aggro on necro

Discussion in 'Mages' started by woolfman3000, Apr 20, 2020.

1. woolfman3000 Member

Heys i've been having problems with aggro im using grisly protection as i have always done and i am pulling aggro even if i have amends on me , are necros now using howl of the damned instead to stop this even though i believe this causes a loss of dps ?
  2. Twofeets Active Member

We have a necro with the same issues. My pally has no problems holding aggro off other classes, but our necro pulls aggro even if amends is on him. Master amends, Sigil of Heroism running, and the necro still pulls aggro even though his parse is no where near the highest (the character pulls aggro, not the pet).
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Is your pet in a defensive stance? That adds aggro. Put it in offensive.
  4. Twisty Well-Known Member

this is incorrect advice.

with the switch to scout pet, pets now have their own hate tables, unlike epic pets. so defensive stance only adds hate to pet. there are AAs to help with siphoning aggro from pet to owner. playing with scout pet takes some getting used to for new necros that only know epic pet, or old necros with shoddy memories.

necros don't have a problem with hate right now, it's a person problem, not necro problem. would need video clip from the necro to help you solve the mystery intelligently. what game content is it happening on? PQs? Raid? most likely guess off the cuff without any evidence is that necro's pet steals aggro and dies instantaneously without anyone noticing, at which point it makes sense that necro has the aggro next.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  5. Twofeets Active Member

So the scout pet is now superior to the epic pet?
  6. woolfman3000 Member

ok its in groups pqs and raid and no the pet is not dieing have changed stance to offensive seems to have solved it but i will try out the scout pet to see if any better
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

Yesterday I grouped with necro who was doing like 5 billion DPS in group but I was doing anywhere from 20 billion onward and lost agro to the necro pet.

Later on I grouped with another necro who was pulling in like 30+ billion to my 20 billion but I did not loose agro.

I don't believe its necro class issue but the person playing the necro issue. :)
  8. woolfman3000 Member

its not the pet getting aggro its me for some reason even with -46 hate and no way should i be pulling aggro with amends on
  9. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

With the gu changes to summoner pets, yes.. scout is now the superior pet once again
  10. Occam Well-Known Member

I was having this same problem, until I finally figured out my scout "friend" was secretly giving his hate to me instead of the tank. He was thoroughly amused with himself and had a great time watching me try to figure out wtf I was doing wrong. :rolleyes:
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  11. Suraklin Member

Anyone else Scout pet say it's Undead Knight when they summon it?
  12. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

From what I've been told it's a bug that's been there since beta.. cuz reasons :rolleyes:
    Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

At least for the conjurer the shout of the defensive heaven (aggro component of defensive buff) makes huge aggro. It's no use to use the defensive petcaster buff for a long time.

Think with necros i's the same thing ;)
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  14. Twisty Well-Known Member

unless, that is, you use the lvl14 one... and regardless, threat goes to pet, not caster
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

With out actual potency even the lv 14 GM shout produces a huge aggro spike. Aggro shout from pet with planeswaler/reaper are redirected to the caster AFTER amens or simliar spells.. This is the reason why a petcaster can get aggro.

DONT USE lv 14 defensive heaven/grisly protection - the grain for soulborn is not worth the aggro problems

BTW: Since GU114 we do not use planeswaler/reaper anymore ;)
  16. Twisty Well-Known Member

incorrect advice. lvl14 GM is the better dps choice and aggro on pet is managable trivially
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

lv 14 shout component of the defensice pet stance makes a huge amount of aggro (almost the same as the lv 114 spell). It's not worth pushing the soulburn spell for 20,2% (lv 14 ancient).
    The offensive lv 118 spell adds more than 700 potency to the pet .. for all spells of the pet. This is the much better choice :)