Kander's Candor Podcast Launch!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver, Kander Thanks for this. Lots of great ideas here. I am excited to see what comes out of this. I miss watching the old podcasts, glad this is coming back. I think you guys are right on track with some of the things that have been missing for a while. Hopefully the powers that be above you guys give you all the resources you need. One of my favorite memories of this game was if I had a problem that required customer service I could sent an email, I would send the E-mail in-character and I would get a response in character as well, not just some generic computer generated here is your solution. That one small thing added SOOOO much more to the game. I have often wanted to join the EQ2 team but I don't wanna move to California lol. But..... now that we are all working from home...… ;-) yeah, hook me up fellas. I can't program beyond simple stuff but I can talk a lot and have a passion for this game. I am on the TLE Server, love it (well, most of it). But anyways, please keep this up. Make us feel like the devs are our friends again that we would invite over for coffee..... especially if your coffee pot is broken. ;-)

P.S. I'm Lovelost on discord :)
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Could we get some clarification about the caps on heals? Even outside of zones with Chaotic Leech, group wards are landing for about the same amount as other wards with only 1/2 the value listed in the tooltips.

Are encounters taking into account that the cap on wards and heals hasn't changed much in 3 expacs while the incoming damage has increased?

Are there any plans to give the players a clearer idea how Chaotic Leech actually works? We know exact numbers about the dps debuffs but the healing debuffs are a complete mystery to the players.

Also could we get bleedthrough information put BACK into the logs? It was there for KA, but it got removed for some reason.
  3. SolarFaire Active Member

Yes! I enjoyed the two episodes so far.
    May we someday see a return of the Shar Val? I missed them with this game. While I have a couple of Kerrans, I still loved my Space Kitty from EQ1.
    Thanks Kander and Dreamweaver!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I have been here since the beta of EQ2... and I must say I appreciate the candor and honesty from Kandor on the state of the game and how things went with BoL. I have not always agreed with the direction of the game over the years but this type of communication and self reflection is what is needed to get through and make the game better in the next patches (GUs). I look forward to what the Team can do and appreciate their hard work, and hope Norrath is fun for many years to come.
  5. Tangris Well-Known Member

So far so good!
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Can't wait til the next GU.....feel like I need to make an alt named Sergio Leone.

Toby...sounds like we need a cowboy hat! Preferably one that doesn't scalp us.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kandor and Dreamweaver, for the podcasts.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Now if this was done more often, you will not see half of the threads you see on forums right now. Communication and owning up to what the actual state of development and game is. That is all we want. We are simple people. When you drip feed to us updates like this, we will accept it and tide ourselves along happily even if it does not materialise the way its being pitched.

Thank you. Not said this in a long while.
    Juraiya, SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not sure if you already did this but put it in the Episode 4 question thread!
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Backstabbber Member

Love the podcasts!!!!! I play and listen perfect:)
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Great! But I miss seeing your faces from previous video "podcasts"
    Rosyposy, SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  12. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I am with Dreamweaver on this one. The "Stuff" is a horrible Horror-Movie (1985) that doesn't need a podcast:)

The podcast is interesting and i hope it will continue and successful.
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and dreamweaver like this.
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

We might add a video component later on. But I wanted to get this off the ground.
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm listening to it on Anchor now, no login required. They may surprise me with a "login now for more" message later, but so far so good.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. I don't think you have to log in at all.
  16. Svenone Well-Known Member

The first service I tried to listen the podcast with came up with a sign-up-first-before-you-can-listen-to-anything annoyance, but the second let me listen anyway. Just wish there were video along with the podcast. Though I can not really read lips, I find watching people while they are talking generally helps me understand what they are saying.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Don't really have the ability to do video at the moment but it's a possibility long term, which one wanted you to sign up?
  18. Svenone Well-Known Member

Spotify, I think. (Yes, I tried the second one listed first.)

I am a very private person, and avoid signing up for anything that I don't have a darn good reason or need to so. Social medial services are out of the question (I am pointing at you Twitter and Facebook!)
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Oh okay that makes sense, the free version let's you listen but still requires a sign up.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

@ dreamweaver These are great I love them! Are you going to post 3 like you did for 1 & 2. Yes I'm one of the people who aren't on discord so if you've talked about it I've missed it. And I notice a post you did for 4 with the questions
    Cyrrena, Semperfifofum and SolarFaire like this.