GU 114: Showdown at Diaku Corral

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 10, 2020.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I will be sure to animate more doors for you!
    SolarFaire, Tkia, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  2. Ohhno Member

So I did the solo Showdown and while I have been critical in the past about stuff, this was actually a lot of fun :) The fights and zone were super creative and a great change to things.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Chrol Developer

No new collections, however...
    • Defeating the last boss in Solo guarantees a no trade shiny from Solo Blood of Luclin dungeons
    • Defeating the last boss in Heroic guarantees a no trade shiny from Heroic Blood of Luclin dungeons
    • All Wracklands: Showdown at High Noon [Challenge] bosses guarantee a no trade shiny from Heroic Blood of Luclin dungeons
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Bludd and 2 others like this.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

Yeah for cool new stuff! Please fix what broke by adding the cool new stuffs. Thanks!
  5. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I was quite amused with all the "3 Amigos" references... coming from someone who watched the movie countless times growing up, the zone had me laughing. (the cacti emotes are the best)

I also want a plethora of pinatas.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Okay, so.. Full admittance: the new zone is fun and you saved yourself with the lore explanation by directly addressing the change to cowboy clothing as part of an identity crisis when the Diaku realized Rallos Zek was dead. Nice save.
  7. Viledusk New Member

Zone is fun, i enjoyed it. Only one thing, the last mob can we tone down the knock back just a bit, i think it is a little too much, thanks.
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Zylara Well-Known Member

I actually liked the zone BUT on the 3 with the bucking bronco, if kicked off keeps ya in combat but you cant get thru the gate to get back into the fight, same with the lion if you cant knocked over edge once again cant get back into the fight otherwise I had no real probs with it....guildies did have probs in the heroic though as well not sure if broken or not but apparently couldnt get past bucking part due to one shots
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Argosunited like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

okay thank you, that is nice for them peeps that havent got their collections done yet :)
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

i read in discord that the saloon door will be fixed
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Zylara like this.
  11. draidean Well-Known Member

Can you change the prereq to either timeline?
    Carynn and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Change it exactly how?
  13. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

What was the surprise? I did not seem to get anything, but may have overlooked it.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

check your claim window
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Snarky aren't we :( There is nothing in my claim window, so what was the surprise supposed to be?
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We got a pack of goodies that you access via /claim. There's a familiar, a mount, a 66-slot bag, some potions for leveling mounts etc. It's one per account, but all the items in the pack are HEIRLOOM so you can trade them among those of your toons that need.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  17. Bludd Well-Known Member

it was inside the great escape grate. it's a present called surprise
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I must say that I like it so far. I run a duo (conjuror + mystic) which is pretty well geared for solo players on Test (aka no plat infusion possible) and the corral was fun and easy-ish (I did get eaten by the sharks once, fight is not really two box-friendly) and took a bit of time to understand how to aggro the singing cactus. I'll have to try on other duos, I guess necro/brigand will have way more problems, we'll see.
    I loathe the klingon-look on soga-ogres so I'm not that fond of Diakus (no problems, I take pleasure in killing them), but it does blend well with the desert and it's fun. And Grolla has some friends to wipe her tears when I delete her over and over again now!

I'm really happy about the leveling part of overseers, I expected to have to grind the levels but it's going really fast and that's really good. I'm really fed up with the whole overseer process (I would never had use them if they weren't mandatory for gear and recipes, and we're still missing a couple on our server - could we get our bookworm back? - ; all in all, I don't like minigames), so if we had had to take a month or so leveling to 11 I would have yelled at bitten eaten somebody for sure!
    Now if we could find a way to convert the new legendary+ agents we get, it would be nice (as I said in the bug forum: just hand out coins instead of agents as rewards and allow us to buy said agents for coins for the same amount we get, that way we can't convert the claimed ones if we're able to claim them, but getting extra agents we can't use - because we have too many already - would yield a coin reward ; and if we can't claim said agents, we can buy those we're missing back because we have the coins to do so, and we get to chose the ones we want: win-win)

All in all, it's a nice little GU. Doesn't address some outstanding problems, but adds a fun zone to the world. And allows solo players/alts to bridge the gap more easily to heroics.

If you meant by that "to the adventure or TS timeline", you probably won't be geared enough to handle the zone, except if you got tons of gear from heroics already. And it's adventure, it shouldn't call for TS, like a TS line shouldn't call for adventure.
    I you meant something else, don't mind me.
  19. draidean Well-Known Member

This is what I meant, yes. I am geared well enough for it, I've done part of the adventure timeline. I just don't have any fun doing that. It's a slog for me.
    Ya it's adventure but it has several house item rewards, for decorating, which would be the biggest reason I would go do more boring and tedious (to me) fighting. So I could make a case for the prereq being ts line too based on those rewards =) Or give us crafter/decorators another way to get the house items.
    I'm already unhappy with the balance of whack-a-button work I have to do to get house items vs the actual fun and relaxing decorating time I get. It just keeps getting worse.
  20. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

So no one knows what the surprise was? You know, the item(s) not listed on the first page of this thread.

Finally, with the release of GU 114, we will also be putting in a gift to all EverQuest II players as our way of saying "thank you" for going on these adventures with us and acknowledging we live in trying times. We're calling it the EverQuest II Great Escape Crate. Inside it you'll find:
    A New Mount;
    A New Familiar;
    A New Bag;
    10 Unattuners;
    And last, but not least, a surprise! (No seriously, it's a pretty cool surprise.)