Fixed Internally Rallic Pack is unavailable

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wulfen, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

Tuesday: Grim Running on Halls of Fate, Test AND Thurgadin so Thurg does seem to be fixed. However I'll try and check again after the server restarts.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

After the patch Halls of Fate and Test both still have Grim Running. However, Thurgadin now gives Legendary Pepper. So it seems that on Tuesdays, on Thurgadin at least, you can only get the correct daily quest between it switching over at midnight PST and the server patching.

And the server patching seems to count as a 'new day' because the character that I completed the quest on this morning can now get a second daily quest in the one day with Legendary Pepper. So as it standsThurgadin is giving 2 daily quests in one day if the server patches. I'm fairly confident that I will be able to complete Legendary Pepper again tomorrow, as I did it 2 days running last week on Thurgadin.

I only have characters on these 3 servers so I cannot check any further. People having issues on other servers will need to check details there for themselves and then post the results here for the devs to work with. And I strongly suggest you check what happens both before and after a server reset.

Anyone who needs to do Grim Running should probably try and get it on a Tuesday morning before the patch.

Edit: and submitted a /bug report from Thurgadin.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Whilhelmina like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You're the best, Row. I was just back and planning on checking this on Test and Thurg and you, obviously, beat me to it with an awesome lot of details.
    Players on other servers who are unable to get this quest should probably be checking the NPC between midnight PST and whatever the hour of the patch/bounce is.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

We had another emergency patch so I logged back in to check on Thurg. Still getting Legendary Pepper and the reset doesn't seem to have triggered a 'new day' this time as the toons that already completed it today are not being offered it again. So, it's not every server reset causing a problem.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Kaylabear New Member

Taking the advice, I checked and recorded the daily ts quests offered by Skrit in Tranquil Seas this past week. The daily quest "Grimling Runner" is still not being offered. This week they were:

Wed April 8- "Legendary Pepper"
    Thurs April 9 "Salve Supplies"
    Friday April 10 Small Arms for Small Arms"
    Sat April 11 "Fruitful Foraging"
    Sun April 12 "Sampling the Danger"
    Mon April 13 "Sampling the Danger" (AGAIN)
    Tuesday April 14- Today- "Salve Supplies" (AGAIN)
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  6. Wulfen Active Member

I checked both A_B and Maj'Dul, same results. Honestly I don't even care anymore if it's on Tuesday... just as long as Skrit gives us the Grim Running quest SOMETIME. And it SHOULD be once a week.
    Tues Apr 7 Salve Supplies
    Wed Apr 8 Legendary Pepper
    Thur Apr 9 Salve Supplies
    Fri Apr 10 Small Arms for Small Arms
    Sat Apr 11 Fruitful Forging
    Sun Apr 12 Sampling the Danger
    Mon Apr 13 Sour Tooth
    Tue Apr 14 Salve Supplies
    Tuesday today I checked both before and after the emergency server reset. I'll take the above suggestion to check in the very early hours, before the weekly Tuesday morning reset. It's tough not keeping this thread going until an entire week has elapsed, but so far it's bumping along. Thank you everyone for contributing. Will be recording every day for those two servers.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Tkia and 2 others like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Legendary Pepper again today, so Thurgadin definitely has a pattern

Good luck with tracking it down on other servers.
    Cyrrena and Whilhelmina like this.
  8. Wulfen Active Member

Something unusual has come up. The Antonia Bayle server Skrit quest is different from the Maj'Dul server Skrit quest.
    A_B Skrit wants us to do Salve Supplies, April 16, Thursday. M'D Skrit wants Legendary Pepper, Apr 16, Thursday.
    This is true at 6:40 am as well as 8:17 am pacific (after the Thursday server update). I had thought both servers were the same...that's not true anymore. And the Thursday update did not change Skrit's response. So this also flattens the reliability of any other servers too. no guarantees. I cannot verify other servers... Sorry, I only have chars on these two servers. If we want a dev to look into this, we need details from as many different servers as possible. My paper notes include month, date, day of the week, server, name of quest given, time of day for the quest inquiry, and whether before or after a server reset.
    Apparently there seems to be no need for faction, so I delete the quest as soon as presented. Fortunately my highest char is busy gathering 2500 pieces of wood, 55 rare roots, and Transcendent Spellshards for the 96 - 100 Grandmasters. so no time is wasted remaining in that zone for the time being.
    Cyrrena, Whilhelmina and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

You're right, Wulfen, it's whacked again. Halls of Fate and Test are correct with Salve Supplies. Thurgadin has Legendary Pepper for the third day running. Sadly I didn't know they were patching again today as the warnings always get posted way too late for europe, otherwise I would have checked the status this morning. I'd love to know what Thurgadin was offering pre-patch. I don't suppose anyone else did the quest on that server this morning?
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Nope, sorry Row, didn't know there was a patch either :/
    Cyrrena and Tkia like this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Today is Friday and we have "Small Arms for Small Arms" on Test as expected.
    On Thurgadin, the quest offered is also "Small Arms for Small Arms", so we went back to the expected rotation.
    Cyrrena and Tkia like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Saturday: Fruitful Foraging on Thurgadin and Test as expected
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

Saturday, HOF, Fruitful Foraging
    Sunday, Sampling the Danger, HOF, Test, Thurgadin
    Monday, Sour Tooth, HOF, Test, Thurgadin
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Tuesday, pre server reset: Grim Running on HOF, Test and Thurgadin.
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  15. Tkia Well-Known Member

Tuesday, following server reset: Test - Grim Running (no reset)
    Thurgadin - Legendary Pepper and allows toons that completed the daily before reset a new quest. Same behaviour as last week.
    Halls of Fate - Salve Supplies! This one hasn't been off before but has now jumped 2 days following the server reboot.

So server resets do seem to cause problems, but not always. Will be interesting to see where HOF goes to tomorrow.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Might be interesting for bugged players to check between midnight PST and reboot time. At least there's a pattern on live. Harder to say on Test because our patches are usually unannounced.
    Xianthia, Cyrrena, Tkia and 1 other person like this.
  17. Wulfen Active Member

The 64-slot Rallic Pack may be available. I intend to check A_B and Maj'Dul servers for a week or so, but for now, Real Life has taken priority over gamer testing. Yesterday Tuesday April 21 5:30 am pacific, both those servers showed Grim Running and the tinkered snare in inventory. That's good, so far. Thank you everyone for providing data. This may be the last post on this subject, unless my last alt finds Skrit performing poorly once again.
    Xianthia, Whilhelmina and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Legendary Pepper on Thurgadin, Test and HOF, so HOF reset correctly this morning despite the double jump.

So, in conclusion from this and what Wulfen found yesterday morning it seems server resets really do mess with these quests. It's just unfortunate that server resets happen on the same day as the most sought after quest in the set. Maybe a quick fix might be to change the quest order so Rallic pack is given on some day other than Tuesday or Thursday?

But until the devs get the problem fixed somehow anyone needing the Rallic pack quest is going to have to find a way to go and get it done between midnight PST and server reset on Tuesdays.
    Whilhelmina and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Wulfen Active Member

There's no internet where I'm going for the next 3 days, but before I leave, here I'm reporting, 7:45am Thursday, April 23 2020, that A_B Skrit presented Legendary Pepper, and Maj'Dul Skrit presented Salve Supplies. Our Rallic Pack quest doesn't have to come on Tuesdays, but we want to make sure our first Big Bag does come. More data from other servers will be appreciated... it takes only a minute to check on Skrit at the Tranquil Sea location.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. elflover Well-Known Member

Skyfire he offered Salve Supllies today.