Shadow tradeskill recipe books

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Where do they come from?
    Ordinary mob drops
    Exquisite chests
    Boss mob drops
    Tradeskill Mission Quests
    Overseer quests
    Raid drops
    Adventure Solo zones

I haven't seen a recipe book yet while playing.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Julesholland Active Member

Just got shadow stirrups from a fabled overseer quest, bonus chest
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I know they are only available via Overseers. I have seen mount gear an recipes drop elsewhere, but the primary TS profession books I have were all from Legendary or Fabled Overseer missions.
    Soara2, Mermut and Breanna like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

And some of them are still so rare they're selling for over 9m plat on the broker...
    Just to make experts...
    Soara2, Breanna and Melkior like this.
  5. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So, then like Shadow Sage Studies recipe book, only comes from overseer missions, but those missions, are account wide? So only one on your account can do them at a time? I noticed when I look at my overseer missions, it shows the quests, but says another toon is on that mission, but that toon is on another server...??

So, only ONE tradeskiller can do missions at a time and only ONE tradeskiller gets a slight chance of getting a recipebook, with an even slighter chance that recipe book is for their class? Am I understanding this right?
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Overseer is account wide yes. I don't have toons on multiple servers so didn't realize it works that way. Once you get more missions, you can have multiple toons run the different missions interchangeably. I have 4 that have a good stable of agents to maximize success from at this point, working on a fifth. That helps maximize your chances of bonus chests a little bit.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can run 10 overseer missions a day. Provided you have enough quests and minions, you could, in theory, run all 10 of them at once on 1 toon, run 1 on 10 different toons (a different quest for each toon) simultaenously or anything in between
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject... So If I have one of every tradeskill class, how are they all going to get all the recipe books they need, especially when they are tied to the Overseer, missions? I have 9 missions right now, and clicking on the rewards, I don't see a book of any kind in any of them.

Looking at this, makes it so I will not be able to craft anything any longer, unless I have the money to buy them all. So, for me I guess tradeskilling is dead.

Where do you get more Mission quests? Where do you get the quests that reward tradeskill recipe books? I specifically made a sage to craft my own experts, now there is no way in hell I can do that. I can't even make enough right now to buy a Krono, let along a tradeskill recipe book.

These books should drop from the 3 tradeskill quests in Seru, Tor, and the Coast. Honestly what do adventure overseers, have to do with crafting? This is just a way to block the books and raise cash? I just don't get the thinking behind this move.

Sorry, this is just exasperating , I used to enjoy crafting, now I can't.
    Soara2 and Lateana like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it will be a comfort or not.. but except for experts, food and potions, nothing is worth crafting this expac. Even the 'best' wearable gear is on par with the quested sig line gear... and it takes a MASSIVE amount of resources to make.

Some people might argue that the mount gear is worth making, but those recipes aren't tied to any tradeskill class and the good ones require the recipe AND the pattern to make.

So, no you can't get all the recipes, but having them wouldn't do you much good in most cases...
    Soara2, Udonn, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  10. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Well Mermut, it IS some comfort, TY! I'm a sage, and that's what hurts me. But still it is a bit depressing that I won't be able to sit, with my music going and crafting everything at least once. I do love me some crafting, or at least I did... Thanx Mermut!
  11. Roadkillusa Active Member

Well mages get screwed on Tradeskilling again. Ever since they started allowing spell upgrade to be purchased with DB cash they made sages spells a lot more difficult to obtain books needed to make expert spells.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

I just want to add a few details. First I have all 9 trade skills as well, so I feel your pain on the drop rate. Second, for what ever reason, they decided not to show all the possible rewards when you examine a chest. So items can drop from a quest even if you don't see it. Also, when you examine a chest it only shows you the reward possibilities from the base chest not the bonus one you can get to drop.

For each quest you run you want to make sure you get your bonus as high as possible. Make sure you are using your best mercenary and familiar and matching up the traits needed for the quests to the maximum extent possible. Also make sure you run the maximum number of quests you can every day. This will help you get more quests, and eventually the legendary and fabled quests will drop for you. I'm sure I don't have them all, but I have 5 fabled quests, 11 legendary, and 14 Treasured ones.

I don't have anywhere near all the books for all the crafters (Provisioner only has 1 by the way), but as Mermut said, most the items aren't worth crafting. From an itemization standpoint they are worse then solo quested gear. The only reason to make them at all is to salvage them for lunar materials to make mount gear with. And to do that, you only need one recipe, not the whole collection of books.

Stick with it, you can make progress on the books. Some volumes are actually common enough you can buy cheaply on the broker. Others sell for millions of plat because they are rare. As a fellow crafter, I sure hope you get a streak of good luck and start seeing some drops. It has to happen some time right?
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Kristabella Well-Known Member

"It has to happen some time right?" That is so true, I am guessing when they make another xpac and we can get to level 150, my sage will have all her books..... hahahahaha

Ty so much for that info.... is there anyplace else to get new missions from, All mine on all my crafters are blue, and 1 yellow. How do you get higher missions, or how do you get more missions, is there a place for daily missions, other than the Overseer window?
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Melkior Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the most common place to get more missions is as rewards from OS missions. Occasionally you can get one as an,adventure quest reward, or at least you could in Beta. It is slow in the beginning, especially if you bought the standard version of BoL and did not get the bonus agents with traits. But they will come eventually. Just keep running the max number of missions per day, and use your best merc and familiar to maximize your success chance. That does mean making sure each character that runs missions has a good merc unlocked to hire anywhere.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Advanced books:
    • #11-15: overseer common chest, adventure chest (Empyral Mission Reward Crate V2)
    • #16-20: overseer bonus legendary chest (from common mission), adventure chest (Empyral Mission Reward Crate V2)
    Empyral/Shadowed books:
    • #11-12 : overseer legendary chest (+ empyral white adorns and nails)
    • #13-14 : overseer bonus fabled chest (from yellow quest) (+ red/blue adorns)
    • #15-16 : overseer fabled chest (+ mount gear)
    • #17-20 : overseer bonus mythical chest (purple quest) (+ sambata mount gear)
  16. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Thanks all for all the replies and info, it was sooooo appreciated!!!
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. chattie Well-Known Member

I'm so tired of looking for Shadowed Books, I keep getting the same ones over and over and over. This is unbelievable after all these years of being without a doubt the best tradeskilling game out there to come to this. What were they thinking?
    AOE1 and Whilhelmina like this.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

And it is pathetic that they are so rare.
    Mermut likes this.