Database Migration Downtime Notification

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hundreds of years. Potatoes are native to the New World. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Faelynn Active Member

Freeport no longer exists - it merged into Skyfire. Downtime for that starts 3/26.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

You're perhaps, something incorrectly remembered when (if) you were in Russia. They make vodka from wood shavings, and they are eating potatoes (apparently it's main food since from the time of Peter Alexeyevich). Moreover, medical alcohol (ethanol) is also make from potatoes, diluting it with water, and used instead of vodka when that one made from sawdust ends in order to dilute mashed potatoes. However, it's also used for disinfection. Imposed traditions. And ever after they got lot of cars appeared, then they were forbidden to drive while drunk, use of vodka decreased visibly and they began to throw gloomy looks up toward America more often.. It should also be noted that by real recipes, vodka in Russia produced before revolution (of course without potatoes. For this, cereals were used). All that after - is no longer drinks traditional for Russia
  4. Juok Member

Is this still officially going to happen? With everyone confined to homes I would like an official DBG note as to whether or not downtime is still happening?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

My hubby got 2 renames for his characters from a server merge awhile back. His Ogre has retained the name of Gorlokz instead of just Gorelok; but Niknakzzz was too crazy for his Wood Elf assassin so he's back to Niknakz.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yes, this is still happening.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And tell the devs: thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for returning our harvested materials information to us! :D

["the world" in this case = Norrath ;->]

Cy, we can call off the tar and feather production...yeah, I know the tar for the torches was a good second usage, but we ought to save all that for RL toilet paper (and other products that can't really be substituted for :-/) hoarders. ;->

Uwk
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

About 2 hours ago, Skyfire and these forums were unavailable. Forums said database issue.

Lets see Maj'Dul and Skyfire were both unavailable. One said down and the other was locked. This was about 7:30 AM PDT.

Since Skyfire is now available, I'll try and game.

Oh, my internet, and cell phone connectivity, was flaking out from afternoon into the night on Monday. Looks like more and more people are spending time online.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

All the servers were down because it's Tuesday. All the servers but Antonia Bayle, Drunder, Isle of Refuge, Kaladim, and Maj’Dul should be up by now, since it's after 9 am PDT.

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes we will save everything we can for RL Bog Roll production, the tar will be saved for torches, and the feathers for bedrolls and pillows!!
    Breanna and draidean like this.
  11. Gwynmara New Member

Does anyone know how long the marketplace will be down? I wanted to purchase another char slot to be able to play on one of the servers that is up/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. adaria Member

I went to log in and all my toons are missing including the ones on servers that are supposedly up
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Shokadezz New Member

I know there's a database transfer going on right now, would that explain why nearly all of my characters are missing when I log in right now?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's possible depending on the server they are on. Several players that mentioned this issue saw it solved on a relog.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's going to be intermittent during the maintenance.
  16. Prox Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us updated
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Shokadezz like this.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Please explain why this is being done on the last day of the ChronoPortals? The event is too short as it is. Is there any way the ChronoPortal event can be extended one day? Those fabled versions that are needed for the deed take soooooo long, and I fear it won't be possible to finish the deed this year on Skyfire. :(
  18. Abasinolanam Active Member

I guess I didn't pay attention to when this was originally announced. I had missed the downtime was 24 hours. Yikes.... just... yikes.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Luky Joe Kokomo New Member

It's probably wrong that I envisioned you slowly putting your Floglok finger over his mouth in a shushing motion while saying that, lol...
    Cyrrena, draidean and Prox like this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's possible.
    Cyrrena, draidean and Breanna like this.