Fixed Internally Overseer Charged Quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Soraia, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Thatdarncat Active Member

This is the same for me. I bought and installed several quests from the vendor. I forget how many but it was probably four or five. I had more but it started to give me the "too many charged quests" message. I was able to complete the ones I'd installed successfully but then all but one of them, and the Weekly, which has yet to finish, vanished. I can now only do one charged quest.

I'm not bothered. It will get sorted out in due course, I'm sure. Although, saying that, Familiars Wild is still bugged on some of my characters years later...
  2. isest Active Member

also getting the message of you have too many charged quest, it is an issue. stuck with the 3 overseer season 2 quests, would like to be able to run the level 1 quests as they had much better rewards, and were do we get overseers at, all i get are non stated overseers and one of those quest unpredictable or shrewd and I got nothing in overseers that mach either of those 2 skills
    Bludd and Kittybock like this.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I do not know why, but for me only 10 charged quests are working. I have much more Season 1 quests, but only 10 quests that I purchased on the day one are working, the other quest do not work.

The solution: Buy all quests and use all quests. Most likely 10 quests will be accepted. The rest not.
    Repeat as often as you like.
  4. ramblinrod Member

A lot of folks seem to bemoan just having the two default new Season 2 quests. They are indeed the lowest tier, but just like S1, they can reward new S2 quests, each often (and eventually definitely) of higher tier than the last. I've gotten several Legendary and even a Fabled S2 quest. So over time you'll work your way back up to a large stock of S2 quests to choose from.

We're for sure in a better position than we were at the start of S1, because now not only can we run those new S2 quests, we can also run our choice of (x number of, (at least when the system's working right,)) any S1 quests they had before -- and can still win new S1 quests, too. Because there's no run limit, you can now complete more than the 10 a day S1 quests than you could before.

As well, and perhaps most important, any gear returned from even the basest S2 quests is all L120, and has a minimum 160 resolve, the vast majority 165+. I've gotten a 185 resolve chest. So, hang in there, you'll eventually see good loot.
  5. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on the good loot, so far I've only received one more quest (blue) and 2 trash agents. But then again my RNG sucks.
  6. ramblinrod Member

Hey, those so called, "trash agents," are worth a whole 1/250th ea. towards a recipe book from overseer loot vendor! :rolleyes:

But seriously, that's currently at least 8k plat if you buy the right book and sell it on broker (2 million / 250). Of course, by the time you get 250 of them, they'll be worth beans unless they revamp the vendor wares/costs. Hah.
    Jaeded likes this.
  7. Catin of Runnyeye Member

I don't want S2 quests. I want the S1 quests I worked hard to obtain. Not have them taken away because of a misleading "tutorial" that said I could have them back for free but failed to mention that I could only have some and I need to select them carefully because that was all I was getting!
    Whilhelmina and Argosunited like this.
  8. Catin of Runnyeye Member

I need to qualify that last post
    "but failed to mention that I could only have some and I need to select them carefully because that was all I was getting!"
    I was only going to be able to do the first 10 missions selected and I would not be able to change them.
    On the plus side I can do them ad nauseam.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

All my charged quests have disappeared, and I'm unable to do or add more.
    What a shambles, but an expected one.
    Tyger likes this.
  10. Catin of Runnyeye Member

You can reclaim the charged quest you did, just not add new ones.
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

You should be able to add or remove whatever overseer quests you want. I dont get what this change was for the quests are the same as before anyway 2nd season whatever that means are the same as what was in my list previous to this stupid change but now Im stuck with the crap quests out of the ones I used to have and less than 10 a day because I guess I chose wrong or something.

I also cannot remove this level 10 overseer pack crate from my inventory I wound up with this extra one that I was forced to claim and its NO DESTROY.

I just cant fathom why you want to break something that was working properly(finally), what is the test server for?
    Tyger likes this.
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

New irritation. I was able to use 4 charged overseer quests, until I got some of the new blue ones. Now I can only use 2. Seems like it's actually a bad thing to get any of the new blue ones, as they seem to count as charged ones in this buggy count.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

How exactly do I do that? Do I honestly have to buy all the quests again, and just keep clicking until one adds?
    What an absolute garbage system this is.
  14. Asterix Developer

Clarifications:
    • You can have 10 charged quests at a time
    • The weekly quest does count as one
    • Charged quests with charges on them or 0 charge ones on cooldown will count as one each
    • When the cooldown ends on a 0 charge quest, it will be removed from the list and you can select another quest
    • Each charged quest may have up to 10 charges
    • Currently there is no way for players to remove charges by themselves, other than completing the quest
    • As you get further into season 2 you can expect to reach about the same amount of quests as season 1 and in addition you have the 10 slots for charged quests from the previous season(s)
    • We will continue to evaluate the system and will make adjustments to the amounts if deemed necessary
    Observing, Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  15. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification Asterix. Can you please confirm that the issue with being stuck with the first 10 quests selected is being addressed?
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

thank you but we still have issues
    i have only 3 visible quests now and they are 2 from season 2 and 1 weekly
    when i try to add a new charged quest i get a red message in chat saying i cant add more charged quests

so there is a bug here, the charged quests are not being removed fully even though i cant see them
    Argosunited likes this.
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I have not been able to add more 'charged' quests since day one of adding them. I was able to do each 'charged' quest ONCE.
    I can no longer add quests, trying to do so results in an error.
    It is not working.
    Tyger likes this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

19. Asterix Developer

The next patch that is going out next week will have a fix for that problem, we have already verified the fix to be working internally and it will also be pushed to the test server on Friday.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Man Argos, @Dreamweaver has gotta LOVE how organized your bags are behind the overseer screen!! Is that alphabetical, or by item? :p
    Breanna likes this.