How Tradeskill for the most part, has been ruined

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, May 13, 2020.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Here is how Tradeskill has been ruined:

1. Equating getting Expert recipe drops from overseers, by forcing you to participate in the overseer feature, in hopes you will hire all new mercs and pay to hire them anywhere, is blatantly obvious. Without the recipe drops, no one would bother much with overseers. **Not to mention, what exactly do overseers have to do with tradeskilling. How about we take adventure masters and tie them to tradeskilling? See how that goes over... (And I use the term "forcing" because if you want to craft, and you don't want to pay millions for each recipe, or don't have the plat to pay millions for these recipe books, then you just can't craft.)

2. You made only Adorners, Sage, Jewelers, Alchemists and Provisioners relevant. They are basically the only crafters that make something anyone wants. The armor and weapons are an utter embarrassment. There are no new totems, no new boxes, no new bags, you know, those little things crafters used to make that people could make a few plat off from.

3. Crafting wise, there have been no new totems since what level 90? No new bags or strong
    boxes since level 90 also. That is since February 2010, when the level cap was up to level 90. That was 10 years ago!!

4. The drop rate on the Tradeskill books, especially those level 17, 18, 19, and 20 are so
    damn ridiculous, it costs millions and millions to buy them off the broker. Mind you, you can buy them from the overseer guy, for 250 Rejected Agent Resumes, how long will that take to get?

5. Because of all this, there are only a handful of tradeskillers that can actually make plat because they have most or all their recipe books. (It sux to pay exorbitant amounts of plat to have someone else make your spells, when you are a sage)

6. Why isn't there any Tradeskill Missions, like there is Adventure Missions, where these books can and should drop in exquisite chests? Is it because if you take the tradeskill recipe books out of the overseer crates, no one would be buying mercs, paying for hire anywhere, or even bothering with this feature?

7. What is the reason for making Carpenters, Woodworkers, Armorers, Tailors, and Weaponsmiths, basically useless?

I am not complaining to see my own typing. I complain because Crafting was a HUGE part of this game for me, and I miss it, terribly. So many people I know, have one of each crafter. But now those characters sit idle (other than doing 3 daily harvest quests), collecting dust, because they are useless. It used to be that one of the reasons, no matter how many breaks I took from the game, how many other games I explored, Everquest II tradeskilling compared to no other, and I always came back. It is no longer that way.

Why don't you just merge all the crafters into one Universal Master Crafter, and make all the recipes usable by everyone. That way everyone will be able to participate.

K, I am done with my rant, you can trash me now....LOL!
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't know if its just me being totally burnt out on crafting, or if it really is so horrible the crafting line for BoL, I usually at least get my main 3 through the lines (crafting) but only got one through half of it and quit. I just can't bring myself to finish it. Seems long and drawn out. Sure some parts are okay, but I spent 19 hours on the mess and didn't get very far. I would rather even do the PoP one before this one. And that is pretty bad there. I didn't like the CD one either. That is where I stopped doing all my crafters and just went to the main 3. This was the first expansion that it was easier to level the adventure then the crafting, which I don't mind, but my crafters are not going to be moving up in levels anytime soon, or if I work on them, I would rather do it on a different expansion line, just saying. I am getting old and when I played EQ1 there was only one questline that was soo dang long and that was the epic weapon quest. I find it rediculous that we have 2 per year, sometimes 4 at least and the rewards are not always worth it. Flying. come on, I have been flying since lvl 20 adventure, for the last 8 years, and this is just stupid right there.
    Kheldar, chattie, KeelieJ and 3 others like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The crafting line isn't that bad, but there is no truely useful reward for doing it. Being unable to fly, especially on lower adventure level toons, can make the TS line a bit frustrating.
    The bigger issues is that there is almost nothing worth making.. and even for the classes that DO have something useful to make, the recipes are all locked behind RNG... for non-tradeskill related activities.
    The gear isn't even worth making to crush, since we can't get adorning or infuser bits from them.
  4. chattie Well-Known Member

Cant believe we had all those talks with Kandor and the hidden behind and mile high gate expert/shadoweded books that everyone was yammering for were not and to this date have not been addressed. This xpac is almost halfway over and I'm still looking for spell books to make my toons viable in a freaking solo zone. Really? I am not making adept spells never have never will I want expert spells like I've always been able to make for myself. I want them returned to me in the same condition they were before you yanked them from me.
    Kheldar, KeelieJ, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problems with crafting were brought up in beta and for months after the expac gets live. After that long of pointing out problems with no changes, even the most avid see the writing on the wall and get fatigued.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

The BoL crafting is horrible. They totally took what was once fun to do and made it a nightmare. It was bad enough when they doubled the rare's needed for expert spells but now they not only did that, they didn't even stick with the same rare's for the same class. To add insult to injury they put adept spells as advanced recipe books? Those needed to stay chest drops. Recipe books over lvl 115 are impossible to find and if you need them to make experts, forget it. And I know I am not the only one that is disgusted with what they did to crafters.
    Kheldar, Lateana, KeelieJ and 2 others like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I said the crafting LINE wasn't bad.
    I agree 100% that crafting got the twice over in back alley this expac. I was one of the testers that pointed it out many of the problems way back in beta.
    Kheldar, chattie, KeelieJ and 5 others like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think the shadow harvesting could have been a great idea if they had just implemented it in a different way. Like may some special armor or something you could have made with it. But the way they rolled out the spells and the recipe books were....well not so good.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I am now viewing everything in BoL through the lens of 'How can we make the small amount of content we have get through the year." It explains why expert spell books are so hard to get. It explains the infuser book being nearly impossible to acquire, after having to destroy countless copies in CD. If this is the price we have to pay in order for them to get their feet underneath them and to get a decent expansion next year I can live with it, even while not liking it. Heck, we're halfway through this one now. But if this becomes the new bar for what to expect in coming expansions, my time in Norrath may be coming to an end.
    Kheldar, Lateana, chattie and 3 others like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea and I still don't have my provisioner book, I think I half only about 1/2 of the other ones. I've came to the conclusion though it's ok because there isn't really anything to make from them anyhow. Although the completionist in me is having a bit of a fit.
    Kheldar, Lateana, chattie and 2 others like this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Someone else gave mine to me but I never saw a provisioner book, and I'm still missing the infusers too. I'm missing 4 advanced and 7 empyral/shadow books (would have a bit more if I hadn't funnel my alchemist book through Niami and Randiom first). Niami finally got the only full set for the whole server during the last double-overseer event. But it's really a sad thing to have to wait so long to get basic recipes :(
  12. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

yes the current syhstem if its worth to call it so isnt a good one not to say its one we hope never get something like this once again anytime.
    Its avoiding us from Progress and makes no sence. The basic stuff were Expert Spells / CAs for many years.
    Back to the normal stuff Advanced Books contain Experts and Grandmasters from GM Books in live Addon tier, same for Ancients and higher things.

Btw were is the Celestial Crafter Book for EPIC 2 abilitys and or Normal Spells / CAs if thier is no Celestial Monthly
    atm in BoL ???

Departing things which were fine togarther in the past of the game more than 15years ago is not a good thing.

Drop rate of Masters is curretly like nearly 5% and why we have Adepts in Heroic or Raid Chests sometimes, sorry heroic and Challange or Raid should contain only masters or higher.

Helfiren
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I have my provy book and finally got the infuser book on an alt doing a PQ in Blinding last week. That said, say what you want, but TSing in this game is virtually dead. The fact that some of the problems outlined above are still existing 8 months after launch speaks volumes about where this game will land. I can't tell you how many people are already searching for somewhere else to go and other MMOs are being actively discussed in guild/raid chat, which is something I've not seen in the last few years. It does not bode well.
    Granted, this last round of rewards coming out of doing POIs and quests helped a little, but I'm seeing people saying when their sub ends, they're gone. They're fed up. And the podcasts haven't been particularly encouraging. No disrespect, but I could less how Kander pronounces his last name, any more than he cares about pronouncing mine. Seriously consider focusing on dealing with some of these issues. It's not over, but I think people are seriously questioning whether DPG has the will or skill to turn it around. I'm hopeful, but the longer these problems exist is not a positive sign.
    Kheldar, chattie, KeelieJ and 3 others like this.
  14. KeelieJ New Member

I loved some of the things that in the Luclin expansion, BUT the handling of the the trade skill books is so poor. Now lets mention the items in those books. They are horrible on stats including the master craft. The drops on solo quests are a complete joke. I love adventuring and crafting equally but the rewards you have is a farce. I was disappointed with the fact I was able to get my toons from 110 to 120 with just a few quests. Where was the challenge? The expansion Corral was also a complete joke. To get any decent drops you need to raid or pay millions. Even then they are so so in stats.
    I have been with eq2 since the second day of release, with a break of a few months here and there. I am seriously starting to look around for another MMO that gives it's players rewards that they will play for and not garbage that is worse than what you got for free in the chests.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Zell Member

i did the BoL line on a adventure lvl 55 swash it was rough. but it lets me fly in BoL zones without needing 110 for the adventure line. after which i find out that the best crafted gear requires uncommon lunar material which requires transmuting and salvaging master crafted items. im an armorsmith so basically i now need to 120 a tailor for this as the root rares are 1 guaranteed per node however like always the ore is you get 10 per 800 normal material.and thats at 29.5% rare harvest, 102% bountiful harvest, and 1195 harvesting skills. its pitiful it brings me back to the days of needing hilts made by a tailor to make a sword. also this is for items that are less then solo quested items. so i feel ripped off in some way. what was the point in me doing any of this, yea i enjoyed the questing part very much as that's what i enjoy out of this game. The end reward to all this should be i can craft nice items that sell to make plat but no. so im going back to adventuring quests now as my whole TS side of my character is on strike till they fix this mess.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The wearable MC fabled gear isn't worth making... it is, at best, a side-grade for the adventure sig line gear... despite requiring over 100 rares just to make the MC gear to crush for 'fuel'...
    Kheldar and Soara2 like this.
  17. Zell Member

aye i read that somewhere else on the forum, kinda what i was ranting about. honestly it should be on par with heroics and not the sig line rewarded gear. you know in EQ1 crafting is actually important because you need it to make the container to make the best normal items a player can get.

i think the real issue they are having with it is how easy it would just be for anyone to mad harvest the rares like anyone can do now. the simplest solution to that would have been a instance harvested only, with said instance having a lockout timer that is a 24 hour wait. simply put 3-5 nodes in the last area of the instance that can only be gotten to once the instance was cleared and do not re spawn till the instance is reset.this would limit the amount as well as make people work for the it.

that would actually in fact increase the number of sales on those instance reset thingy they sell in the DC store.
    Lateana and Soara2 like this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Harvesting should never, ever be locked behind adventuring.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I was one of those on beta and had great hopes that with all the post about some of this, it would be fixed. I won't make that mistake again.
  20. Zell Member

i never said adventure instance of course it will be a tradeskill instance
    Lateana and Soara2 like this.