Fixed Internally Nasty Old Bug Back, one account not recognized

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by redwoodtreesprite, Apr 26, 2020.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

When MajDul went down today, my second main account also went down, and is no longer recognized by launcher or logging in without launcher. This happened a while back before. That account was the first to stop being recognized, then gradually my other accounts also were not recognized. It was like something deteriorating. This was also happening to many many other players as well.

Edit: Just tried logging in to my account page. Same like before, that dreaded red bar message: "Invalid Credentials"
  2. Brushfire New Member

Same problem here, I can log in with a free account, but get invalid credentials for a premium account.
    Contessua, Hypnonaughty and Beth25 like this.
  3. RednekSinz New Member

oh no ... they broke the server
    Contessua and Hypnonaughty like this.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Contessua, Hypnonaughty and Beth25 like this.
  5. Leasha Member

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I can't log into my account at all, even the account management page, which doesn't seem related to Maj'Dul server.
  6. Katzandra2 New Member

I had to make a free account to report the issues with my 2 paid accounts.
    I started having issues early this morning when I logged in to check overseers. I could not access account management or the forums until I created the new account. My issues started hours before they took down Maj'dul. I was hoping the server downtime was to address the issues. But my accounts are still broken.
  7. Katzandra2 New Member

Soo.... how long did it take to fix this last time?
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

It took over 2 weeks for me. :(
  9. Leasha Member

Wow!! Over 2 weeks of being unable to login or play the game? That's ridiculous for some of us who only have 1 account! :mad:
  10. Katzandra2 New Member

EEPS.... And Leasha -- BOTH of my paid accounts are impacted... and only one toon of my many alts groups and raids... or did.....
  11. Katzandra2 New Member

And this from Customer Support:

Hi,
    You have submitted a ticket outside of our regular hours.
    We do not currently offer evening or weekend support for this service.
    Don't worry, we're still going to help you--your ticket has been placed in our queue and will be addressed as soon as possible.
    (Please remember that all tickets are responded to in the order received.)
    Thank you, and keep being awesome!

Being awesome never felt so.... hollow.
  12. Leasha Member

Yup, I just got the same message. Guess it's time to start looking for another game to play.
  13. Katzandra2 New Member

Dang I hope they get it fixed before the weekly overseer quest needs to be completed and restarted!
    Contessua likes this.
  14. Banana Tree Member

Another hour and still not working and nothing from DBG...
    Contessua likes this.
  15. Katzandra2 New Member

Hopefully I am wrong, but I think our accounts are toast until "working hours" resume after the weekend.
    Contessua likes this.
  16. Banana Tree Member

That would be perfect- today is raid day and double mission rewards.
    If this prevents people from finishing raid weekly quest there will be a lot of angry players*!

*not sure if you can technically call us players when we can't play.
    Contessua likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I messaged Dreamweaver to let him know to check this thread.

In the meantime, in your EQ2 installation folder, there should be a folder called /logincache-us or /logincache-eu. you might try deleting the folder's contents, then see if you can get back in. If the file got borked when the server crashed, this will force the game to regenerate it.

There's not really enough info here to fully diagnose the problem. Can you tell us, step by step, exactly what you see happening?

(1) Click the EQ2 icon to start the game.
    (2) Then what happens?
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Leasha Member

Thanks for your help, Sigrdrifa. I've deleted the contents of my "logincache-us" folder as you suggested but it didn't help. For me, I'm not even getting into my account at all. Here are my steps I'm taking:

1) Deleted all files in "logincache-us".
    2) Click EQ2 executable.
    3) Enter Daybreak User and Daybreak Password.
    4) The following red message appears: There was an error completing your request. Please try again.
    5) Click on "Forgot your Password?"
    6) Entered Daybreak Username when prompted on the "Forgot Daybreak Password?" page.
    7) The following message appears: It looks like you are having problems with Username / Password, you will need to contact customer support for assistance or try again later.

Earlier today, I was able to use my two-factor authentication to reset my password. But each time, the new password would give me the same "invalid credentials" error message. Now I can't even reset my password at all anymore because it either gives me the error message from Step 7 above, or doesn't recognize the phone number for authentication.
    Breanna and Contessua like this.
  19. Razah New Member

I am experiencing the same issue. So frusterating :(
    Contessua likes this.
  20. Razah New Member

Able to log in on secondary account on website and game. Patcher is telling me "There was an error completing your request. Please try again" after attempting to log in. Website tells me invalid credentials. Reset my password, same issues.
    Contessua likes this.