DAYBREAK MUST SEE

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Seth, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Seth Well-Known Member

I just love that daybreak think they are the be all and end all.
    Sorry to say but we're the ones giving you the cash. Sure you can say but we will end the game ( but where does that put you in reality - looking for a new job ? )
    SOE ran this game 10x better than you do even though in the end they sold the game. So can ya quit acting like Simps and Con artists and sell the game to someone else.
    You ban people from discord because of geniune questions that you fail to answer and adhere to.
    You Ban peoples accounts without looking into said acquisation in the correct and proper manner.
    You give us 10% completed Expansions and expect us to stick to your leg like a lovesick puppy.
    You Neglect your Real Playerbase, yeah emphasis on real because honestly Botters.. i mean screams ToS you have it written and i could Copy and paste it for you if you wish contact me after and i'll post it to you snowflakes.
    You Make TLE's that are Pay to Play and yet Dont Provide any Decent or Quality content
    You have a good game yet Fail to make it good. You literally got Handed the game, and now your experience is in the light.
    Your Inability to run this game in the correct fashion has led to what we have now, ash.
    So stop trying to use a little brush to pick up the ashes of an empire that you set fire to and just let the wind take it.
    We're done with you. Your quite frankly probably nearly done with us, little bit more left to milk though before yer done.
    I give this game Two Years MAX before i guarentee you, either you leave or we leave.
    Few Reasons for the two years. 1. TLE will have finished and people will be trying live for a few months until they realise it's trash ( if even that )
    Current Expansion being released as it was only indicates lack of funding / team / commitment.
    Overseers where as stated a " good " lol good....anyway, a " good " way of reducing the amount of quests needed. Sure okay lets neglect Lore. anyway moving on.
    People who play to craft / housing / decorating blah blah, get locked behind a paywall as shown with overseers and the RNG it
    revolves around.
    Mounts that cost over £1,300 to acquire ( more than all the premium expacts put together from release to now ( for context ) )
    Half or more, of the tradeskill classes are irrelivant.
    Tradeskill Timelines literally being non existant and not up to par with even the dreadful Adventure Timelines.
    Cant say as a fact but i reckon your loosing more subs than gaining because well dont need rocket science to see that.
    You Stopped Veteran Rewards because " we ran out of ideas " & also did not want people to get stuff when they are potentially not present. So by that statement the following should not exist, i could take a break from the game for a year or two become a very wealthy person, come back, buy 25 Krono's, 400 Cobalt Crates, pay a top tier guild to give me everything i need, gear / adornments / items. within a week.
    So i think the words you where lacking in your sentence where " Free " free stuff.
    If Anything , Veteran rewards Increase the likely chance of a player returning, especially as they used to give some neat stuff... Then again.. what reason does a player have to return if they quit because of all the shenanigans as stated above ?
    I mean i know your not blind, maybe blinded by greed is a better term, but really. This One Expansion you decided to go and Cuck everything up. Like a legitimate as good ol' boris would say " Invertebrate Jellys "
    Now your Probably thinking, but they need cash so they have to do these things otherwise the game ends.
    My Question to you.
    If they did it Right, when they knew they should have, and they Had a Healthy Playerbase of subscription based users, who occasionally dabbled in the shop once or twice a month over fluff items like mounts & housing items.
    Would they have needed to do what they do now ?
    OH BEFORE I FORGET, what happed to all the cash that was collected from that incredible Lifetime Sub package, pretty sure you made an insane amount of cash. And i mean you dont have an Army of people to pay a wage, and i definitely dont see that money Reinvested Back into the game.
    Reckon your company was close to Bankruptcy lol and you needed a quick way to grab cash, hilarous though.
    Kheldar, Loghain, Manafizzle and 3 others like this.
  2. Tangris Well-Known Member

While I feel Raff's response was not needed, I am in that alliance raid, and I love it so it feels great, thanks for asking, and personal attacks are not needed, stay on target with your post or it will get locked up.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

well a lot of the core people at darkpaw are from soe days
    maybe only execs changed at the top in daybreak

also veteran rewards are only fun for veterans but people who are new feel slighted so better to give all rewards to all players
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Raff like this.
  4. Blazen Active Member

To the original post... Don't get worked up, all these games are time sinks meant to generate revenue. But you are not forced to pay for anything and you either enjoy logging in or your don't. People always threaten to leave and do so. However, I've seen many of these type of disgruntled players return. Why would that be? I see nothing wrong with Raff's comment, because sometimes you do need a break.
    Cyrrena, Raff and parissa like this.
  5. Mr Rogers New Member

You have to remember that DB isn't Sony. They don't have the resources needed to keep the original vision alive. They purchased a vintage car and is now trying to keep it running, while trying to make a profit.

I understand what the OP is saying, but at the end of the day DB is going to do what is in their best interest, not ours. Enjoy it for what it is until you cannot take it anymore and move on.
    Kheldar and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Edited...cause of things, lol
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The OP is a literal wall of text and most won't bother reading.

Can I give unsolicited advice: either write in paragraphs or use lists and not in between?
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

When Benito is giving you advice on how to conduct yourself on this forum, you know the problem is serious.
    Ryve, Jrox, Kheldar and 9 others like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I've removed the posts that are either direct or borderline personal attacks. Let's try to stay on course.
    Moonfyre, Xevran, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  10. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I can agree with many points made in the OP. However, on the point about who ran the game better, I completely disagree. If anything, I believe we should consider SOE to be more accountable for where we are today.

- Layoffs and downsizing were already occurring under the SOE banner.
    - SOE was behind the epic public relations blunder of the ProSiebenSat.1 deal. Player accounts were effectively sold like cattle.
    - In the SOE era, a high ranking staffer referred to customers as credit cards with legs.
    - SOE set this game on the RMT/P2W course. They employed SmokeJumper, what more needs to be said?
    - SOE siphoned a lot of cash from EQ2 and burned it on vaporware/trash such as The Agency, Free Realms, H1Z1, and several failed versions of EverQuest Next, all the while existing titles suffered.
    - SOE did not future proof the game for engine upgrades, or hardware advancements.
    - The quality and scope of expansions was in clear decline while still under SOE control, when they had a significantly larger Dev team.
    - Stat-flation and itemization issues, along with band-aid mechanics, all started under SOE control.

When SOE was sold, I had big hopes that positive change would happen for EQ2. Sadly, it didn't take long for those hopes to be dashed. So to be clear, I am not saying Daybreak is wonderful. But I do remember that before "Daybreak Games" existed, EQ2 was already seeing player decline, multiple server merges, and guilds folding like lawn chairs after a picnic. Was SOE 10 times better? In my opinion: Nope. I consider them to be more or less the same company, just a different sticker.
    Peace, Moonfyre, Snikkety and 12 others like this.
  11. Rargo Active Member

Just like most companies the managers answer to company executives that I would presume know very little about what us the players want. They just want money and threaten the workers to produce desired results.
    I get the feeling that is what is happening to Daybreak. Since their CEO has a 17% approval rating... there must be some truth to this. Don't get me wrong I am not attacking anyone here. I just wish that somehow the players in this game, the veterans that have been here since the beginning - you know the ones they play and spend the money still - had some input into the future direction of the game. Something like a player counsel that could represent us.
    Peace, Goldheart, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  12. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

DW, could you rummage into engine of this forum to place are not only thumbs up but and thumbs down buttons (as Steam), please
    Because perhaps I'm not only one who can not put marks of approval/usefulness without availability opposite possibility
    Snikkety, Cyrrena, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

Constructive criticism goes a lot further than unpleasantness. The valid points mixed in with the ...excessive emotions and lack of punctuation tend to be overlooked. Too bad - there are some. But after someone says "a bunch of things got screwed up and we are working to improve it" the way to get their attention is not to scream "you are an idiot a bunch of things got screwed up".

I was here for SoE - no they were not better they were worse. Made mistakes on the game and treated us all like poop. Daybreak certainly made mistakes but at least I don't look around and see the sides of a toilet bowl as much as I did with SoE. And now Daybreak has spun off Fippy - maybe things will improve and maybe they won't but with SoE I had no hope at all.
    Peace, Cyrrena, Raff and 3 others like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

This is exactly how it feels. It no longer feels like they are making a game for the players, the feeling now is they are the almighty, and we should praise them simply for showing up. If we don't like what they provide, bad luck.
    They are making the game for us, the customer, or they should be. Does it feel like they are?

For example taking away the ability to fly until sig quest completion in BoL.
    No one was happy with that, but it's happening again next expansion, and in my opinion it's for no other reason than the content is lacking, it's just another time sink.

And why is Discord allowed to continue? Let's face it, they have no idea how to interact with CUSTOMERS at all.
    Their reason for most of the complaints from the player base is, they don't have the staff or time. Ok, so cut out Discord? That would give them more time, no?

Did SoE do it better? I don't know, let's face it they had a lot more staff and it wasn't on it's last legs then.
    I think the problems now lies with the staff, most should be replaced.
    Peace and chattie like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

While I probably disagree with some of the OP's assertions (after skimming key words), the wall of text and incorrect capitalizations just gives me a headache.

This is not an attack on the OP. Write for the benefit of the people (even if I personally agree or disagree with the sentiments).
    SolarFaire likes this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like an unordered list to me ...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

"incorrect capitalizations" it's only capital letters successively (in uppercase, right?)? well, it’s from inability of yelling - just they should add emoticon “yell” to editor (and for headline - opportunity to write it also in editor) and block possibility to write lot of capital letters in a row
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Since this thread is such a fun time, here's some tinfoil hattery that has always been on my mind.

Does anyone know anything about the shadow company that controls Daybreak Games Columbus Nova?

After the story of the acquisition went out, Daybreak then went on to claim Jason Epstein (A longtime executive in Columbus Nova) was sole purchaser of Daybreak, and installed Ji Ham as CEO. Obviously this move was done to shelter Daybreak from impending sanctions on Victor Vekselberg and Renova Group.

Daybreak was even listed on Columbus Nova's website for a time, probably before lawyers realized what would happen and they have to change the story.

Daybreak was purchased in full by Jason Epstein, but now run by Jason and Ji two long time executives at Columbus Nova and they have no affiliation?

Columbus Nova is an affiliate with Renova Group, which is owned by some Russian billionaire Victor Vekselberg payments to Trump through Michael Cohen.

I honestly just don't trust who is pulling the strings behind the scenes at Daybreak.

Will we ever hear a single word from Daybreaks two shadow owners, who have direct ties to a business Forbes called "A Family Office For A Russian Billionaire Owned By Americans"?

I doubt it.
    Kheldar and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If the choice is between a conspiracy theory and a veritable Ponzi scheme (vaporware: Pantheon, Star Citizen)? I choose conspiracy theories all day.
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

No kidding... conspiracy theory for sure... yes the Columbus nova is old news... my favorite conspiracy so far is... it was a Russian mob brothers who loved playing eq... yes we have most definately heard about it and all the rumors to go with it... I wanna say the day they got their hands on it... I believe massively op did an article on it.... I want to thank them for keeping the lights on... yay russian billionaire mobster what not brothers
    Peace, Cyrrena, chattie and 1 other person like this.