A Note from Jenn Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rougad New Member

Thank you for communicating with your customers but if you wanted to give us something for the trouble, why not make it something useful like another week of spell researcher drops or something? That you would think a mount with lower stats than the solo instance one makes me wonder if you really are in phase with the community after all... For most of us this is now a game of chasing stats just to be able to beat the content you release.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you for your update, Jenn. It is helpful to know what is going on with the game rather than flail around in the dark wondering what is going on.

That said, it appears you are still having problems with the program not loading assets after content updates. When I went to log in, this morning, I got an error message about assets not being found. So once again I am having to spend an hour validating assets instead of playing during the time I have set aside to play the game.

I have resigned myself to the reality that this game will always be in beta mode and I will just have to put up with it. I rarely even complain anymore as I have limited my play to the older zones that are more stable and are actually fun to play.

Hopefully you will eventually get the game back to some semblance of stability before the next major update.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Ziabis Member

And thank you for the gift.
  4. Testament New Member

I have been playing since launch, and I have been through the ups and downs of EQ2. But it makes it a lot easier to stay when something as simple as a letter is put out. Thanks you for that letter and I will keep on playing with hope that this game will get back to its glory days.
  5. Elkana Active Member

Thanks, that was a very well communicated update. Often times the people on the other end of your business (gamers) don't fully understand what's going on in the day to day operations. We all have jobs, and we all feel like if silly things weren't constantly popping up, and we were chasing stupid little fires all day long we'd get a lot more accomplished. Well, nothing is different in y'alls business either. You gave exactly what's be asked for, a clear communication of the on going process and what y'all have in mind moving forward. Bravo, well done. With regards to everything in the game right now, and with the release of the xpac. I still love this game as much as the first time my lvl 1 paladin took the life of that goblin on the Isle of Refuge and looted that goblin spine. From me and the Skyfire Raiding Alliance, keep rocking and rolling!
  6. Eloise New Member

Yeah right, like the Fitzpitzle's platform that cost me weeks of raiding to get but now can't be summoned and if want it back I have to buy it in the marketplace.
  7. Unayan Active Member

I'm not flaming you in any way & say this with respect. If you're that unhappy with the game maybe just maybe it's time for you to move on. Maybe take a break from the game so it doesn't cause you more grief after a possible stressful day at work. Maybe just stay in touch through all the social media outlets until the game is to the point where you can enjoy it again.
  8. Grawl Member

It is a pleasure to see the communication is better, but I'm only noticing it on the forums. Also good to see stability being worked on. Not as good as past years ago, but at least an effort is being done.
    It's also really good to see an ambassador of sorts in Dreamweaver. A central figure people can turn to. Probably see more, but he's been doing a good job honestly.

What I'm not liking these days are the disconnect between Dev's and Support team. It's like these 2 groups don't even talk to each other. If they don't then who is in charge of both of them? I'm not trying to be rude and don't take this the wrong way, but the attitude between them is almost bi-polar. Dev's seem very sincere while Support seem entirely strict and almost to the point of unforgiving. Normally I'd say that is a good thing, but with the lower population, then it might be better to cater to the population then to the rules. Making people miserable is just going to drive your business away.

I really hope noone takes this the wrong way. It's just a personal feeling to how the game feels.
    I'd offer more thoughts, but that's about content, not what was originally posted.

Thanks for your time!
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

In this case it doesn't mean either of those things, the things that are close to completion will still happen, it's related to additional projects they had hoped to complete. So events/summer ethereals/and even a GU are still likely to happen.
  10. Tilweani Member

I decided to do the math
    March 16 2019 - Shattered Lands
    May 11 2019 - Bloodline Chronicles, The Splitpaw Saga
    July 6, 2019 - Desert of Flames
    October 26, 2019 - Kingdom of Sky
    December 1, 2019 - Fallen Dynasty
    February 15, 2020 - Echoes of Faydwer
    June 6, 2020 - Rise of Kunark
    September 26, 2020 - The Shadow Odyssey
    January 16, 2021 - Sentinel's Fate
    May 8, 2021 - Destiny of Velious
    August 28, 2021 - Age of Discovery
    At first I was excited by the longer length times for xpacs compared to EQ Live's TLP servers, but I think 12 or 8 weeks would probably be better than 16.{ what happen to this Release ?} I also looked up another figure and ROK / Rise Of kunark was to be up on June 9th 2020 ?
    Jrox likes this.
  11. Gingerdale New Member

Thanks for update. love the detailed explanation and the new mount is awesome!
  12. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

Thank you for the clarification Dreamweaver! =)

I'd like to reiterate how nice it was to see this letter from Jenn Chan updating the player base on the issues the team is having. Often in game it feels like the problems go on and on and no one is doing a thing. Her letter let us know that they are aware and trying different solutions. It won't happen overnight but it shows they're working to make things better.

I hope to see more of these informational letters in the future.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification, Dreamweaver.

Thanks for the mount, Fippy. I cannot possibly disagree more with Rougad. A mount does not trivialize content by making our characters stronger without us even having to play the game. A mount can benefit any character even the low levels. A mount is as nice on the special ruleset servers as on the "normal" servers.
  14. Jrox Well-Known Member

you don't get what I am spelling out for you... I am having fun in game. I just feel like there are 1000 things more important than this and some of the other frivolous things they are wasting time on... i.e. the whole debacle with the shrink item from the April fools event. The communication attempt with a fluff mount seems more like a misdirect than an actual apology or recognition of problems needing correcting. But another way to soften the blow that there will be no summer event and we will be stuck with the content we have now until next year.

Why would I stop playing a game I love. And my constant contribution of funds to the game demonstrates how much I enjoy hanging with my guildies/friends and playing the game we care about. I can't voice my opinion here and be considered unworthy to play the game? If we all really felt that way your population would dwindle to nothing in no time. Simply because we all take issue with something at some point.

No jab at you, but if constructive criticism is too much, you should consider leaving the forums until you have cleared your mind and are ready to accept different forms of feedback so you can see all sides of an argument/opinion.

And Dream just posted above "MAYBE"

Just sayin...
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Luky Joe Kokomo New Member

Maybe it's just the gnome in me but I really think the TLDR's should be at the TOP and not the BOTTOM. I mean, if I don't want to read it, why force me to scan my way to the bottom for the topic paragraph. Topic Paragraphs belong on top.
    Rosyposy, Snikkety and Dude like this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Let's try and keep personal arguments and attacks out of this thread.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there was a question about the baby bovid , no it will never again shrink you .
    After I don't remember how many years Darkpaw decided that it was " never " supposed to shrink people , even if it said so in it's description , so now it only shrinks itself .
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am experiencing a moment, not directing this at anybody personally, I just found this definition first on my google search and thought it was humorous:

TLDR - Urban Dictionarywww.urbandictionary.com › define › term=TLDR
    Too Long. Didn't Read. Frequently used acronym by lazy, ignorant people in Internet Forums, where their urge to type something exceeds their ability to read ...
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

And no politics either.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You can TWEAK it?? Oh, man; come on, Thurgadin update, hurry up! I gotta see this! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.