Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Too hot to wear, tied around the waist? ;)
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[query] The older cloaks/belts from the patchcraft are heirloom - these are no-trade. Is that intended?
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Might want to move a bit the patchcraft at 522, 35, 127 in Wracklands. It spawns at the exact same place the "Will of the Wracklands" drops us off. It was a bit weird to get jumped by a Zelniak on zone in.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me neither...not until the sale in September. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gad, I hate that. For the longest time, I couldn't complete the "get the Hero Brew from the minotaur in Enchanted Lands" bit until my toons were all level 30+ and could use the various totems and other items for Stealth, since the bloody blasted crawling eye things (3^, Heroic, "for the gods' sakes, don't even THINK about getting within visual range of this thing or it will slaughter you in one blow") were way too close to the minotaur area, even the horse travel station, in their pathing (the gobboes on the other side aren't much wimpier, but they are farther back. Riding a travel horse from the Docks to the Goblin area station, you have to be careful with your timing when you dismount by the minotaur, but at least it can be done now). :-/

Thank goodness that was dealt with a long time back, but I still remember that ("Game over, man! GAME OVER!!" "Uwk, Uwk! It's okay; wake up!"); it's distressing to think that apparently the folks who do the critter pathing and the ones who do the "you emerge here" zoning type stuff don't seem to talk to each other. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Tbh, this is mobs spawning at your level, and you don't really need to use the "Will of the Wracklands" except if you're adventuring in the zone (not even sure you can buy it as a tradeskiller before the end of the TS timeline, at which point harvesting is easier in the Blinding if you're too low level and badly geared to survive those zones). It probably won't kill anybody, it's just weird to spawn on an aggro mob in a safe zone.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which should not happen, period, no matter what. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Huh. I am checking on that. Thank you!

Update!

Yeah, it was intentional that these are No-Trade.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a few changes made, internally, to the Bristlebane Day event:
    • Belt of the Fraud – Item name now matches icon and equipment slot.
    • Cloak of the Fraud – Item name now matches icon and equipment slot.
    • Belt of the Pretender – Item name now matches icon and equipment slot.
    • Cloak of the Pretender – Item name now matches icon and equipment slot.
    • Moved possible Patchcraft spawn point away from the Will of the Wracklands teleportation spot.
    Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know it's way too late for this, this year, but please, in the future for Bristlebane events, can we please get the d4s (usually listed as "_______ Stone of Arneson") done properly? If you look at a real, physical d4 (those sharp-pointed, triangle-based pyramids) from those funky dice sets from the pencil/paper/book-based RPGs, you'll see that the faces all have the actual number you rolled at the top, all the way around: if you rolled a 4, for instance, a 4 will be at the top point all the way around, regardless of what else is going on with the rest of that face:

[IMG]

Or at the bottom, for those even more confusing dice:

[IMG]

The ones we get from poor Imenand are all messed up:

[IMG]

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Whilhelmina like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't be such a perfectionist Uwkete , Bristlebane is a Chaot , he follows no reasonable rules .
    Kaitheel, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmpf...excuses, excuses... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  14. daicia Well-Known Member

Just popping in to say thanks for noting which quests are repeatable! I'm late with all the chaos going on, but finally updated the wiki!
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you for leaving the lower level rewards ( level 95) in the lower level zones , that way I finally got one of those nice looking cloaks .
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of lower levels, can I make a request to whichever dev is cosplaying Bristlebane? Can we please, pretty please with jum-jum frosting, NOT HAVE THE STUPID PATCHWORK CRAP SO CLOSE TO A QUEST-GIVER?! :mad: I want to talk to the man, not have to do three fights in a row every time I need to do so (get to the guy, talk to the guy, do what he wants, return, etc.)! Seriously, this is infuriating. >:-/ Can't even pull-n-kite the damn thing away, since it's "not a target" until it starts chewing on me (which I've always detested. Bye-bye any first strike ranged attacks of any sort [for soloing squishy cloth-wearers, this is a must], or Stealth, or...). >:-/

Coords: Antonica, -101, -19, 47

Uwk
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

patience my Padua they already said they will fix it .
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't think that was the one they were focussing on; this is a different one, with different coords. The other one was the critter lunging for your jugular 3x the minute you zoned in. At least there, you're not dealing with nerfed equipment. :-/ This is for an ordinary quest-giver.

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

where are the Patchcraft rabbits ?
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol today the patchcraft goblin dropped a pair of legendary boots for me , level 10.