Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

On what? The tumbleweeds and you get points based on how many people or NPCs you knock over?
    Geroblue, Kittybock and Breanna like this.
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They can catch under your car engines, they overheat, and catch fire. Then the car catches fire.

edit: There is a 1950s Twilight Zone or Outer Limits episode where some being is trying to use them to communicate with humans driving their car on a lonely road.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Flying Mounts make the game world smaller. I have read a few posts about how big the world used to seem, but if you fly in older zones they don't feel any bigger to me than the newer zones.
    Any thoughts?
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

well its kinda interesting not having flight at the start of expac but it should unlock on all chars when it unlocks after doing the sigline once on an account

but flying is for the win imho
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah I like flying too. The new expac seemed huge having to run through it. I also liked after you get to fly, you found new quests that you can only find by flying. I also think it should open up flying on all characters once you do it once. I'll put it on my list of things to pass along to designers.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah fun finding the blue shinies on top of places you could only reach by flying (or getting ported there)
    fun finding all the poi quests

so i like that aspect imho

also i cant wait to put on some floyd for next expac, i am expecting a lot of pink floyd references. i hope there's a hammer boss
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK Since Bludd was the only one who replied, he got to pick the next mount and he graciously gave his pick to me. Thanks!
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  10. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Will the new mount have a manual transmission? Would also be cool to lock the brakes and do burnouts on takeoff.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Bludd earns it :) .
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Bludd like this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Here's what I'm trying to figure out with mounts. It's a really annoying issue. So, all player characters have an eye point/camera that lines up with their eye. If you zoom in and out of first person you pretty much zoom in and out of the head.
    This breaks on a mount as you have probably seen. The mount has an eyepoint that lines up with the mounts eyeline. The reason the mount has an eyepoint is this...
    If a player sits on the mount, the player inherits the motion of the mount. So he will be bobbing up and down and instantly get motion sick. So the eyepoint is added to the mount and doesn't move up and down keeping people from getting seasick but this means when you zoom in and out of 1st person, your camera zooms in and out of the mounts head regardless of where the character is. I try to put the mount eyepoint in a neutral position based on a race that is halfway between small and large, but it will be wonky if you are small or large. Anyway I think we need some kind of chase camera that overwrites the other cameras but that is probably a big coding issue for somebody. That's whay I have been thinking about this morning.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah man i would have done it anyway
    (hoping its a tumbleweed)
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

i always play in third person ttobey so im good?
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yep!
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Bludd like this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

so yeah you could just force 3rd person on certain troublesome mounts? like the flying bike with triangular wheels you're making?
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Geroblue like this.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

I like being able to fly. But yeah, Kunark was huge at level 75 on a ground mount before the days of Fast Travel.

Just disable first person for mounts universally? I haven't played in first person since the days of Might & Magic. Would be hard to go back to that. First person view loses peripheral and rear views. Its okay for real life, lol...but not for gaming.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Me, too. :)

I can't use the snakey ToT mounts as appearance because they make me seasick even in third person.

I LOVE the birds from PoP, but their tails flip and obscure my vision, so I rarely use them, either. :(

I third, fourth, fifth... or whatever unlocking flying for the whole account when either the adventure or tradeskill sigline is finished. I love the way the BoL zones look, however, they are really annoying to travel on foot - way too many KOS mobs that don't drop anything or give xp, and too many mountains that can't be climbed. At least give us plenty of climbable walls so we can get around!
  19. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I play in whatever view is best for the job. If I want to feel like 'I'm there' I go to first person. I did this in EQ1 pretty much all the time since I was a cleric and had to stare at health bars so what the heck. Plus EQ1 had some camera issues where it would get stuck if you tried to rotate the camera in 3rd person.

If I'm doing an instance that requires seeing things in all sorts of directions I go to 3rd person. I'd be happy when riding a mount to be in 3rd person and not bother with 1st person since it usually isn't important and I'm usually refilling my wine glass. Also in 3rd person you can actually look around.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I only use first person view when I decorate not when I am out in the world.
    The problem is our toons are not able to do what real people do turn their heads and our eyes have a wider vision area too we don't wear blinders like a hose in town .
    When I go inside an instance I usually go to a somewhat nearer vision so my vision does nor keep on zooming in and out .