Can someone explain the lore in Luclin

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by dirgenoobforreal, Mar 31, 2020.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Why are we going to luclin, who is the endboss in Luclin (as in who is the biggest badass) and why do we want him dead or his minions dead?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We're on the light side of the moon. I expect the next xpak will be the dark side.

We are here to try to prevent the Sszraesha from invading Norrath again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Magic Missiles Active Member

The Moon Landing was faked.

[IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

kerafyrm and roen theer is in there too and kerafyrm has been an end of the world bogey man for a long time
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Thanks to our efforts to prevent the Age's End prophecy that Kerafyrm was going to cause, we used amplified chronomancy to put Luclin back together (sealing up Kerafyrm and Roehn Theer in the process). The BoL timeline would reveal that it happened to be to the point in time where Rallos Zek and Solusek Ro's armies detonated the Dresolisk Crystal that destroyed Luclin in the first place, but BEFORE the explosion itself could actually destroy the moon. The explosion that destroyed Luclin has been completely undone, but it did change Luclin's landscape with the formation of massive crystal mountains and fixtures jutting up out of the landscape.

However, Emperor Ssraeshza of the Shissar has always been a powerful soothsayer who has been able to accurately predict events in the future, and a necromancer who knows how to bring himself back to life. He knew of Luclin's destruction and eventual undoing. He predicted that Ssraeshza Temple would land upside down in the Phantom Sea because of the destruction, and even allowed adventurers to kill him because he would come back to life when Luclin's destruction was undone.

At the end of the Chaos Decending timeline, we learn that Najena was screwing with the balance of the elemental planes in hopes of fighting the oncoming Shissar invasion in her own way. We put a stop to it and learned that maybe by asking for the goddess Luclin's assistance directly, we might be able to find a way to stop them. However, she didn't return when the other gods returned to Norrath. Her presence is still missing. Even her own Akheva, who can normally feel her presence, don't feel anything. She's gone missing.

The Duality reveals that he was able to decipher part of the Shissar Calendar, and it seems that the events of Blood of Luclin were predicted to happen. Once again, we are falling right into the Emperor's predictions. The BoL sigline reveals that Emperor Ssraeshza has somehow managed to tap directly into the Plane of Shadows and intends on using Luclin's powers to bolster his army. The shadowbeasts you see around Aurelian Coast were just an experiment to test things out.

There is no grand final boss to this expansion, unless you count the Shade of Vyzh'dra at the end of the Vault of Ssraeshza (solo). The story ends on a cliffhanger to prepare us for a big showdown against the Emperor and the Shissar army. As someone mentioned, we've only explored the light side of the moon. The next expansion will most certainly take us to the darker side, where we can expect to find out what has happened to Shar Vahl, Catta Kastellum, Shadeweaver Thicket, Grimling Forest, Paludial Caverns, Tenebrous Mountains, and possibly Umbral Plains and Vex Thal.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[ooc: Instead, can we get the bugs fixed (I include the severe nerfing of gear below level 100 {and crafted gear at that point and beyond} in that)? I don't think anyone would mind a cancellation/delay until the year after next of the next expac if that could happen. /ooc]

Lore-wise, so, neither the Gnomes nor the Erudites were to blame for the destruction of Luclin and the slaughter of all life there at the time, and no one knew that except for maybe Emperor "What do I care, I'll come back no matter what" Ssraeshza until recently? Has anyone tried to just completely atomize him? ;->

"Come back from this, lizard boy! >krzzzt<"
    "Ha. I knew you were going to do that."

Uwk
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

We as players have known since shortly after the game launched that the 2nd Rallosian War that plays such a huge focal point in the backstory was directly connected to Luclin's destruction. We've known about the detonation of the Dresolisk Crystal.. It's just that Norrathians didn't know what happened.

As for completely atomizing Emperor Ssra, he would see it coming and plan accordingly. He already allowed us to kill him once in the lead up to Altar of Malice because he knew he would come back to life.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...you can't keep a bad reptiloid down. :(

Uwk
    Erudinel and Breanna like this.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I think Luclin (pronounced Luck lin) is a female god? Not sure if she will reappear.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Correct, and us adventurers are currently trying to find her so that we can ask her to lend her help against the Shissar threat.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can think of a few I'd like to see reappear: Luclin for the good guys, Prexus for the neutrals (and in his old merman form, not the mind flayer(TM)), and...hmm. Not sure who for the bad guys; had a thought, but might've been stolen or destroyed by the nasties. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Zero New Member

Is there an audiobook or novel that has all the story or lore of EverQuest 2 compressed into one series? Would love to read or listen to the epic tale in an accumulative fashion... with as little filler arcs as necessary in order to supper the main plot timeline...
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I wish it were that simple, but there's just far too much to gather to tell it all.
  14. Benj Well-Known Member

I had to chuckle at the phrase "filler arcs". There are many side quests that don't add to the story, but the phrase makes me imagine an EQ2 anime.

I too would love to see some sort of compendium. Some of the older raid content (Fire and Ice, Rise of Kunark) would make good D&D campaigns. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to replay a quest to refresh my memory on some details.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, there was a website that did its level best to keep up with it all, but I can't recall which one it was. I'm not sure it's still up any more. :(

Uwk
  16. Mezaka Active Member

Zero likes this.
  17. Cravaro Active Member

Breanna likes this.
  18. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Remember: The Antonia_Bayle.Lore channel is always open.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

From the wiki's Luclin page...

Luclin is one of two known moons of the planet Norrath. (The other being Drinal.)

Around 3711, Luclin exploded. While the majority of the lunar surface remained in place, the satellite was severely damaged, splitting into multiple pieces. Some of the ejecta from the explosion, including portions of the surface of Luclin and likely portions of the interior of the planetoid, was caught in the gravitational pull of Norrath and struck the surface. While it can be assumed that most of the material that made planetfall did so in the oceans (as Norrath is predominantly water-covered), many meteoroids did strike the surface of Norrath. (Thereby becoming meteorites by definition.)

These Luclinite meteorites are generally iridescent blue-green in color and appear to have significant effects on the surrounding biology, beyond the mere physical trauma of geological impact. For example, in the Sinking Sands, Luclinite meteorites cause grass to grow where none exists nearby, and indeed without any apparent source of significant water. (See The Stilled Sea, /loc -841, -122, -989 for example.) Additionally, the mineral appears to have biorestorative properties, given that reanimated skeletal and decomposed remains seem to gain life in the proximity of Luclinite.

Currently there are significant numbers of reanimated skeletal undead present at the aforementioned Stilled Sea meteorite, and had been present since its rediscovery. Given the date of the Shattering (3711), this means that only thirty years' exposure to Luclinite is enough to cause near-permanent changes to the biology of both plant and animal life in close proximity. Given that no morphological evolution has occurred in the reanimated beings in question over, in this case, approximately ninety Norrathian years, there is good reason to think that the reanimation happened in far fewer than thirty years.

Significant trauma to landscapes from crashing Luclinite meteoroids can also be observed in a variety of landscapes including The Thundering Steppes and Jarsath Wastes.
    Ancient History of Luclin

Long ago, the great crystalline dragon Veeshan scarred Norrath and deposited her brood. Shortly thereafter, the gods made a pact to divide up the lands, each wanting to stake their claim with creatures of their own creation.

Luclin watched from the shadows while the other gods went about making order out of chaos in their own twisted ways. She saw the meeting, the petty bickering, and the various power plays for which the gods have always been known. Abandoning Norrath, Luclin claimed the barren and forgotten ringed rock orbiting the planet for her own. Unopposed and through the sheer power of her will and magic, she gave life to the moon that now bears her name.

In addition to the creations of the Mistress of Shadows, the moon of Luclin has since become home to several of Norrath's races, either by choice or by force. The Combine Empire, once powerful and nearly all encompassing, lies on Luclin, split and now a shadow of its former power. The Shissar, once the bane of Kunark, fled the deadly Green Mist and sealed themselves behind the hard vacuum of The Grey. The Vah Shir (Kerrans) were deposited forcefully by the Erudites in the disastrous test of the great weapon that created the abyss now known as The Hole.

The moon of Luclin is in perfect balance -- one side bathed forever in light, and the other steeped in darkest night. The earliest arrivals felt an eerie and disturbing presence when approaching the Twilight between the two areas. Those not native to the moon quickly learned to avoid these dangerous lands. Ironically, it is said that those of good and honest nature made their homes in the darkness, and those of a darker nature chose the light. (Source: Everquest Manual)
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Meneltel always wanted Lanys to be a deity selection.