Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2020.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Good catch! This is a level 100 to scribe recipe ... which may explain why the combines seem slower than the typical quest recipes, and it bars a lot of casuals from finishing the quest. It might be good to drop it down to level 2 artisan. :D
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, technically, from a marine biology standpoint, sand dollars are a type of sea urchin; they're in the same Order. But "sand urchin" shells are available from the Moonlight Enchantment events, so calling them some variety of "urchin" would be consistent with that?

EDIT: And yep, Schmet was absolutely correct; teach me to Reply before reading all the posts. ;->

Uwk
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol yea I do that all the time Uwkete but I usually do it when there is tons of pages to go through , so I would say something like " I don't know if somebody else already said this ".
    I made typo I wanted to say mark the quest as level 100 , but I have to say Niami's idea is much better .
    So far festival recipes where never higher than maybe level 20 for crafters and usually they are level 9
    ( come on don't be so lazy you can get to level 9 ).
    The only reason why I went to that area to find the quest is I wanted to be level 100 to not get killed by the mobs wile I was trying to find the Osmirs,
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yes. Thank you DenMum for posting this but wish those wanting this posted it themselves.

I realize this is something that wouldn't be able to happen right away if it did happen but...

I would love to have a vendor for anything that is no longer available for this event using regular old currency please. I just don't have it in me to grind for special currency any more. For events that already have a merchant/vendor, would love two merchants/vendors:
    • First for new stuff only
    • Second for old stuff that was on merchant and possibly quests
    Old Stuff merchants/vendors using regular old currency for as many items as possible. It was soooooo nice being able to run to Beastr Egg event and quickly buying a stack of the new stuff. If not possible for every event, could it be for regular currency for items that cost special currency we cannot get from our harvesting ponies or have harvesting ponies give us the special currency it currently doesn't.
    Thanks!!!
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thank you thank you thank you Kaitheel! Love the items! :)
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Whaaaa?! That was not intended. Yikes. Gonna make that level 2 as intended. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

8. elflover Well-Known Member

love the new quests, glad they are quests and not overseer. love the new stuff. should make a merchant to sell the old items from the shells. all items from this event are lovely!
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kaitheel once told us , that the old items will be cycled in and out just like with Frostfell , so we get the new items and some of the old will still be in the shells too , next year we get other old ones , I guess you could always ask for the ones you would like to come back .
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

all of them... on a vendor!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG yes, a thousand times +1. What could it hurt? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes to all Elf's comments/suggestions! :D

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We have lots of the old Frostfell items on the vendors; why not these? ;->

Uwk
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just as an FYI for everyone (since not all Test folk know this), this likely will be seen Friday night. We're only getting patched on Friday evenings lately.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The fixes to To Shell and Back look good. The combine is still slow for a level 2 quest item for which you need to make 6. even as a level 110 crafter, but overall, this is looking good! <3
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Shells are much easier now although I'd agree with Mum that the crafting does seem slow for 6 items on a level 100 crafter.

Buckets on the other hand are still a problem. We still don't have sparkles so they're still hard to find. And I found another issue which I don't remember seeing on the 2 toons I checked this with last week There seems to be a random element on whether there is actually a yabbie found in a bucket. If not, you get a nothing found message. The biggest problem with this is that the bucket remains in place and if you come across it again as you run around you get an 'already searched' message on it the second time. This is very frustrating when the buckets are very hard to find to start with and impossible to distinguish between searched and unsearched ones. I defy anyone to keep track of their buckets as they frantically run around! Are the missing sprakles going to help this at all?

Weirdest thing of all is that last weekend I don't remember seeing this message once on either toon. Was I just lucky on the rng? And the rng on it can be brutal. Second toon I ran through needed 9 buckets to get the 6 updates. Not so bad. But my first one just kept getting 'nothing found' messages for ages. It took so long to get the first update that I was beginning to think she didn't have enough harvesting skill to pass a check or something. For the record she had maxed gathering skill which I would have expected to be the check being made, if any. I wasn't keeping count on her to get accurate numbers but it really took ages and I can check logs if needed.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I've been getting the empty messages all along, so you were just lucky on the RNG. But yes, the buckets neeeeeed something to improve visibility, once an art build is able to go in.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...it's been noticed that below a certain level (60s? 70s? I think when the "every other level, you get a new writ" thing kicked in, the crafting speed went up), all the crafting that doesn't involve Mass Production (and gods, do I love that thing! :D) is actually pretty darn slow, relatively. Maybe it's my imagination, but it does seem that the lower the level, the slower it is, which is why the "simple" stuff before level 10 feels like molasses, especially if it's not for a holiday thing. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Well, instead of relaying on an art build, I decided to change the art referenced for the bait buckets to one that already can play sparkle fx. The following change should be on its way to Test:
    • Oceansfull of Good Food - Bait Buckets have had their appearance adjusted. They now play a sparkle to make them more noticeable when they can be searched. It is not active when they have already been searched.
    It'll help quite a bit when it gets there!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

Awesome change, Kaitheel - cookies in the post! And for the record I ran a few more through this over the weekend and although I got the message a few times it was nowhere near as brutal as on my mystic, I guess the rng seriously hates her :(