Not even upset anymore

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lasai, May 1, 2020.

1. Lasai Well-Known Member

The more I discover about BoL tradeskilling the more farcical it becomes.

I can't find who makes MC shields. Not my Armorsmith. My WS now makes bucklers and symbols. I should not care, TBH for the first time since 2005 MC gear isn't good enough for any playstyle.

The MC items I have made are appropriately tagged no value. It's true. I just deleted a set of MC plate because it was appalling compared to the free set, my SK going from 65k heath to 44k and losing stats overall. Really?

Status buff. OO rush writs.. "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM". The sheer joy of taking a 101 "low level" crafter to the Bog and getting utterly destroyed time after time on random update nodes! Wheeee!

"Sorry Noob, you have to harvest this stuff to make the thing." Um, I've been harvesting the whole time I'm running around on foot, my bags are full of that stuff. "SHUT UP. We don't CARE. Do as you are told, Noob. Nothing has to make sense, OK!!"

I cannot begin to list all that has gone so horribly wrong this time. It's Laughable, and so, I'm laughing.

My playstyle of 15 years is dead, revived, and then stomped into a stain on the pavement for good measure. I am getting through the Sig lines, but not from crafting effort... but from a Welfare gear box. Doesn't mean much.

Well Played, Fippy Darkpaw, well played.
    Rosyposy, Kheldar, AOE1 and 15 others like this.
  2. Lasai Well-Known Member

Can't edit, to be clear 65m health to 44m on my SK, level 115 MC.
    chattie likes this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

The positive side of this post is that Feldon liked it, that means there is still hope.
    Spindle and chattie like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

The only usage for MC gears and weapons is the production of uncommon lunar material (salvage or transmutung MC items)
    It's not woth wearing it
    AOE1, chattie and Lateana like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yep. I cringed when I saw they deleted it versus salvaged it. A lot of people don't know that's where the uncommon lunar material come from. Especially since historically No-value items weren't salvageable or transmutable.
    Whilhelmina and chattie like this.
  6. Lasai Well-Known Member

I didn't care..
    chattie, Dude and Quillyne like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

I totally get it. They've talked a lot about how they just didn't have time to get that right this year. That doesn't really make sense as an answer, since all they would have had to do, and still could do, is adjust the resolve and stats. I just meant that even though it's no good as gear, if you already made it, you might as well have salvaged something from it. Either to sell or to use. But I understand the frustration without a doubt.
    Whilhelmina, Qeen and Juraiya like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ironically they DID make an adjustment to resolve between beta and live.. the REDUCED the resolve on the MC fabled...
  9. chattie Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the above
  10. Observing Active Member

And of what use is uncommon lunar material other than making the next tier of useless gear?
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

Making Mount gear. Even that though is a lot of work for very slight upgrades.
    Observing, Mermut and parissa like this.
  12. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Why is there mount and Merc gear honestly.
    Loves likes this.
  13. parissa Well-Known Member

Thank you I didn't know this about the mount and merc gear... I just got around to the crafting lines and had no clue about the lunar material... I would've been running circles... So once again, thank you for throwing that out there...
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

We never had such a thing as 'uncommon lunar material' or the call for fuel from such. It is no wonder nobody knew that this was even needed for a long time OR what it was even used for. Just another idiot idea in my opinion.
    Loves likes this.
  15. Zell Member

nobody knew this probably because the gear its used to make is utter junk.