Server Maintenance and DB Downtime Round 1 - March 24, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 23, 2020.

1. DemonNfrendz New Member

They've given a week or so notice for this database migration, in addition to rolling out some exp bonuses last week up through after this downtime. There really is no appeasing some of you - give notice, complain. Give no notice, complain. The staff may have their hands tied to say things like this, but perhaps you can clean up some of the empty fast food containers and dishes from your gaming area during the downtime, just a thought.
    Cassta, draidean, Marae and 3 others like this.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Thank you for the Harvest Levels!!!!!!!!!

The Whine is strong on this thread.
    Cassta, draidean, Whilhelmina and 7 others like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I love the people who whine they want a credit. Lets see to make things simple lets round things. So $15.00 per month is .50 cents a day. Are you really going to whine for that .50 cents? Never mind silly question of course you are.
    Cassta, draidean, Rosyposy and 7 others like this.
  4. Carribea Active Member

Dreamweaver could we get an extension for the double XP please and thank you :)
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

There is not going to be one, but we are going to announce another set of bonuses.
    Cassta, draidean, Prox and 7 others like this.
  6. Carribea Active Member

awesome thank you :)
    Cassta, Breanna, Marae and 2 others like this.
  7. Marae Well-Known Member

I for one am grateful for everything this game and the people running it are doing for us. The bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you for gifting us with them.
  8. Toryi Member

Thank you so much for the harvest levels! I have played since launch and never realized how much I appreciated them!! Thanks for all you do!
  9. Inarie New Member

Well, it didnt even take 12 hours, so Im happy. Thank you guys!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was that from the database migration or today's regular maintenance thing for all servers? :D

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers
    Cassta, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Hallelujah for the levels coming back on the harvestables thank you so very much .
    Cassta, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It was today?! :D Amen! :D

Uwk
  13. Narumbi New Member

Has anyone used the server transfer token since the maintenance? It says the use of the token has been disabled.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gah! Usually, even if you're trying to transfer to an "illegal" one (like, oh, say, Public Test, or anything that isn't the 5 Live [US and EU]), it'll at least get that far... :-/

Uwk
    who can't even get IN these days, not to any US server, not to Public Test, not to Thurgadin (both of which were not slated to go on the migration block yet/if ever); just getting tons of error messages and no satisfaction :-/
  15. dorotea Well-Known Member

They have apparently disabled transfers at least until the maintenance is completed. Very likely because of compatability issues between the improved servers and the unimproved servers. Transfers seem to have been removed from the store at least for the duration.
    Cassta, Cyrrena and dreamweaver like this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

They are gone for the time being Dorotea is correct. They'll be back though.
  17. Enimo New Member

Couldn't of said it better myself.. Put the evercrack pipe down you'll be fine.. Also, i do IT work for a living.. I work with SQL databases, which is what they are talking about here.. This is not an easy task or quick. It does take lots of planning to get things right.
    Cassta, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  18. dorotea Well-Known Member

>They are gone for the time being Dorotea is correct. They'll be back though.<

Having lived through this in LOTRO it was obvious why the transfers suddenly disappeared from the store. I am glad they are coming back. They did not come back in LOTRO which annoyed many people enormously because they had been keeping things on multiple servers assuming that if LOTRO ever killed the service we would at least get some advance notice - which was not the case.
    It wasn't the main reason I left and came here a few months ago but if they had treated the players with more respect I might still be there. For the record I'm referring to Standing Stone Games not Daybreak which had become the publisher a bit earlier.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  19. draidean Well-Known Member

Wow what was that only like 7 workday hours? Nice job!!! And thank you for fixing the harvests!!!!!
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It took about 7 hours for the migration.
    Cassta, draidean and Breanna like this.