2 hr Patch?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by iceverything, Apr 14, 2020.

1. iceverything Master of Respawning

The Overseer quest fixed themselves. The quests just appeared about 20 mins after server, Skyfire came back online. So may I ask why we are having another patch? Are we to assume that this 2 hr patch will also be 3 hrs long like the last 2 hr patch?
    May I remind you that the population of EQ2 has not been higher in years and you are really dropping the ball on this one. You shut us down during major world events and we lost time. Now you shut us down yet again with world events going on. /sigh
    I am SO :confused: :confused: :confused: now.
    The crate was nice although I still dont understand the unattuners. I have those rotting in bags for yrs and I get 10 more. Refresh my memory as to what they do and why we still want 10 more?
    I hope you consider giving the create to all characters not one per account after this move.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

IIRC the unattuners will remove the attuned tag so you can pass it to alts. But it's been a while I think mine are sitting around someplace in my bank also.
  3. Laita Well-Known Member

The overseers didn't fix themselves for a lot of people, me being one. The fix was very account-selective and a lot of people still don't have access to them. but yeah, 2 hours seems blah... but oh well, guess I'll go do something productive around the house :)
    Hartsmith likes this.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

The unatunners do NOT remove the no trade flag though that you get for Infussing anything though, So they are basiclty usless
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

Has this always been the case? I have unattuned items that I infused in the past. I know it auto-attunes, but I didn't realize it made it no trade.
    AOE1 likes this.
  6. ThornNaturesoul New Member

I have only one thing to say. in the game they announced the game was coming down for a "Brief" hotfix/update.
    2 HOURS IS NOT BRIEF!
    In time where the world is trapped at home with nothing to do...2 hours is a very long time to go without your Ever-crack.
  7. Zinj Well-Known Member

Well, you could go download the original Everquest and play that.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. Tralelia Member

The overseers quest are not fixed. I had them on all toons right after the server maintenance and now when I log in, they are all gone. I don't appreciate having to redo them.
  9. Nunja Well-Known Member

I infuse my gear and I was able to use and pass to alt.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My husband lost most of his overseers after the 'fix' as well as all his progress from today.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

looks like they pushed the servers back to before the this morning update. I had the agents going out on the same overseer's quest I set up last night and i had picked up the weekly overseers and sent out some on my main on HoF and I now don't have htat weekly one to send out much less have anyone on it.
    chattie likes this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

what ever they did in htis new patch not only pushed back the serverss to before this mornings patch but screwed up the overseer's quests I sent out last night they aren not showign the bonuses from the agents and no agents
    chattie likes this.
  13. Bunji Developer

This was a rollback of specific data (mainly overseer) to pre-server unlock (did not affect character data).

When players that logged in after unlock, but before we addressed a database issue, reported they couldn't see their Overseer data we assumed the cause to be one thing, but it ended being a larger issue, and unfortunately, rolling back was the best solution.

This caused adventures to revert to an earlier state. Since some related data was saved on the character, which wasn't reverted, the bonuses for those adventures were not synced up anymore. Adventures you start going forward should display bonuses as expected.

If you lost an adventure (due to it being added to your collection during the rollback period) or used the point of need service to reduce a cooldown during that period, submit a CS ticket and they can assist you.

Sorry for the trouble, and we're making fixes to prevent this from happening in the future.
    Bludd and Breanna like this.
  14. AOE1 Well-Known Member

lol. Reading the fix that didn't fix just sounds so normal lately.
    chattie likes this.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

I didn't lose an adventure Iost the bonus of the Agents I put in to my overseers quests one of which this morning netted me a bonus chest which I did not recieve this time why did the data take away my agents bonuses as well as my familiar and merc bonuses
    chattie likes this.
  16. Avithax Well-Known Member

This makes little sense for those of us who now are more than 16 hours behind on our missions which will carry over to tomorrow. Granted mistakes will happen (they're a guarantee with this company actually) but some allowance should be given so that our overseers return to full use at the time they would have overnight instead of resulting in profits for Darkpaw via DBC driven resets.
    chattie likes this.
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

I know not all are in this position, but I have a number of toons with full sets of Agents, so I never do DBC resets. If you have a Collectors or Premium edition you may try equipping another toon with a set of agents to compensate. For me this approach means I have to do fewer log-in, clear the overseer, logout cycles throughout the day and gives more flexibility with cooldown times.
  18. FracasKrusher Active Member

19. chattie Well-Known Member

I am not going to send in a ticket for an error that was not of my doing. I will just chalk this up to another blunder
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

another one , shish .
    Test time ,
    Breanna likes this.