Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hmm. She's in a new position. She's trying to manage game development with not enough staff, and with COVID19 social distancing issues, meaning a lot of folks are probably working from home. I can't imagine why she should be short on time! /sarcasm off
    Cyrrena, Cassta, Whilhelmina and 2 others like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

To be fair, Longdale never returned to any of her posts either.
    Dude, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how long it would of taken to thank her customers for the warm welcome, but ok.
    Tkia, Dude, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

You can turn it off? :D Girl, you leave that sarcasm on! It is part of what makes you so loveable! :p
    Jadefox2, Spindle, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Oh hi Jennifer. May I suggest you visit the bug forum and action some of the fixes? If not you, maybe someone else that works there.
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're being facetious or you are serious?

1) She didn't write that post, may not have even read it. (Maybe had it read to her)
    2) She's likely never been to the forums.
    3) It's very likely she'll never come to the forums.
    4) She's has staff that deal with the forums.
    5) This is her job not her passion.
    Cassta and Argosunited like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

5 false statements in one post! You won the EverQuests!
  8. dorotea Well-Known Member

Five untrue statements in a post would hardly even qualify as an also-ran in a MMO forum. And the bottom two are at least partially true.
    Cassta and Kittik like this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Ttobey actually knows her better than we do!
    Cyrrena, Cassta, Jinksie and 2 others like this.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

Until you are the boss, your job is to cover for the boss. Of course he has to say this. I don't blame him for having to defend her, but I also don't believe him. We have no reason to other than ONE (1) post from JChan which was a PR statement after Holly left.

I have nothing against TT or JChan but I don't for a moment believe she's cares much at all what's going on, on these forums. And would be extremely surprised if a CEO of a company actually wrote and posted her own PR statement.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

I mean Ttobey doesn't have to be here, and is the only company personal sans Dreamweaver who regularly interacts on the forum. If anyone was sanctioned to respond to someone saying *potentially* untrue things about the company, it'd probably be the community relations person, no? Some really odd assumptions being made by you here.
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I don't believe for a minute she wrote it. Plus if she did write it, and if she cared, she would of revisited the thread and thanked people for their welcome, wouldn't she?
    For the people saying oh she's too busy for that, yeah I can understand why her customers wouldn't be a priority considering her job relies on customer satisfaction. Oh wait, no I can't.

The game has become a boring bug fest. Let's hope someone cares enough to fix it and in the process starts being a bit more honest and transparent with us, the CUSTOMER.
    Dude, Whilhelmina and Ratala like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Does this mean he zooms to the top of the list?
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Please do not suggest, imply, or infer that Ttobey is lying to cover anybody, he has scruples and would not do that. He did not have to come into this thread to defend anybody, so keep your inferences on his character to yourself!
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Wow Cyrrena you shut them up good no posts on this thread for 8 days .

People on this thread don't know about " THE LIST " well most don't .
    Cyrrena, Bludd and Breanna like this.
  17. JChan Developer

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and your constructive comments that you posted in this thread. Looking though my post history (with an avg. of .92 posts a year) you can clearly see that I'm more of a lurker when it comes to forums (and social media in general).

I wanted to look at the forums from a more holistic view before I posted again. As a formerly very active crafter, I share in your concerns with the issues with tradeskills in the last expansion and have been discussing with the team what we can do to address things. While unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you at this time, let me say it's not a thing that has been forgotten. (We did restore the harvest levels back in March.)

Regarding improving our transparency and communication, we have started a semi-regular podcast with our Creative Director, Kander and our Community Manager, Dreamweaver where they discuss various questions that you, the players, have submitted. In case you missed it, here it is in all it's casting goodness: https://anchor.fm/kanderscandor/. (Also, shout out to Mercychalice for transcribing these for us.)

On the topic of quality, we regularly review the Bug Reports (everquest2.com/bugs) and the testing feedback threads (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?forums/testing-feedback.349/) so please keep those topics there. Reminder, the top voted issues on the Bug Reports thread will help us more easily see issues that are impacting you the most.

In the next few weeks I hope to be able to speak more on our future plans. Thank you again and in the spirit of Fippy, never give up!
    Cyrrena, Jinksie, Sigrdrifa and 5 others like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you JChan
    I agree I have seen this before , people complaining and saying the " Devs " don't care , I mean I been thinking that here and there myself , but often enough things were fixed sooner or later .
    And I think that there is a lot more openness now too .
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

I do enjoy the podcast, although there are times when I totally disagree with Kander. Especially the time he was talking about us not really liking quest. That is what this game is all about, that's how it got its name. I do not see the overseer's replacing quest at all that is not a quest! It's a little lottery side game like the gambling goblin, only they give us rewards more than he does.
    Cyrrena, Dude, Zylara and 3 others like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I agree Breanna what do you mean we don't like quests , we love them I hate to just go out and simply kill without a reason ,
    has he not read about people not liking to grind ? Yes , we don't like to repeat the same quest over and over , we play this game to be entertained , it's no fun to run around in a hamster wheel . What we want is quests we can sink our teeth in to ,
    those that are fun and witty , those we like to actually read .
    People want quests to solo and some for groups and even some for raids .
    To focus ony on what one section of the game population wants , is not a good idea .
    We love this game , because it used to make so many different people happy , there was always something to do , sometimes to much .
    That's what divides some people on those TLE servers , some think we don't have enough time to go through each expansion , those are the one's that like to do it all , and the one's that get bored after only a short time , those are the ones that mostly enjoy things like raiding , getting your best gear so you can take on more challenging targets.
    Everquest is good , because there are hidden quests and treasures and I love the humor that used to go in to it , the charm
    and the complexity . I mean I have complained about quests going on and on , but breaking up quest lines with rewards in between goes a long way .
    I like quests , because they give you things to puzzle out , make you think , and because you get rewards and more xp .

I have played other games , that were nice to look at but with little variety , I mean they have crafting and housing , and seasonal events but nothing like in Everquest . And in this last expansion we somehow lost
    some of that allure.
    Cyrrena, Dude, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.