Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Oceansfull is active on Test!

For generations, we othmir have been giving thanks to Prexus at this time of year for all he provides, above and beneath the waves. Know that if you find any of us celebrating along the oceans' edge, like Hana on South Dshinn in Tranquil Sea, or Kisu at Nipik’s Haven in Eastern Wastes, you are welcome to join us. I'd also encourage you to search the waters nearby for evidence of his generosity.

New Features for '20!
    • TLE servers
      • Kaladim – Beach celebrators and Clam Shells with gifts from Prexus!
    • Live servers
      • Clam Shell Game has 16 new items!
      • New Quests
        • Oceansfull of Good Food offered by Hana in Tranquil Sea
        • To Shell and Back offered by Kisu in Eastern Wastes
    Returning Features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Oceansfull Celebrators are found dancing, and setting off fireworks along the coast in 11 different zones.
    • Clam Shell Game - Players open clam shells found off shore in areas of the world where Oceansfull Celebrators are found to obtain prizes.
    • Quests
      • Shell or High Water offered by Binn in The Commonlands
      • Beach Party Brawl offered by Kippy in Greater Faydark
    • Collections
      • Sacraments of the Deep
    This event content is currently set to run 06/04/2020 at 12:01 AM PT until 06/17/2020 at 11:59 PM PT on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Would you consider increasing the spawns (or the respawn rate) on the shells in various spots, perchance? With the cooldown that is in place on looting, it would be more to allow more people to be going for shells at a time with less collisions.

Thanks for considering it, at least! :D
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could it be possible to add sparkles or something to the pigmy buckets? They disappear at a very close range and are hard to see. If you're using a third person view that is scrolled out very far, they appear after you pass them, even with a high quality.
    Here are 2 screenshots (extreme quality) showing the exact time when the bucket appears.
    Note the shadow of the bucket showing in the first image while the bucket is not visible yet.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Wonderful new items thank you! If possible could you increase the size of the Orange Coral Frond? On the non-quested items they resize and work as intended. Same with the appearance items and illusion.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Festival locs for the 2 new quests: Eastern Wastes : -1224, -540, 3368 ; Tranquil Sea : -1101, 24, 495

I don't suppose we could get a temporary workbench in Easter Wastes for "To Shell and Back"?
    Bring basic fuel with you btw.
    Necklaces seem a tad longer to craft than usual items, especially for a level 1 recipe. Could the progress needed be lowered a bit maybe? I fear that it'll be annoying for lowbie crafters.

Anyway, nice rewards for the quests, and nice they come by 2 or 3.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Agreed. The brown-on-brown of bucket vs the ground doesn't help, and this is taking my tired eyes quite a while to find buckets, much less find ones with anything in them :D
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For "To Shell and Back" there is no loot/harvest message when you collect the shells. You need to keep your harvest bag open so you can see what you got of which ones. Also, there's no ROI area marked for this quest, like there is for the Tranquil Sea quest.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, while the Colorful Othmir Shell recipe itself allows for mass production, it only updates as a single combine.

Could a clickie version of the necklace be added to the quest helper for the "Give out Oceansfull Shell Necklaces to othmir villagers" step of To Shell and Back, perchance?
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o my I totally forgot this is coming .
    for the Shell and Back try to put what you harvested on your hot bar that way you see if you got the same or something else.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Agree with adding sparkle to buckets please, definitely hard to see brown against brown,

And on the shells in EW there were patches of bright sand where the sparkles pretty much blended and vanished when you got close upm particularly the yellow particles on the orange shells. Maybe make the colour a deep orange or some other darker colour?
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just a fyi on the shells, they spawn on the whole othmir area of the beach (from the cave to the barricades, on the whole sandy part)
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I love , love ,love the new items
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I concur, they are truly awesome!

I put them all in my usual house (Oceansfull 2020, medium homes - Opera house portal in Qeynos under Leucosia)

[IMG]
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Niggly: "Diaku Row Boat" ... probably should be Rowboat, not two words :D
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There have been requests for the Aqueous Temptation to return (naughty Homeshow, ignored the recommendation to post here about it). Possibly put that into the table and remove the Oceansfull Adventurous Othmir Illusion?) While the illusion is great, much of it's long-term appeal was because you could fly with the illusion up, which you can no longer do /SadMum)

(And yes, folks have asked for a vendor, too, of course, because decorators can't let go of house items :D But that's another story)
  16. elflover Well-Known Member

Yes please!
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The shells needed for Kisu's quest, "To Shell and Back" or Prexus' Blessing Clam Shells, found in the waters?

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant the Prexus' Blessing Clam Shells. It gets kind of tight, especially on Live, to get any shells if more than 1 or 2 people are scrounging in a spot, and I ****loathe**** being driven to the hard-on-my-eyes GD beccause everywhere else is camped. :D
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Good news! I did add one, and it is not far from Kisu. It's just not your traditional bench, so you may have to look a little more for it.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

That fix is already on its way to Test, due to QA catching it. It just didn't make it in time for the event start on Test.

~ Kaitheel