Fixed Internally Grasping Bones VII - Not in recipe books

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Argosunited, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Another spelling error fixed and yet we're still waiting for spells to be added to game.
    Please advise why you are not capable of doing this.
    Cassta and Whilhelmina like this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We, necromancers, decided to take your server hostage and there won't be a game until we have our Grasping Bones again!
    Beware!
    All your servers are belong to us!
    Cassta, Dude, Breanna and 5 others like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Still waiting for an update on when the missing spells will be added.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

still waiting for a response from anyone that works for DSG. anyone? can ya add a spell to game?
    Cassta and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I dont want to hijack your post since its needs sorting, but ill just point out that several other classes also need their spell books added to the game, such as BL's Warder's Ferocity II where no tier has been disco yet. Its kinda silly the expansion is almost over and the next one is gonna be released in a few months and the basics still isn't sorted.
    Cassta and Argosunited like this.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Agreed (and fixed that for you). Please add the missing spells, it's been what - 6 months now?!

Not being able to add missing spells for multiple classes (Argos just happens to be the Necromancer champion) after 6 months, doesn't give me high hopes for how an AA revamp or promised class balance will turn out.
    Cassta and Argosunited like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could you link the ones missing from other classes? I know some but don't have all classes to check obviously (and checking from book vs EQ2U would be kinda time consuming to put it mildly)
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

This is far more likely to be fixed if someone compiles a list of ***ACTUALLY USEFUL*** spells that are missing, rather than bumping a thread about a stun for 6 months, so this is a welcome "hijacking"
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I know they do, I've been asked which other classes spells /ca's are missing, but surely it's for them to find out.
    I guess the other classes gave up on their spells / ca's, if anyone from DSG bothered checking Bug forums they could probably find the threads going back to Dec. Jan.
    I do know Palies are missing a spell / ca also.

I honestly think it's pathetic that more than five months in they are still not in game. How hard is it for them to add the spells to game? Can't be that damn hard considering we can research and pay for them.

The Necro spell that's missing, that's the first update to the spell since the 80's. I'm pretty sure we've waited long enough for it now.

Up your game DSG. It's honestly pathetic this hasn't yet been fixed, but hey, thanks for confirming that it is actually missing.
    Cassta and Whilhelmina like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So you're here to tell us which spells are and are not useful? If this doesn't affect you, why do you keep coming to this thread?
    If other classes care about their missing spells, they can post about them. Oh wait, they have, six damn months ago and the issue is still not fixed.

How anyone can think it's ok to not add missing spells, after nearly six months, is beyond me. Maybe next adventure pack they can leave one of your spells out.
    Cassta, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

They have left out a spell from my class, actually. I'm just not complaining because it's a terrible spell. Like Grasping Bones.

I come to this thread because you feel the need to bump it to the top of the list for bug reports EVERY SINGLE DAY. It has been confirmed, they are aware that it's missing. Continuing to post and insult the developers daily will not help your cause at all and serves as a major annoyance to other forum goers. When you're here every single day calling names, being passive aggressive or just directly aggressive towards the devs, then playing the victim when your post gets deleted, you can't expect any level of sympathy from people.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The fact that it's now 8 months later, been reported and confirmed. as have BLs, paladins for a similar situation far more important than Grasping Bones (which I actually deleted off the Necro's spells) and still...not a single response from the game's developers is also a form of passive aggressive behavior. When you've got time to fix spelling errors and not spells classes use, then something is amiss. While I get this is annoying the hell out of you that he's moving it to the top, a simple response from the devs might actually remedy the problem, neh?
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Soooo..... you feel the need to respond because someone else is drawing attention to a problem every day and put in your two cents? That's far more aggressive or passive-aggressive than what you accuse the OP of. And I am 100% certain she isn't looking for your sympathy.

Here's an idea if it's so annoying to you: Use the ignore button, and you'll never have to see it again. All you're doing right now is derailing a confirmed bug that has had zero dev response or input in months.

This is why we can't have nice things.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It seems to me that this thread may need to be locked.

1. It has the "Confirmed" tag. (Tagged threads tend to go to a sub-forum; This is the procedure for the EQ1 Bugs Forum).

2. It has devolved into attacks between individuals.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

I honestly think it's pathetic that more than five months in they are still not in game.
    Please advise why you are not capable of doing this.
    And I think they're just not capable of adding the spell at this stage. Maybe they should hire some interns to teach them some skills.
    That they've confirmed it and still not added it, is lazy.
    Do ya think you can manage to add the spell then? What a disgraceful effort on DSG behalf.
    Honestly this is pathetic. Add the spell to game.
    This is easily the worst and laziest expansion to date. Absolutely appalling.

All quotes there.

I'm not going to continue responding here. They know about the bug. The end.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I am not going to be locking this thread, while it is confirmed, it has not been resolved and will stay open until it is. It also however does not need to be bumped.

And on the topic of spelling errors being fixed since I keep seeing this, most if not all of those fixes are submitted by players and take seconds to solve. Bugs and things like missing spells may take significantly longer. Comparing them while it may make someone feel better to point out, creates a false equivalency of time spent on solving these issues.

The team is aware the spells are missing, there is not an update to share at this time, I know that is frustrating and I am sorry. Please don't let this thread devolve further. Agrosunited has a right to be frustrated and this thread has a valid reason to stay open.
    Cassta, Carynn, Wulfgyr and 11 others like this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I would feel much less frustrated if we were given an indication as to when the missing spells will be added. Just sayin'.
    We don't even have that, and the original post was in January.
    Cassta, AOE1, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Dream, as you know, a lot of us appreciate the work you do and that you have the patience of a saint. Let me say this about the observation/comparison of spelling errors and the point of this thread. I'll just speak for myself on this issue. Yes, we're aware that players let you know about spelling errors. In my book, those are considered "fyi." Do with them what you want...if you get them corrected, I'm ok with that. If you don't, I'm not going to lose sleep. Personally, I don't even care if they're in the patch notes. I'd prefer they weren't. What I want to see in patch notes is the really important stuff that impacts this game. So spelling errors or walls of text about incremental increases in armor are not on my priority list. But that's just me.

We get that some changes take longer. It takes longer to accurately assess changes in class spells and how it impacts the game mechanics from a number of different views. It should take less time to add spells or CAs that are missing from recipe books. We get that stuff takes "significantly longer." The frustration I'm picking up from players is that, if you'll forgive the comparison, is that it reminds me of a "Dear Abby" letter. "Dear Abby, eight months ago, I met this person that's really cool and well, we had a great time at the club and well, you know, we made this connection that night. Every time I see her, she's gained weight and has this enormous bump where her stomach used to be. I ask her, what's going on and she just says nothing new. It seems like something's going on. What do you think I should do?"

I think the frustration here, is eight months later, no one's heard a thing. While we understand things take time to develop, it shouldn't take time to say whether it's even on the discussion table, it isn't going to happen this year, it ain't ever going to happen, etc. People are frustrated because they're trying to make progress on developing their character. Is it getting revised, should I just delete it, is this going to be another spell I have to spend money to research? They want to information so they can plan effectively and not have to play catch up some time in the future.

If no one that's involved in this process has any idea on these matters, then I might recommend you lock the thread, because I'm not clear what purpose it would have to keep it unlocked at this point. It's been reported, it's been confirmed. Eight months later, we don't know any more than that. Eight months from now, the situation may still be the same. I'd suggest unlocking it when there is something to actually report. Otherwise, I'm not clear on why you wouldn't lock it at this juncture given the situation.

As always thanks for your ear.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

To echo Bhayar, thanks for the update Dreamweaver. However, I am going to "agree to disagree" with you regard the not needing to be bumped statement.

Here's the thing - bugs get posted in this forum. Some get acknowledged or confirmed, and a few eventually even get fixed. The rest languish in oblivion, and fall further down the list until they end up so many pages back, they may as well be in the bug forum dungeon. What kind of message do you think that sends to us (Hint: It's not that everyone is so busy that they didn't have time to respond)? Many times the impression I get (my opinion only) is that reported bugs aren't even worth the teams time to read or respond to. So why even bother to write it up here? /bug it in game, hope there's a solution, or just stop playing in frustration.

My suggestion would be to place a pinned "Bug Tracker" at the top of the forum that identifies what items are "on the radar" and thus don't need to be continually bumped. As I've said before, a solution timeframe doesn't need to be included, just an acknowledgment that the team is aware of the issue and will address it when resources are available. When setting it up, set a cutoff of 90-120 days worth of reports to review, and then maintain going forward. I think this would help foster a sense of communication, and might even make it easier for the team to identify the bug to squish next (an internal version of the tracker could also include "likes" to give perspective on what players view as important.)

For example: I know there's a bug with Tunare in the Arena of the Gods, and posted about it here. I also happen to know that Gninja's aware of it, and simply doesn't have the resources to address it at this time. How's a different player or new player supposed to know that? Dig through until page 8 of the bug forum to find the thread? That won't help much, because Gninja responded to me on Discord. So all they'd see is a bug that was reported, never responded to, and is now buried 8 pages deep.

Heck, I bet you could even get some community volunteers that would be interested in keeping the tracker updated.
    Cassta, Tkia, Argosunited and 2 others like this.