Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

I am not finding any differences when comparing this recipe with other Live Event quest recipes. Do you have an example of others you are comparing it to?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Hmmm... You're right, but I am having trouble finding a quest that updates upon an item being tradeskilled that does update properly upon using Mass Production. (I've been looking through a bunch of Domino's quests!) Do you have an example?

~ Kaitheel
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is that a to-be-patched add, or is it already stealthed in there? If stealthed, it may be stealthed a bit too well :D
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Far Seas group crafting missions.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I confirmed its current presence on Test. It was implemented with the new content. I didn't mean for it to be stealthy. It's by the other tradeskill station and tradeskill fuel vendor in the area.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

It's definitely there, I finally found it!

And the answer to seeing the shells in bright sunlight appears to be Infravision. All 3 colours show up beautifully in this darkness, even at high noon. Available as a class ability to (non dark!) elves and from tinkered rose coloured goggles for characters level 30 and above. Anyone else I'd recommend looking for shells during the night if the sand glare is giving problems. Neither sonic nor ultravision help here, I checked.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, I think you are referring to the sub-quests involved in the "Clockwork Rescue", "Supply Stocking", "Shipyard Services", and "Emergency Portal Repairs" tradeskill instances.

I attempted "Firemyst Supply Stocking" just now, as part of "Supply Stocking", but I am not getting multiple updates for using Mass Production on this quest. Are we sure Mass Production works on these quests?

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

This requires an art build, but yes, it should be coming!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for helping celebrate Prexus like this! Here's the changes that have been completed internally, and are on their way to Test:
    • To Shell and Back - "Colorful Oceansfull Shell Necklaces" are now marked as associated with the quest, and can be used via a shortcut in the quest helper.
    • To Shell and Back - The area where shell pieces can be found is now marked on the map.
    • To Shell and Back - Orange shell pieces have had their sparkle fx color changed to red. Hopefully they are more noticeable, now.
    • To Shell and Back - Shell pieces now provide a harvest message.
    • Shell Game - Giant clam shells respawn faster now.
    • Shell Game - Aqueous Temptation has made its return amongst Prexus' Blessings.
    • Orange Coral Frond - Item can be scaled larger.
    • Diaku Rowboat - Name is now spelled correctly.
    Delivery date is unknown, but keep an eye on the update notes!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes,sorry, the Supply stocking stuff was what I was thinking about. Those all used to allow mass production, as it checked quantity of items made in the yield, not combines made.

Provisioner rush orders and work orders are another spot where it "appears" to count number of items made, not the number of combines, but since that isn't technically mass production, it may be a no-go these days. It isn't a huge thing, it is just a slow process without it to make 6. I've dropped a warning in the walk-through so folks don't burn through their shells to no avail and have to go harvest more. :D

Thank you for the time you spent looking into it! <3
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What really helps? Shutting off the bloody Personal Torch. It doesn't just literally make you snow-blind while in "wintry" areas, but any place that's smoothly granulated (not like The Commonlands' savannah), like a light-colored sand desert, will blind you, too. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Thank you! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  13. elflover Well-Known Member

woot ty :)
  14. draidean Well-Known Member

Would love to have the Driftwood Bench back too <3
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Tkia and Breanna like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

No, sorry, it was all an overall feeling. I'm a level 120 carpenter in full TS gear and it really took a while crafting all 6 of them. But there isn't a lot of live events asking to craft (and tinkerfest is really specific crafting wise depending on your skill). It felt long that's all. Sorry for the lack of example.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, each individual combine isn't "that bad", but the fact that there are 6, when we're used to quick one-offs and the like, is probably why it "feels" longer.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Tiny, tiny niggly

Shell or High Water, step "Return to Miaw at beach" ... can that get a "the" in there? :D
  18. Chrissdae Active Member

On Oceansfull of Good Food, when you bring back the yabbies and karkata, Hana says "I don't have to ask, I can see you've brought back plenty yabbies and soft-shelled karkata." I think it should be plenty "of" yabbies...

Shaylamae on Test
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To Shell and Back - it has been pointed out to me that these are not "urchin shells", but sand dollars. If you change the name, the rewards as well as the harvestables would need to be adjusted.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

"Sand dollars" are just another species of sea urchin , the other species are not quite as flat
    and are known as sea biscuits . "Sand Dollars" can also be called " sand cakes" or " Cake Urchins "

please make this quest as a level 100 trade skill quest I went there and picked up the quest on my level 2 crafter
    only to find out when I looked at the recipe , that I could not complete the quest .