Server Bounce and Downtime Round 2 Reminder March 26, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Ok Tmanrockgod, let me explain it for you so Dreamweaver doesn't have to. There is a company called Sony Online Entertainment, and they have taken a liking to what Darkpaw games has done with Everquest 2, and said "Hey, we might be interested in that, we should have thought of that first". Then, Darkpaw games was like... close the back doors, don't let any riff raff in. So now the servers are down but only briefly for some. Some servers are on the West side of the moon Luclin, those servers need to cool down from the explosion. The servers on the East of Luclin are ok and still up, only because they were on the safe side of the moon. This is why SOE is super excited about the game because they couldn't think of this first. But Darkpaw will hold strong, we have nothing to worry about with Dreamweaver at the helm...
    I really hope this clears things up. Dream will back me up...
  2. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle should be up in the next 30 minutes Rockgod
  3. Lysia Active Member

Maj'Dul down -- AGAIN -- ok, I understand that it may need some work .. again, but as far as I can tell, Halls of Fate is still up ? Low pop right now, but up and Maj'Dul is down <sigh>
  4. Roadkillusa Active Member

[/quote]
    The fact that this has already been going for nearly a week already personally i wouldnt complain about losing 1 day, they didnt HAVE to give us the bonus at all, they were actually being very gebnerous in this and as stated just above the 24 hr downtime may not even take the whole day so you may still get in on time for the last day (or not)![/quote]

I am not complaining about the down time or even how long it is taking. It needs to be done. What I am complaining about is the fact we are going to lose close to a day of a status bonus. Yes they did not have to give a bonus but they did and every server this bonus was for should get the same amount of time.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I don't know about that, I was walking my dog this morning, and I could swear something was following us, and I swear I could see virus tentacles coming from behind me in my peripheral vision.But I my hand was on the hilt with my senses primed and ready, aaand cue The Sentinel....Lol:D :D
  6. Lysia Active Member

so Maj'Dul goes down -- again -- and does Halls of Fate and Skyfire get to go down again on Monday ?
    <sigh> .. I mean, really ? We just went down on Tuesday ...
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's on a bounce as was cleared stated in the News section that Dream posted. The other servers will be taking a big hit today like we did on Maj'dul yesterday.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Read the updates fellow frenz!!! This one is short for us!
    I know I personally am playing with both dogs because it's probably going to be up for AB in about 12 minutes.
  9. Erssoli New Member

Omg, 24 hours??? I am going to end up in a prom dress with pantyhose on my head if it takes that long!
    Schmetterling likes this.
  10. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Pictures, or it didn't happen.
  11. Monkpunk New Member

Yeah, that is the exact reason to have a quality product out there so people stay!
    F4u5t60tt35 likes this.
  12. Luciano Member

Not sure how about you guys, but here is forbidden to leave house. I am going to dark corner, I will kneel down and pray for shorter downtime for Skyfire .......
  13. Reckless New Member

@Luciano dont be a slave and go outside....they are not God!
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Well... Uh Skyfire is up so.
  15. Heresford Active Member

Oh, the consternation. ;)

I'm a database administrator. I've done many successful database migrations. It didn't seem to me that this would necessarily take 24 hours, but I have no idea what database engine sits on the backend.

When you do this sort of thing, there are all manner of services that have to be taken down first. Then there's the physical migration, testing the database health, QA validation, service validation, etc. There are touchpoints throughout the process, and if issues are encountered, they have to be triaged to determine whether they can be fixed or if a rollback has to occur.

Depending on the setup, the rollback can be as complex and time-consuming as the migration itself, and has to be validated and tested before bringing the services back on-line to the general public.

The migration timeline has to bake in enough time to perform a full rollout, troubleshooting, and a rollback in case there isn't a recoverability path that can be accomplished within the agreed upon timeline.

So you plan ahead for all the time you'll possibly need whether things go smoothly or go completely sideways.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  16. ianiention New Member

i'm on Thurgadin and the difference is fantastic, fast zoning, no crashes, game itself feels quicker. Well done, very nice to have some good news :)
    Breanna, dreamweaver and Whilhelmina like this.
  17. Zylara Well-Known Member

The fact that this has already been going for nearly a week already personally i wouldnt complain about losing 1 day, they didnt HAVE to give us the bonus at all, they were actually being very gebnerous in this and as stated just above the 24 hr downtime may not even take the whole day so you may still get in on time for the last day (or not)![/quote]

I am not complaining about the down time or even how long it is taking. It needs to be done. What I am complaining about is the fact we are going to lose close to a day of a status bonus. Yes they did not have to give a bonus but they did and every server this bonus was for should get the same amount of time.[/quote]

The other servers lost their time just over a day ago so it HAS worked out the same for all
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Heresford Active Member

Halls of Fate is currently up. Initial responsiveness seems to be pretty quick.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok they are all back up.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yup they all came up with Thurgadin being last around 230 PDT!
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.