Outside of raiding luclin has no content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, May 12, 2020.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

People have been hungry for content outside of raiding. Personally I have now completed the meta collection on two seperate characters and its more and more obvious to me that this game is extremely top heavy, as in, raiding is pretty much all you can do, especially in Luclin where tradeskilling is completely busted. I feel like its been this way for many for months already. Login to do overseers, click house plant and click pony and then logout.

I also personally hope the rumours of this years summer event is not just a a daily overseer quest. In my eyes, overseers sucks and isnt everquest content.

So in all fairness my questions are:

When can we expect an update with non raid content that last for more than a week? And will the next expansion do a better job of giving people something to do outside of raid nights?
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Overseers are the most exciting things outside raiding ;)
    Dude likes this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Imho we need another Kael, but perhaps with more quests and difficulty levels within it Maybe fabled Skyshrine?
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Have none of you tried the famed "Diaku Corral?" haha.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Seriously? It's 6 bosses, it's done in an hour with a weak group. I'm talking another Kael, loads of bosses, quests, collections, tough trash and contested raid stuff. It was great, and they bodged it together with next to no resources, if rumours are to be believed.
    Edited to say, it's done in an hour with a weak group, and then locked out for 5 days.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Take a deep breath and relax. Clearly you missed the humor in the comment even though there's "ha, ha" at the end. And you can forget about another Kael even though it would be nice. They're too busy trying to still clean up the mess that was the BoL launch and it's six months later.
  7. dorotea Well-Known Member

If anything there is considerably less incentive now to do anything in the BoL landscape areas. Between overseer rewards and Diaku Corral (which gives account-wide gear unlocks) is it even worth bothering with the 15 "click a landscape feature" quests and the 24 "click a mob drop" quests. Or the collections other than for the sake of doing them.

I certainly don't object to them adding new content with better rewards - but since the existing content was ...not extensive …. to begin with perhaps rewards should be upgraded to make it more worth repeating.
  8. PurpleChicken Active Member

9. Seth Well-Known Member

have to admit though, im interested to see what the next expansion will look like..... Lol
    Raff likes this.
  10. dorotea Well-Known Member

They still oddly have time to break beloved fun items, though. I mean...that's important, right? <

I shrink from even guessing at what you are referring to.
    Argosunited, Feldon, Quillyne and 3 others like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Overseers in no way replace quests, and in no universe are they even remotely "quest-like". Heck, we could be doing the overseers from our cell phones. It's not even as engaging as LON. Yes, I send out Overseers, but that's only because its extra infusers.

There are dozens of peer-reviewed studies out there on why gamers game. Quests and cool gear are big reasons. Quests especially, because that quest completion increases dopamine in your brain.

Not even raiding is really giving cool gear, though. It's all the same art, the stats are pretty much the same, there's no interesting effect or proc, etc.

It would be far better to release every 18 to 24 months and include plenty of quests and lore than what we have now. I mean, I love EQ2, and I'm so bored I'm starting to try other MMORPGs again for the first time since the DDoS attack of doom.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more, Sig.
    Spindle, Melkior, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  13. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

This. I miss unique, cool items you would really want.
    Smashey, Observing, CSP84 and 3 others like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

I will third that. I even said when doing Beta it seemed the quest were really light, I guess I was just hoping maybe I had missed some.
    SynergyBlaize, Argosunited and Dude like this.
  15. dorotea Well-Known Member

I agree too. Thinking back to the early days of MMOs I remember doing difficult and time consuming things with enthusiasm if they gave something that looked special. Or provided some special effect. Somehow the chance to upgrade a piece of gear by 5 points of resolve doesn't quite bring the same enthusiasm.
  16. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I always thought the EQ2 team could learn a thing or two from the LOTRO team. I thought that their teams were both similar in size, yet LOTRO's updates and expansions are far more expansive. It could have to do with the fact that EQ2's team is not solely dedicated to EQ2.
    Kheldar, Warlyx and Snikkety like this.
  17. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

And another evening ruined by the raid lag on HoF. So in principal, there is no content because seru is such a tight dps check without a couple of p2w t1 dps.

Thanks.
    Feldon and Kheldar like this.
  18. Jamzez Active Member

The company should be ashamed of even calling BOL a expansion, I find it ironic that the most income the company will take in is from TLP server's from a game that was released in 1999 hence most of the developer's didn't work on it.
    Kheldar likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Raid lag last night in Wracklands on Maj'dul was a game changer and the worst I've seen it. 8 second lag between casting a spell and watching it go off. I don't know what is going on, but I'm reminded of the opening for a Mission:Impossible scenario. Something along the line of: "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to fix the lag that prevents zoning, raiding, and even logging into the game. If you choose to ignore it, this game will self-destruct in 5 months." A bit tongue-in-cheek, but the problem is real. This game is getting damn near unplayable. PQs are suffering from lag. Log-in takes upwards of 2 minutes. Camping to another toon can result in the toss-back to character log-in repeatedly.
    PurpleChicken, Breanna and Mermut like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We had bad button lag in Seru and Fordel Midst last night as well on Maj'Dul. When we were forming up in Seru, there were a couple of raid forces standing there, but you'd expect that a raid instance could handle less than ten concurrent raids, wouldn't you?
    Spindle, Bhayar, Feldon and 1 other person like this.