A Note from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Kuulei, Cyrrena, Wulfgyr and 3 others like this.
  2. Flatline Well-Known Member

Worst part is ...
    I seriously doubt we will see any response from the Producer to this at all.

Which is highly unfortunate, as one of the premise of the Note from Jenn was "we will communicate" or at least thats how i read it ...
    Ryve likes this.
  3. Ryve Ryver'Fish

The thing about communication and transparency .... It's not about when it suits, when we feel like it

It's a steady flow of updates and conversation.

Right now there are so many threads across the forums,discord and more that boil down to lack of communication and all I see is silence from DPG.

Well, we got a few lines of update in discord last night, which didn't actually hold any real information just a reminder to be constructive and respectful.

But respect works both ways, and right now we're getting none from the company.

Ryver'Fish
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

How exactly did you perform in closed beta? Brad McQuaid announced beta in November 1997 and let everyone know it would be a private beta. Unless you were in studio helping the beta team? And I was using a modem as well when I got my first look at EQ1 and it did have a lot less lag. With that I cannot disagree.

I do remember staring in winter of 98' but the official release wasn't until I think Mar-Apr of 99' iirc. But that was not a beta launch. I think it was pre-order or something like that.

Yes, we are old foookers. :cool:
    Cyrrena and Wulfgyr like this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Last time - If I gotta say it again, I'm gonna take away your tatertots!!

We're not old. Just well-seasoned (like a perfect plate o' 'tots!).
    Jrox, Cyrrena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Flatline Well-Known Member

Think the PC correct term is "Retro" ? :p
    Jrox, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Rupe Member

Thank you for this information. I have been playing since 2009, and do not remember receiving a memo such as this topped off with a nice mount. Peace to all, and to all a good fight.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sephy666 Member

What really irks me and drives both me and my wife away from the game is not really the instability although that itself is an issue. It's the ammount of grabage on the shop that should either be in the game or removed entirely. It promotes this Idea of Pay to win, or Pay to not play the game and just pay to bypass most systems for example paid character boosts, exp potions, paid guild halls, Familiars (Paying for stats), Paid for mercenaries, Premium Races and classes. This is unacceptable in a game that has paid expanaions, plus a Sub, Plus a Shop and the prices are astronomical
    The-Plethora, Lewbowski and Kittik like this.
  9. Pharliquin Member

While there are certainly many issues in game that most would like to see addressed...Im going to have to agree to disagree about money hungry- It is just unrealistic to think things should be free. Do you work for free? Rent a movie on demand- $3 to $8. Go out for a cheap sit down meal min $20 per person. Ride the bus around town $3 and these are probably the cheapest forms of amusement we have other then rent stuff from library. Free- sit outside and watch nature and people. $15 a month is like 50 cents a day (cheaper if you buy more months at once. Stuff in DB store, not needed to play game- does it make things faster, less time consuming or pleasing to the eye Absolutely! If you do not want to spend the money, its simple dont. Go spend it on a new shirt or shoes or a book or whatever makes you happy for entertainment. As for me- yes I would like to see in game improvements, been like that from day 1 of EQ1, but for my $$$ Im still being entertained, and DB employess is still getting paid to try to make Norrath a better place. Peace
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

You're aware the estimated cost of the ultra-rare items from the crates? The mount from Cobalt and the merc from Singing Steel? You're aware that if you play T1 dps and don't use bonus infusers, you will be outparsed by healers and bards? If it was $5 here and there that's one thing. Some of these things cost 3 figures.. others 4 figures.
    The-Plethora and Jrox like this.
  11. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I need to agree with tanto, if its not pos to play a DD without invest 100drets of Euros instat of get the things by questing in game thier is something deffinetly wrong.

Their is to much stuff which is game relevant in Shop than we have stuff to earn with quests in Game and the game is called Everquest 2 not ever pay 2, evan the ne Fammilar season 7 is a slap into the face of all who bought the Premium or Collecters Pack from BoL Expansion.
    100 Euro for a Celestial and if you want fast level up the season 7 Celestial 100Euro more is not ok and not the way EQ2 should be.
    Without the CB overcap the new Celestial serves your out of being usefull as DD for any Raid.

The CB overcap on items in Game is a Joke so as respective DD you are forced to invest a mount of Money which is not ok or fair in any way.

Things which are needed to stay in duty should NOT be buyable via CASH !!!! they have to be in game and should be reward of Signaturs / Heritage Quests or Hallmark and not for cash or the most hated invention we ever had RNG.

Helfiren
  12. Pharliquin Member

I will politely agree to disagree. Having a business is about earning income...Parse items cost 100s to 1000s because someone or many have found chasing those items to be a good entertainment value for their money....and others feel if they do not keep up with Jones they are less worthy. So now spending feels needed and not a good entertainment value. but ask yourselves- if no one bought those crates for mounts and gear- who would you be comparing yourself to? Who would you be trying to one up? Whatever the motivator if the value is not their for your hard earned cash- please be good to self and spend it some where worthy.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Here's the thing. I'm harking back, but in the good old days you competed using skill and endless research, trial and error etc. And the people with the best stats were those who had earned it with real hard work. These days, whoever is most willing to spend will have the greatest advantage and the best stats. This isn't sustainable, because when you've bought success rather than earned it, the motivation to maintain it just isn't there, and each time a new tier is introduced, a chunk of those at the top decide not to do another round and quit.
    I don't know what level of the game you play at, but judging by your post, you are not raiding the endgame. However, if you were, why would you care about competition? To see your guild's name at the top of the progression list? What for? What does it show? That you have a greater number of people willing to pay to win? There is no prestige in being first any more. There's nothing to dominate except your overdraft.

Before the crates, before real pay-to-win, far more people played EQ2. We had far more servers than we do now, and they were all busier. Guilds really did compete, and it really did feel like it mattered.

There's something else to think about. We do now have content in the game which CANNOT be beaten without pay-to-win infusers. Personally, I see Diaku Challenge mode as just too much of a chore, and as I play a monk, my class doesn't really fit well with the requirements for the last boss. I challenge anyone though to take that zone down without bonus infusers. It can't be done, I'm certain about that. How do you feel about that? If you don't spend the money, this content is not for you. You are excluded. I'd say that Challenge mode Seru is probably still in that category too, but maybe doable with less ptw than Vleecan.

These things only ever escalate, and I expect there will be more content like this, which excludes those who want to just sub and play. That's dreadful imo. I keep hearing people use the phrase "pay to shortcut", and I shake my head. That label is so far off the mark.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You have a point, Tanto. If Olympic Gold Medals were available for sale to the public, what value or status would they have? Their "value" is in what they represent in terms of work put in, plus some innate talents. Yes, some have tried to work around that, but medical testing complicates that, haha. The same is true for this game. When being the top DPSer or raiding guild is entirely reflected by how much money you spent rather than the work required to get there, it makes the ranking rather hollow.
  15. Enimo New Member

on a side note, WTH! are the servers still locked. update started at 11am my time and its now after 8pm.. WTH is going with the servers?
  16. Lewbowski New Member

WoW, my post got deleted? nice.
    Truth hurts eh.

Why aren't mounts and other purchases shared amongst all our toons?
  17. Elvira Jane New Member

Thanks for the update! I appreciate your honesty and like many have said, we must certainly look at the bigge picture, because in the end, it will be a masterpiece! Can't wait!
  18. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Servers are up =)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.