Diaku Corral (solo)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by semisus, Apr 14, 2020.

1. semisus Does not play this game

Hello with the playing the game with the finding the head im unable to see em
    My friends finished em but im not seeing the cow helms , i can hover over but dont see em
  2. Jaenis Member

This zone is just crap. Let’s take every crappy game mechanic and put in one annoying as hell zone ..knockbacks off ledges (cant get back in upper gate if you do manage to run back up), mana drains, and crappy scripts. Hey.. but you might get an Exquisite chest drop that will give you crap that your class cant use . Epic fail.

Try zooming your camera in and out and moving it around for the Meathead mini game. Seems to help somewhat.

Regards.
    Avink likes this.
  3. Celan Active Member

Try changing your settings.
    EQ2-button-->Options-->Advanced-->Particle Effects
    Particle Quality: "high"
    Maximum Particle Size: "MAX"
    semisus likes this.
  4. pplnotsointelligent Active Member

Yeah does seem to be senseless I can't even get past the stupid cow game I don't see no puzzles
  5. Empalas New Member

I feel bad for anyone color blind. Haven't found anything but color yet that distinguishes them. But keep getting knocked off. Just gave up. Just a really bad mechanic.
  6. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

The cow game is rather simple, once you understand it. When you first hop on the mechanical cow, a big cow will show up to indicate which ones you need to click on for the puzzles. So if it's a black cow, on each of the puzzles click on the black cows you find.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You need to turn up particle size and quality.
  8. Chrol Developer

This will be addressed in the next hotfix.
    Argosunited likes this.
  9. Luzionist Active Member

It is not a burn through zone like many of the other solo zones, once you figure out the mechanics it is very simple and actually fun though the piñata seems a bit off with the clues. Particle boost like the phoenix is sol ro raid zone would probably be good on the invisible guy.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

mercs and familiar dont like the bridges after first boss in the zone, they run the other way, sometimes pulling mobs from higher up
    Jaeded and Argosunited like this.
  11. Adeyia New Member

Yeah kind of feels like it's been put together by an intern or somebody with little experience designing zones, as it's not appeared to have much useability or what-if? testing.

1) Knockback off ledge with having to run all the way back up? Why not have a climbable wall that unlocks once you've killed previous named to make it less tedious to get back up. There's no actual challenge to getting back up, it's just tedious.
    2) If you do get knocked off you can't open the door to get back in anyway.
    3) Having identical cow shapes with only difference being the collar is red goes against all sorts of disability interface design standards it's very odd this wasn't picked up at all.
    4) The various "clues" that are designed to help you along don't seem very logical i.e. why would I shoot random cactii in the hope it spawned a placeholder mob later on? Or more accurately why would I expect a locked gate to require me to go back and kill a bunch of cactii?
    5) Mobs sitting behind their defenses designed to keep out all intruders just stand there and watch you walk past them to the left/right without a care in the world.
    6) I've had this twice and other people mentioned in chat that the mobs can bug out with stoneskin not removing when you complete the rodeo game. I've had this with all mobs stuck at 100% and at other random % and couldn't figure out a way to clear it again (completing rodeo didn't remove it). I raised a support ticket but was told they couldn't help, which suggests there must be some other mechanism I'm missing, but for now I'm sticking with bug :)
    7) Having a leather cowboy hat that you can't even wear as an appearance item? I'm hoping you can trade it in somewhere for the appearance version, but not heard that is the case. I guess as it's fabled it's potentially a mana for transmuters which is something. If everyone can get one of those every 18 hours it might drive prices down a bit.

Overall whilst it had potential to be a new fun free zone which you wanted to play over and over, it's definately not anywhere close to the level of something like 'State Of Unrest'. Instead (at least for me) it was another frustrating example of a "we're not quite there yet but anyway can you all go and test this for us please" addition to the game.

Hopefully it will be patched soon and the version 2.0 instances will be worth playing.
    Avink and SynergyBlaize like this.
  12. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Daybreak - or whatever the current name is - please please please start using TEST for content before going to live. You have some good folks on TEST that would really like to help.
    Argosunited and Mercychalice like this.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

This worked for me! Thanks.
  14. girney Active Member

how many times do i have to do the bull ride game? after winning it seems i can only get the mobs down so far and have to do the ride again. the knockback is fatal as you cant get back to the bull ride. very poorly thought out encounter
    Udonn likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just as you can see snakes on the ledges below you, crossbow-totin' diakaroos on the cliffs above you can see YOU and are shooting at you. Your best bet is to set the merc to passive, and click its attack button as needed. Once you are at the top of the cliffs, you can set it back to Protect and Assist.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

merc was passive just following, same with familiar
    Argosunited likes this.
  17. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello i think the zone is ok as it is atm, but thier are little things i go in anger for.

I have many Toons wich are having the power to burn the Solomobs in like every zone of BOL and this shi...ty zone always i go mad bosses keep healing 3 or 5 times in one fight i bnurn one on 30 after a few sec he is back on 50 or higher whats up whith this mechanic ???:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    If i am able form my Stats to do this amount of damage the script dont f....ck me up by healing the mobs if i need 3 or 10 hits and mob is on 50% 60% or what ever why its need to heal on 90 or so back ???:mad::mad::mad:
    Especialy the Lion is making me wirred.
    And the Clickable Sheet from the Rodeo Script is to big i had to drag away 3 or 4 UI windows to be able to kilck or see all the Cows to klick.

2nd Big disatvantage is the Cool Down if we are forced to do a questline in why a SOLO has Minimum Lockout like an Old Raid Zone 18hours is a lot to high all other solos having a minimum log out from 90min so put this down on mybe 2hours thats totaly enough instst of 18hours:mad::oops::mad:

And for a melee and slow casting class like Wizzard or Warlock for example the last boss is a nightmare if hes doing the last part of his script you permanently get kicked around and being interrupted only chanc to get him down are ASC Spells wich are not brocken in casting by moveing
  18. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Three times per cycle. it appears you can only hurt one boss at a time, so at the start tab through each boss to see which one takes damage. Focus on that one. Do the cow mini game each time it comes up, and if first boss you started on is not dead keep working. Once first one is dead, one of the other two will take damage.

If you get knocked back, be at the ready to move. You can move while flying through the air so you'll want to try and move yourself back to the platform before it is too late.
  19. Chrol Developer

Some changes coming in the next hotfix...
    • Knockback will be removed from the Joro siblings fight
    • Saloon doors will be usable while in combat (also in Heroic)
    • Collision has been added along the back wall of Sergio's den to prevent getting knocked over it (also in Heroic)
    • Removed the mana drain from Sergio's Directed Swipe frontal
    Thanks for the feedback!
    SolarFaire, Tangris, Udonn and 5 others like this.
  20. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Can you please also change the lock out timers to reflect current solo and heroic timers? I mean really. I can't find groups for the new zone on the second day because everyone has a lockout timer. Four and a half days is not feasible. There are raid zones with shorter timers.