California's "shelter-in-place" to affect Darkpaw Games?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I hope the servers will stay up by themselves! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Obano like this.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

I asked this question a few days ago but what is going to happen to EQ2 if the employees can't get to work because of a lock down. The servers can probably say up for a few days on their own with nobody watching them but after that who knows. Maybe someone will still go into work for restarts. Whatever happens be safe out there.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The servers will all be accessible virtually.... and will be sat in a Data Centre which will likely retain an on-site prescence anyway. You may as well ask this question of everything hosted on the internet...
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if most, if not all, Darkpaw employees had at least some limited capacity to work remotely. It's certainly not going to speed things up, but I doubt it will have that much of a perceivable difference. And the servers are all managed remotely anyway. It's not like someone literally goes to a huge server rack and inserts a floppy disk/flips a switch any time the game servers need patching or rebooting.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! :D

Or even big reel-to-reel magnetic tape drums/discs/whatever they were called? ;->

[IMG]

Uwk
    Mountbatten and Breanna like this.
  6. Cravaro Active Member

Someone has to stay there! Who will feed the hamsters?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Erudinel like this.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

This is an exclusive image from yesterday when they were patching the EQ2 servers:

[IMG]
  8. Cravaro Active Member

Patch day at Darkpaw?

[IMG]
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Staff instructed
    [IMG]
  10. Bunji Developer

We're still working remotely ;)
  11. quisling Well-Known Member

Remotely working, you mean?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. DreadRoberts Active Member

I shall be working aloofly.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!! :D

My hubby remembers when his school still needed punch cards... :eek::p:D:confused:

Uwk
    DreadRoberts and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/giggle_maniacally

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's The Archaic? Is that anything like The Architect in The Matrix (movies, not to be confused with either The Architect in the Doctor Who episode "Time Heist," nor The Matrix on Gallifrey, the Time Lord archive repository, which was mentioned in the old episodes years, if not decades, before anyone had the ideas for the movies)? ;->

Uwk
  16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Warning: if you don't have strong nerves and stable condition of health, then you should not click on link below! "Nothing at all is known about them except that their power is absolute, appearing in several Archaic records" (https://penumbra.fandom.com/wiki/Archaic) [shrugs] just screenshot came in useful..