999. How many of you have been alive that long let alone play EQ for that amount of time.
    And that dumb *** mechanical bull is BULL. What do piñata's have to do with cowboys? And Why are cowboys walking around with fishing poles and no water near by? And why are cowboys fighting with fish in hand? I live in the wild west and trust me cowboys DO NOT do this NOR do they live side by side with wizards and shadow knights. Harry Potter never met a cowboy did he? NO!

BoL seems to me a last minute thought on the devs part. Its mostly us getting BACK our ability to fly and jump in a terrain that is almost impossible to traverse on foot. Oh sure you say, "Thats the whole point to BoL" right? My reply to that is, "REALLY?" Seems like you devs enjoy taking from us what we have already earned. Thats just being lazy.

I am alrdy dreading what the next content will be. Im disappointed, frustrated, & feel ripped off.

I do feel a bit better blowing off that steam. :p
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

asterix said "yeehaw!". perhaps he knows something? it just seems to me that people who do eqii now are not from norrath. they are from one of his moons
    indians (native americans) would be better idea. they definitely fit better into fantasy genre. they would be like forest elves
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I've been alive since 1964. They didn't have EverQuest then though.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. iceverything Master of Respawning

I been around longer than '64. I see tho ttobey you did not address the main questions.
    /shame
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

In a fantasy universe...all things are possible. Just because it is not your fantasy, in particular, doesn't invalidate another fantasy.

I mean..gnomes? Really....buncha troublemakers', imo.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think iceverything would prefer a space adventure after all EQ2 already has Alliance for quite a wile .
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Space alien I wanted to say.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Look. I get it. Cowboys don't fit into the theme of Norrath. Especially an entire race of ogres who were born, bred, and live in the Plane of War whose entire purpose for existance it to fight in wars in the name of their god, Rallos Zek.

I questioned how this zone fit into the game as well, but then I actually did the questline.

Long-story short, after some of the Diaku learned that Rallos Zek had actually been slain back during the Velious expansion, a sector of Diaku found themselves going through a major identity crisis. You mention this to the quest giver at the camp in the Wracklands, mentioning how their armor and weapons are nothing like what a Diaku would normally use.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I look at this and think those ogres have some high developed technology and they got very long ranged satellite TV
    When this tribe of ogres had their identity crisis they sat down with some fatty food and some hard drinks and watched to much Earth TV shows and like in one of the star track shows they decided it was a good idea to the Cowboy Thing even if they had no idea what that really is , it just looked cool to them .
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what I meant is in one Star track episode some people who crash landed on a planet decided to be inhabitance of Chicago
    during the prohibition with gangsters and police chases .
    So this ogres thought playing sheriff and bandits would suit them .
    And the fishing poles they might use just because people in Frontier towns have them .
    The ogres had no idea what those are , but it fits the image .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

All I can think is that someone at Daybreak got a raise and can now afford the really good drugs.