Dirges....lend me your ear (and fingers)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tangris, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Tangris Well-Known Member

So...what spells do you feel are must cast and what spells do you consider worthless, tell me what you have macro'd together and why, thanks.
    Elkana likes this.
  2. Thornfinger Member

I have some questions as well regarding Dirges. Looking for a build at 120 for solo, and probably one for grouping. Also what Ascension class is a must have for Dirges?
    Elkana likes this.
  3. Tangris Well-Known Member

No must have, I run Elementalist but I know a lot who run Etherealist, as far as builds mine is mostly group/raid since soloing is so easy for me now.
  4. Elkana Active Member

Greens, you want to cast your greens and maintain them. Your a scout so dagger storm, if it's up, dagger storm, if it's down wait for dagger storm. LOL. your two blues, then you'll just fill in with your ST trash when you have nothing else to cast cuz Dagger storm and ascensions are down. Also, make sure you're fully utilizing Victorious Concerto. Some bards believe it's dead but I watch it parse half a billion encounter DPS in raids, that's 3 billion group wide. Bards who say it's useless just don't know how to bard : ) - Sorry to offend.
    I don't do macros on any character ever.

You'll most certainly want to be Ethearealist. My dirge is Elkanah on Skyfire, his eq2U profile is open feel free to check his build and AA spec.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Elkana Active Member

You'll keep the same build for both.
  6. Thornfinger Member

Thanks Elkana, and others. I went with Thaumaturgist, would there be any advantage in switching to Etherealist? So far, I seem to be doing exactly what you said, dagger storm when it's up, greens, blues.. works really well can put out a ton of damage.
    Elkana and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Elkana Active Member

Feedback Loop for Ethearealist dirge would be a top 5 parser for you always. Well, assuming you get it up to at least GM. Thaumaturgis isn't a bad selection as you can give Oblivion Links to some one, Won't be a great benefit for you as there isn't much worth double casting on your dirge. Of course your friendly neighborhood Assassin will love you for putting it on him : )
    I've been both ascension classes on my dirge, all things equal I parsed a noticeable amount better as Eth.
    Thornfinger likes this.
  8. Thornfinger Member

Thanks again, I switched to Etherealist last night, and it does appear to provide some nice abilities to have. Might as well level it to 20 since I've already maxxed Thaum.
    Elkana likes this.
  9. Sowy Active Member

>Elkanah said: "lso, make sure you're fully utilizing Victorious Concerto. Some bards believe it's dead but I watch it parse half a billion encounter DPS in raids, that's 3 billion group wide. Bards who say it's useless just don't know how to bard : ) - Sorry to offend."

I'd personally like VC to matter a lot more than it currently does. It seems with the addition of ascensions that somehow RO charges are even worse than they were. Even with this being said, here's an answer to the OPs question:

Get DPS 8000+
    Get CB 7000+
    Get MA 1000
    Accuracy 100
    ST 100
    AOE 100
    WDB 500+ overcap 800+

Flurry 140+ (Flurry Belt/Cloak/Neck + AA proc + Epic proc) + clickable flurry buff from previous expansions. Takes you to close to 200 often enough.

Even with 180k potency, the effect on my CA/ascensions isn't as much as other *actual* dps classes.

Here's a parse from ssra, regular mode. yeah I know it sucks but just trying to give people an idea here.
    [IMG]
    Moonfyre, Elkana and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

which clickable flurry buff are you referring to?
  11. Sowy Active Member

12. Hurtsbad Member

Hey Sowy!

I would be interested in hearing about this clickable flurry buff. What is it called?

As for Dirge DPS...

My dirge is usually one of the top 3 or 4 parsers in raid, if not number 2. Cant touch the BL and Swashy, Brigand and Conji have turned it on so I have been falling a bit. But the Dirge's prime job is not DPS so that is ok.

Every one has posted the stats. Mine is right around there. Though I have played with DPS vs Multi Attack. Every time I drop my MA down to boost DPS a bit i have seen myself slide down the parse. It is probably just group makeup in raid and encounters... but still. With my current gear Im sitting around 7500 DPS and 2700 MA. I don't have AB mod wrist pieces so I can't hit the coveted 10k mark in the DPS. All the necessary runes including Vindicator, Summer Torment etc.

KA flawless buff.

I do utilize VC/RO. I'm usually in Main Tank group with Coercer, Inquisitor, BL, Monk, etc.

On a stand and swing boss fight I can put out 40 billion. On most fights when I am running around rezzing and doing fight mechanics... (Not optimizing my abilities) I do about 20 billion.

Oh and I use macros for just about every thing. I have a Single Target and an AOE macro that I spam. So most of the fight im just spamming 2 buttons. I have a bar for my green debuffs that I hit when needed, a bar for my bard buffs like Requiem, a bar for ascensions (Ethereal) and a bar for the utilities like EE, Rez, Confront Fear. Also I dont use CoB. Just Peal.

Hope that helps!

Sowy please let me know the name of the Flurry Clicky.

Hurts
  13. Sowy Active Member

Hey, not sure you realized but you quote the post where I link the item that gives the clickie buff in question?
    Dude likes this.
  14. Hurtsbad Member

Hahaah nope didnt realize. gona look now!
    Dude and Sowy like this.
  15. Vytor New Member

Impressive. Two questions:

Will you use the new Ethereal Cloak?

What’s the driver of the disease dps?

Thanks!
  16. Sowy Active Member

Disease infusion (thalumbra era)

Not likely going to wear cloak, but plan on wearing the other two. This may change if somehow they make the 3 invoke some crazy set bonus.