Tweak the Spawn Rate

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kittik, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

Of havestables.

It would be a good way to quell the inflation of plat (from it's already over inflated status).
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. Are you suggesting they increase the repop rate of harvest nodes? Not sure how that affects inflation. Do you mean it would increase the supply of materials and therefore lower the price? It might, but I haven't really experienced difficulty finding nodes to harvest from when I do harvest runs. The just seem to be widely spread out is my complaint.
  3. Kittik Well-Known Member

No, decrease significatnly. Cut all havestables by a quarter the spawn rate it currenlty is.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Should the title read Tweak the spawn rate? Or are you asking players to tweet about their spawn rates?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Just no.
    Carizia, Raff, Carynn and 1 other person like this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate on why you think that is a good idea? Seems counterintuitive.
    Carizia, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

Its not like theres a lack of nodes , however theres a lack of something useful to make
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Kittik Well-Known Member

My thought process is that everything you get from them is worthless (valueless) because they are far too abundant. If you cut the spawn rate of havestable to a quarter of what they are then what is gotten from those nodes will be valuable.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Really? What on earth for? And are you talking live or TLE?
    What they should tweak or rather fix is the rare harvest rate in BoL, because it is not WORKING AS INTENDED.

Nothing in BoL with the exception of spells and bolts is worth making, so what are you talking about?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

This kind of makes my point. There is too much of the materials. Take those materals away, or remove the source of them (or GREATLY reduce them) then what you make from them would be worth something.
  11. Kittik Well-Known Member

I am more so talking TLE, but doing this (reduction of havestables) on live may help quell the over inflation of plat. Rares should be re-re-reworked. We don't need a FURTHER reduction of rare spawns.
    Argosunited likes this.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'm active on Kaladim - there are NOT too many mats!
    Carizia, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Ah, well I'd suggest you ask Dreamweaver to move it to the TLE section of forums before we pelt you with tatertots ;)
    Carizia, Rhodris, Raff and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kittik Well-Known Member

lol...maybe
  15. Kittik Well-Known Member

Disagree.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I'll edit it for you lol
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Occam Well-Known Member

Please explain how you think this would positively effect inflation? EQ2 is a closed system, which was flooded by several dups that drove inflation through the roof. The only way to mitigate the issue would be to remove plat from the game, which is what plat sinks are for. Making harvesting nodes more scarce will have zero impact other than to make people upset.
    Carizia and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like he wants his harvestables to have more value on the broker so he can make more plat to buy other things with. Or at least that is what it sounds like to me.