Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 29, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, the amount of time it takes to properly separate content for TLE's current expansion takes a different amount of time per event, due to the different type of content and the different ways said content is initiated by players. So, I chose to invest that time and work into Tinkerfest! It's potential for a pay off is much larger, with a longer lasting event and providing much more content to the players on Kaladim.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Huh. I'm not sure what can be done. There is a big difference between the player power levels in that content. Scaling NPC buff packages were never designed to be based upon a player's power or potential, they're set per NPC level and tier. I'll have to examine that.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{nod} I'll drop a warning into my write-up if you find there's nothing that can be realistically done, so the struggling 110s know to mentor down to 105.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, mentoring down is always the go-to at that level.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I found out a slight bug with event overseer quests.
    It's not that annoying but should be mentioned.
    First time I ran the event-overseer, I went to NPC, took it and ran them all with no problems. At the time, I had 9 charged quest + weekly.
    Today, several of my charged quests had run out of charges. So I started the event-overseer quest and a couple other quests, then went to the NPC near overseer quests vendor and proceeded to buy the missing quests... And I couldn't write the last one, I got stuck at 8 charged + weekly + event. As soon as I had completed the event quest, I was able to write my 9th charged quest.

to sum it up: you can get the event quest on top of charged quests, but you can't get a charged quest on top of an event one.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Just asking , but did we get more items on the Sparkler city merchants ?
    If not please could we have some more :)
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! I had added it to the list, I just had forgot to let you know. I've got 4 potential additions, one of which being a mount.

Thanks for the feedback!

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Hmmm... interesting. I'll pass this issue along to our code team. Hopefully, that is something they will be able to attend to before the event. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel. It's no biggie anyway, doing the event quests is fast!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Since they scale to us, shouldn't it be based on an "average"? :-/

Uwk
    who's actually, always really detested that: no Stealth possible on the mobs; no first-strike for the weak-and-squishy Cloth wearers or ranged Scouts, or launching Pets at them from afar; if you're soloing, you'd better be dang sure you can take them by yourself, and try not to trip over their territory when they're roaming the countryside, rather than staying in one area; sounds like mentoring down's always the way to go with them, regardless of level >:-/
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Scorched Sky was deactivated again when Test went down this afternoon. (Oceansfull stayed up, but Scorched Sky went kerpoof)
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! Scorched Sky is back on Test. Thank you for alerting me!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is to much Prexus on this server . I guess Ro does not feel comfortable , so he keeps on scarring his followers into running back to the lava fields .
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! That's what happens when event testing overlaps this much; I was waiting for loud steam explosions... ;->

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just stopped by the Sparkler Merchant to see the 4 new items , and they are not there yet , please don't forget that you wanted to add them Kaitheel .
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Test is not a TLE server, so the newly added items will not show up on the sparkler merchant for you. Those items (and more) are available from the normal event merchant on your server.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel I guess it's going to be a surprise than , all good , even so that Niami and I were wondering if there will ever be more items on the sparkler merchant on regular servers too .
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I wished we could get the Frock of Flame Armor Crate on Kaladim .
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

And just to clear this up you can complete the collection with in the Shattered lands zones , as a matter of fact you can do everything within the Shattered lands area .
    Now here is an idea for the future , why not make those festival collections repeatable once a year , and simply ad
    some choices to what you get ?
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, as it stands, the collection system is hard coded to be one and done. There is no way to make a collection repeatable. Currently, our only option would be to make a new version of the same collection, year after year. This would bloat everyone's collection list with duplicates. That'd be pretty messy.

But as you said, it's an idea for the future, so maybe in the future we can get a code solution to allow a collection to be repeatable.

~ Kaitheel