Animation Fixes & Changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lionnhart, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Lionnhart New Member

Not sure if this is the right place, but i noticed that there were some animations that were added, and fixed with the last patch.

What i am talking about is the "tasset" or skirt armor that sits below the belt line. I've noticed that prior to the patch, it would always look weird without "cloth simulation" turned on. And even if it was turned on, it would look weird when the camera was zoomed out.
    When in winged flight (not mounted flight), the feet was always crossed, right foot above the left, and the tasset would continue to look kinda weird.

However, with the patch, it seems the skirt distortion was fixed, and there was an extra animation added when in flight. When the wings are moving, the feet is spread apart, then it would transition to "right feet" above "left" when the wings are gliding.

This is a great change, and it would be nice to have visual changes in the future added to the patch notes. For me at least, this is a nice treat.

TL:DR - changed the way frilly armor looks, and added an extra flight animation when flying with wings. pls add the patch notes.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Nothing new was added that I know of.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

They mistook a kilt for a skirt, and were blinded by what was underneath. :D
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Lionnhart New Member

Thanks for clarification. I could have sworn that something was changed. thanks anyways lol. Can close this thread now i suppose :p
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We have to wait for someone to rage attack you for your opinion that has nothing to do with what you were first talking about before the thread will be closed!
    Xevran, Breanna and Spindle like this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

:D
  7. Lionnhart New Member

So i found what was happening... turns out i wasnt crazy. :)
    I use the "alternative models" for some classes cause. My High Elf was one of the classes i use the alt models. It turns out that the body was different, not just the head. So the way the armor sits is different. For some reason, it was turned off the other day, and i could see the "original" models were more refined.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yea the original models always will animated better than the Soga models.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.