Not A Bug Spotted Baby Bovoch was a SHRINK item

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by PurpleChicken, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurpleChicken Active Member

You took the 90% shrink off of this cosmetic pet. I am not okay with this.

I wouldn't have purchased it for my characters if it wasn't for that 90% shrink.. Please fix this item back to what it was when I purchased it.
  2. FracasKrusher Active Member

Why change things?

Were there massive complaints about characters being too small???

I believe this was either a copy/paste error,
    or worse

PLEASE FIX
    elflover, Akintuff and Chienne-Guk like this.
  3. Quillyne Active Member

Please, please restore the shrink!
  4. Zylara Well-Known Member

I have nvr had a bovoch but i can understand peole being peeved BUT I will say that since this has been done somehow the billy doll plus my xegony is now fubared even more on my wiz, previously i just had the problem of the billy doll showing when logging in cause my hide illusions kept coming unclicked all the time, but now to use the billy and xegony to get my shrink on i now have to dismount first, shrink and then mount up again and I dont even use the bovoch
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

I think they were changed due to excessive afk mooing around NPC's across Norrath. I will miss my beloved Bovach but i am positive that somewhere in the undiscoverable, and mysteriously hidden Darkpaw EULA they have the right to change any item for any reason.

I will toss my hat in with those voicing displeasure about this though, perhaps it will moo've them to reconsider.
    Chienne-Guk likes this.
  6. Elyria Well-Known Member

patch notes only mention change in size of pet, so...pretty lame to remove character-shrink intentionally (maybe it was an accident?) i have a brownie char. now that is no longer tiny enough and is quite furious:mad:. please fix this
    Akintuff, Chienne-Guk and Ratala like this.
  7. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Chienne-Guk likes this.
  8. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was the one who made that comment. I am just boggled by this decision. They can't say it wasn't intended to have that effect as it was written in the description.
    Effects:
    Shrinks caster by 90%
    Summons a pet Spotted Baby Bovoch

I've just had to step away from the game as this was a little fluff thing that really added enjoyment for me on a personal level. The fact that 3 years after it was introduced, they are now trying to say it was never intended is just a straight up lie. If you want to remove an appearance effect, then at least have the respect for your player base to tell them why. Especially since this effect can still be obtained in other ways.
    Frada, elflover, Akintuff and 5 others like this.
  9. PurpleChicken Active Member

It has had the shrink FOREVER. It's a Bristlebane item, it's supposed to be fun and unusual. Fun...y'know...what this game should be?

They can do what they want with their game, sure. But wrecking something that was simply fun and not harming anything or giving anyone an unfair advantage for no reason isn't going to inspire people to keep playing this game.

Total garbage.
  10. FracasKrusher Active Member

It's like letting cow developers loose in a china factory...

Yup, something got broken, again

Players complain their cows are not baby sized
    Dev remakes the cow items baby sizes, but misses the shrink ability,
    because cut/paste 1st baby cow is so much easier

Now players are noticing the mess up
    But instead of fixing it like they should
    they shovel out a bunch of bovoch excrement saying it was intended

Fix something, test it to check if it is right, then put in game,,,
    because it is a major pain to go back in and fix the broken item you break by fixing something

This is like the harvestables all over again.

As a customer, I am baffled by these hijinks

PLEASE FIX

Tappit
  11. Quillyne Active Member

+1
    There's no reason for them to have done this. Either they broke it and just don't want to bother with fixing it, or this is just some arbitrary decision to strip a little bit of fun from the game. And it is a little thing. But, these little things add up.
  12. Giga Member

Dreamweaver may want to work on their customer service and actually provide reasoning other than "wasn't intended" for something that has been around for years.
  13. Ratala Active Member

90% shrink has been on the item since 2017

About 2/3 down the page above you skimmers you will see the item described with 90% shrink
    http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q285

Keep taking the little fun things away and there isn't any reason to log in or spend money. When you lose the little things that bring a smile there isn't any reason to play.

Remember the special server with the incentive to get to level 10 or 20 on that server so you could get a mount that would allow you to fly at level 10 on all your characters on that account? I do. Guess what, it was taken away from us because someone didn't think we should be able to fly at level 10.

Our veterans /claim crafting potions were silently nerfed from 110% to 100%.

Now we lose our 90% shrink on the Spotted Baby Bovoch, and we are supposed to believe it was an oversight after 4 years?

I guess I will just have to decrease my spending by 90%.
    Crastinal, Frada, Rosyposy and 6 others like this.
  14. QToonz New Member

What the heck happened tot he 90% shrink? ITs why I purchased it again for new characters this year during bristlebane day. I am a tired of this stuff. You want us to purchase stuff from the market place, to put money in your pocket, to keep the game going, then keep the stuff in game the way it was when it was given to us! THE 90% shrink was FUN! the level 10 flying lion was FUN too, it had to be earned by questing etc. IT is why I play for FUN!

Always take, take take from the players the FUN stuff! Why because someone some where didn't like it? No reason why? I'm irritated to no end. I guess, if my main account wasn't a life member account I'd walk away as I am frustrated with this type of behavior.. You give us some weird cowboy update, it breaks things to no end and 'supposedly it was tested?" but then you take the FUN stuff away AFTER the HOLIDAY event. I would have used those coins for something else... maybe x(

HOW ABOUT SOME COMMUNICATION!
    Rosyposy, elflover and Ratala like this.
  15. elflover Well-Known Member

Yup this took the fun out of buying the pet in the first place. If it was intended why remove after years of it being game, makes no sense. why change something that wasnt broken?
    Rosyposy and Ratala like this.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

I also wondered about this , why change this all of the sudden?
    If there was a good reason then enlighten us.
    elflover likes this.
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

some of mine were nerfed to 70% when they were 100, but yeah i remember that too. its getting sad changing some things that are minor and not broken.
    Crastinal likes this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the majority of people that bought the cosmetic pet, bought it for the shrink effect. Why change it? All it's done is anger players, you know, YOUR CUSTOMERS.
    Crastinal and Frada like this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I found this earlier today too. The shrink was the whole reason I bought the item =(.

It has been that way since it was put in game and was KNOWN by the devs and the playerbase to have the shrink effect on it when it was put in.

Absolutely absurd to expect players to believe it was a "mistake" for it to be on the item. My guess is there's magically going to be something you have to pay $$ for or something in the expansion you have to jump through a lot of stupid hoops to get a replacement for what used to be a fun fluff item.

This isn't and wasn't a game breaking thing. Even if somehow it magically WAS a mistake, then what is the harm in leaving it in game since it's been here for 4 years already causing no problems?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The shrinking of the player was never intended, and not something present on either of the other similar pets. The size adjustment was intended to be cast on the pet, thus making it more appropriately sized for a baby.

It was brought to the dev team's attention during this year's event that the pets were not being shrunk down as intended. As result, all three of the pets were given the same predictable and consistent treatment. The spell scroll spawns the pet. The pet is now appropriately sized for being a baby bovoch, and while I do understand you are unhappy with this choice, it is not a bug, so I am going to close this thread. If the OP would like to make a new one in general with the tag [Feedback] that is an option.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.