Not A Bug A bunch of Overseer Minions don't convert to coins

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mermut, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Here's a list of (non-holiday) overseer minions I've got that don't convert to the new coins:
    Councilor Wrathburn
    Druid Ellanha
    Mingla Gelfshir
    Mina Szekle
    Rittan D'Sal
    Magnus Frostheart
    Alexandrina X'Aphon
    Garick the Mad

holiday minions that do not convert
    Krirr Brewmuzzle
    Nettelia

There may be more minions that don't convert, but that is just the list I've encountered.
    Irrixess, Carynn, Empalas and 9 others like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Glad you typed the list, so I don't have to.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sealyn Member

It seems to me only Treasured overseers are converting. Husband and I both have the same list as above for those that won't convert. Was this intended?
  4. DoReMiNatrix New Member

Basically all the agents that come from the collector's and premium expansion packages are not convertible. I understand why since you can essentially get an unlimited amount of them by claiming on a new toon, deleting the toon, repeating. But if that's the case these should not be dropping as rewards from quests. I literally have bags full of these agents that came from overseer quests, not from /claim. I've been saving them because of the pending GU but that was a severe letdown. Can you separate the claimed ones from the reward ones so that these aren't just a wasted reward?
    Svenone, Sigrdrifa, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  5. Gerak Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was when they fixed the database or before of after but, these minions now have a statement on examine under Converts to:
    "This agent does not convert, and may only be added to your collection."
    I agree that something should be done to eliminate multiple awards of these minions cluttering up our storage.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Considering that anything worth buying from the merchant costs over 100 tokens and a good chunk of the minions we get awarded can't be turned into currency... things are off.
    Quillyne and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Abasinolanam Active Member

I am also annoyed by this. Have dozens of agents in my bags and got some more last night.

Please like the original post as that's how they keep track of what is important to fix.
  8. Albanara Active Member

I couldnt agree more about the frustration with some of these not converting - any that are dups of the starter ones that we now receive from quests.

Example is this morning receiving Garick the Mad from a 10 hour quest ( in which i now have 3 Garick the Mad sitting in my bag).

I have to ask, if these cant be converted, can you not hand them out as rewards if we already have them?

Or the ones from quests need to be tagged differently?
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had three bags full of Agents waiting for the change, and of those I only got 25 of the currency. Out of nearly 200 Agents that neither I nor my alts can use.

What *I* would like to see is the Overseer rewards checking to see if you already have one of the nonconvertible agents in your collection, and to give you something else as a reward if you do.
    Quillyne and Breanna like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Or they could just auto-convert into coins (and said agents could be bought with the same amount of coins if we need them on another alt)

Say you get a legendary agent which would give (imaginary number) = 5 coins.
    -> You already have said agent in your agent list. You get 5 coins instead
    -> you can't turn claimed agents into coins because agents auto-convert if you have them
    -> if you can't claim agents and need said legendary agent for your alt, you can buy the agent back for the 5 coins you got in the first place.

That way you can't convert claimed agents, but you can get coins for agents that could be claimed and you can get those agents back if you need them through a convoluted form of buyback.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

While it would be nice to have extra "premium" agents convert - it will never happen. (There, since I said that, maybe there's a snowball's chance in hell)

Why? 1) Look at the levels on harvest components, and how long it took for that to be change. 2) How many players started deleting excess agents long ago for bag space/organization reasons? 3) The previously mentioned method of creating an alt to claim premium/collector's edition crates, then deleting (rinse/repeat until all celestial, fabled, and legendary agents are obtained). 4) From what I understand of how item data is stored by EQ2, there is no discernible difference in the systems eyes between agents awarded from mission completion, and those /claimed from special crates - would defer to Feldon or other experts on this.
    5) <insert conspiracy theory about 6 devs and AA revamp / class balance priorities, etc.>

It might be my pessimism talking, but that's my take. I like Whilhelmina's idea about auto-converting to coins, and/or your suggestion about alternate rewards, though. That might be the best option moving forward. :\
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  12. Albanara Active Member

and of course, now that I voiced my opinion, i seem to be getting more of the legendary agents (that wont convert) than usual for rewards, as my punishment, post patch ehhhhh
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  13. Empalas New Member

I got two useless ones for me with traits today too
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

I got Mina as a reward from an overseer quest, and since I already have one, I didn't need another. But there's nothing I can do with it. All agent rewards from overseer quests should be convertable.
  15. Anyai Member

Pick an alt and start putting your extra agents that can't be converted onto one or more of them. You never know, but you might find an alt luckier than your main at rewards. Just a thought.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Seth Well-Known Member

because those ones are from the free crates that you get with premium and instead of adding two variations of the same type they got lazy and kept the same for both so exploiting the amount of currency you could get would not be a thing.
    Dude and Mermut like this.
  17. Seth Well-Known Member

but indeed now we have this other issue which will probably never get fixed. so suggest either make a whole bank saved for them in hope that one day, or delete them.
    Dude likes this.
  18. Carynn Well-Known Member

Except, in my case, Mina is one you get for free already with the expac purchase and available on all alts. Then I get the same one as a reward from an Overseer quest. This shouldn't happen at all, and since it did, I believe it should be marked as a convert.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Irrixess New Member

Here is a list of Overseer Agents categorization for rejected agents currency
    Season 1:
    • TREASURED will convert
    • LEGENDARY no conversion
    • FABLED no conversion
    • CELESTIAL no conversion
    Season 2:
    • TREASURED through CELESTIAL all will convert
    Excluded and have no conversion as intended:
    • Promotional, or complimentary
    • Seasonal event quest rewarded agents
    I know because I have two bank bags spilling over now with these nonconvertible agents I've retained in the hope that they may be converted to rejected agents in the future. As to if those standing out in Season 1 is intentional, an oversight, or a bug, the developers will have to comment.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

you can basically claim unlimited amounts of season 1 agents if you just make a new char so they will never be converted
    Dude likes this.