Its almost that time again...SPRING ROAD TRIP 2020 Itinerary

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Didn't think we were due in the British Isles until later... ;->

Sorry, that was mean, but as a person of Welsh ancestry and a marine biologist, it's "whales." ;-> Actually, for people from the Scandinavian countries, it's probably still "hval" or something similar; I think it's related to "wheel," describing the motion they often do in the water when they seem to roll, nose tip to flukes (could also be an inspiration for stories about "sea serpents," if you see a bunch of them doing that in a line), which is where the English got the term...and of course, just had to juxtapose the letters (fun fact: big-winged insects were originally called "flutter-byes," which makes more sense than "butterflies"). ;->

Uwk
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Well it looks like you said her name and she appeared. Just don't look in the mirror and say it three times.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Beatlejuice B am Cyrrena , Cyrrena , Cyrrena :):D ahh there you are ;) hugs her friend.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

here is a " short " list of Caribbean destinations

Puerto Rico
    British Virgin Islands
    Monserrat grin ( monster rat )
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Dominica
    St Lucia ( one of the most beautiful Islands
    Barbados
    Grenada
    Trinidad and Tobago ( one of the richest island nations in the Caribbean )
    Caracas ( Venezuela)
    Curacao
    Aruba ( the windy island )
    Dominican Republic
    Haiti
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Cuba
    Jamaica
    Cayman Islands
    the Bahamas
    Bermuda
    Cyrrena, Balcerak, Leloes and 2 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Cyrrena, Cyrrena, Cyrrena, Cyrrena...

"Cyrrena, I just met a girl named Cyrrena..."

(with apologies to everyone involved with West Side Story ;->)

You realize, Tobe, all that does is activate one of our portals. ;->

Uwk
  6. Balcerak Well-Known Member

St. Croix, St. Johns, St. Thomas too.
    Guiana Space Centre would be cool.
    Maybe Kennedy/Canaveral as well.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I only posted the island nations or groups so those islands you named are part of such a group.
    we will figure out as we go where people want to go in particular .
    yes I missed US Virgin Islands.
    St Croix , St Thomas , At John and Water Island and some 50 smaller islets and cays .
    and some of the Virgin Islands belong to Puerto Rico
    the British Virgin Islands are
    Tortola , Anegada , Virgin Gorsa , and Jost Van **** and 50 again some 50 smaller islands and cays.
    This islands are a British oversea territory , and as such it's culture is a mix of European , Caribbean and African
    facets .
    The Cayman Islands are a group of 3 islands .
    and the Bahamas is comprised of 700 islands and over 2000 rocks and cays sprinkled over 100000 square miles of ocean
    And because we can expand time we can totally make some more detours to the main land .
    Cyrrena, Leloes, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  8. GeroSam New Member

Old Gero has been to Bermuda, but I didn't see any namesake shorts in use.

Hopefuly we get power back in a day or so and I can get back on line. On.my cell.

Later.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Leloes and 2 others like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got electricity back a few minutes after midnight. Around 15 hours without.

Any who, the guys I knew who worked in the boiler rooms, for steam making to propel the steam turbines which turn the propellors, told me they when we entered the Gulf Stream as the water temperature pulled out of the ocean would climb upwards.

Yes, GeroSam is another of my accounts.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! I was wondering; someone was taking your name in vain! :eek:

But if it's you, that's fine. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, dear...had to check, since I was curious as to why the auto-censor went after poor Schmett. Turns out it's Jost Van "the earthen dam kind of thing they use in Holland to hold back sea water," which is why it got bleeped out. You know, the one in the story where a brave little kid sticks his finger in a hole in the earthen dam that's leaking, so everyone can evacuate in time, but he wound up drowning, or losing the finger, or something; it was probably a Hans Christian Andersen story, it sounds depressing enough. :-/

Probably that island was named by the Dutch in the first place, hence the "van" ("of" or "from" in Dutch, if memory serves) and the rest, which has various spellings, apparently. ;->

Uwk
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

shish just took the names of the internet , who could know that somebody thinks that's derogatory or I don't know what ?
    I have to say poor people living on that island if their name was bad . Why do people turn innocent names into something horrid , I just don't get it .
    I remember playing a game where you could not even say banana or cave , you know some people take it to far .
    If this is to protect children , they need to be already rotten to even understand the meanings that so called adults
    give those names or things or places , and for such " children " it's already to late .
    And sorry but Anika , but your last name is now Van .... tell your father and mother to change their name to Dam.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Geroblue and 4 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen to that! I was talking away in the Chat Channel way back when I had the obscenity filter turned on, and I couldn't talk about the actor who played Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, since apparently, "depp" is a naughty word, and was starred out... :-/

Never did figure that one out. /shrug

Uwk
  14. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Imagine if your name was Dick Van ****!
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea or Anika Van D y k e.
    And yes this Islands were acquired by Britain from the Dutch.

Or if you look dy ke in a dictionary , it means an embankment used to prevent floods.
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

US virgin islands has some great buys on duty free stuff, so that's why I wanted to go there :)
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Aren't we all supposed to be adults? I mean.....why all this ridiculous censoring? The only way to get certain words to show up is to separate each letter as it is spelt out! SHEEEESH! I'm sorry but I think that is being overly sensitive!
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well there are little children playing in this game I met this really cute little guy on Nagafen , he was quite the gentleman
    and was only 7 years old back than , he told me how to best get those Qs when they don't pay attention and he tried to protect me when we got attacked , but children that young don't have a clue what words can get turned into by a twisted mind

I once played a dwarf and once I asked for a group saying " little bearded Lady asking for help with . . . "
    somebody promptly reported me for using bad language .
    Shish my toon was little , I am a lady and I had a beard.
    And yes Balkerak we always like to go shopping on our trips we even have a void pocket with refrigerator to
    store our shopping loot.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

I think most children aren't as stupid about words as some adults seem to be.:rolleyes:
  20. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Most kids wouldn't pay any attention, unless attention was pointed out to them. But, we live in a new age where anything could possibly upset someone and thus needs to be censored. And it isn't just the kids....

Mostly I want to buy rum in the Carribean islands. On a cruise ship I was limited to 3 bottles, so this will be better. I did think it was interesting that our limit to bring back to the contiguous states was $500 per person. We had about $5000 between me and my wife (mostly jewelry and a watch we won on the ship). No duty was charged. Hmm....