Not sure if this is a bug...re: the new 110 Tokens

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I haven't used the 110 Adventurer Tokens yet, but I Tokened up a few of my under-max level already "lowbees." One of them went from mere double-digits up to 110, including all the points for Tradeskill Prestige trees, or so I thought. At first, I thought it was something more I had to do to "unlock" those for her, since I had pre-placed 5 points in Seasoned Harvesting (that increases Rare chances and gets you Track Harvestables) and the one point needed in Summon Artisan's Gathering Goblin. Even though I ostensibly now have the levels, points, etc. to have them show up in my hotbars (which aren't even remotely filled; she's only a level 47 Coercer), none of them have until I put a point into Summon Crafting Stations. The instant I did, the Crafting Station icons started showing up left and right, cluttering up my hotbars something fierce until I set a bar aside just for things like that. ;->

Now, I currently have all 10 hotbars open, and I'm looking all over the place for the lovely pick-axe, indicating that I can, indeed, now find nodes without resorting to a Gnomish Divining Rod, as well as looking for the lovely Goblin icon, indicating I can order him about to fetch me stuff. Not finding them anywhere. I never had to place them before, it was always automatic before, and I'm not even seeing the pick and gobbo in my Knowledge book anywhere. :-/

What am I doing wrong? What else do I have to unlock to get my pick-swingin' gobbo unleashed (and no, I haven't done that thing where you swap out your gobbo for a house plant. Good heavens, she's only level 47, and only 110 due to an official twink ;->)? Or is this an actual bug I should be officially reporting? :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Aha. There's your problem, Uwkete. Simply go into your AA window, change like one thing, and re-save the AA set with a different name. The abilities you are after should appear after you save and commit. It's annoying and yes it's a bug of sorts, but easily circumvented.
    The abilities SHOULD appear in the abilities tab of your knowledge window (default keypress is K).
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks, I'll try that. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks, Leeroy! That worked! :D

And yes, it is stupid, but at least the workaround was effective. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, more feedback; I finally tried the level 110 Adventurer Token we were given on one of my Testers, kicking him up from 78 to 110. There was a help window thing that popped up, like you'd get if you hit the tiny ? button, and it went into some detail about what to expect, including a Knapsack or a Crate or a whatever that would show up in our inventory, including a new mount, new food, new drink, new this, new that, new equipment, new etc. So far, I've seen no evidence of said Crate or Knapsack or whatever auto-magically showing up in my Inventory, nor in my /claim window, and now all my level 70 and 72 stuff is woefully inadequate for the job of protecting me and smiting my enemies. Shouldn't my spells and combat abilities also auto-magically upgrade to my current level? Am I doing something wrong? :-/

When I created my "level 100s from scratch" toons on Test and went to Finch to get the unlocking Tokens for them, I was showered with just about everything right off the bat, very obviously, and I didn't even have to go to any entry point for an expansion to get my gear, mount, food/drink, etc.; it was just there, which was refreshing. :-/

EDIT: Okay, there's my new spells: hiding in the "K" window still, I have to place them, which is fine; at least they're there. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That did indeed work for my gobbo and tracking of harvestables (thanks again for that advice!) but didn't do anything for my other complaint with these 110 level Tokens...when we had Finch's services available to us for level 100 Tokens, when they were used to kick, say, a level 47th crafter up to level 100, they got maxxed out in everything: their primary crafting skill (up to 500), their secondary crafting skills, as much as possible, given the limits; tertiary, ditto; and the Secondary Tradeskills of adorning, experimentation, and tinkering were cranked up to 500/500. Later, these Finch Tokened characters used the 110 Tradeskill Token and got their limits increased to 550 for the primary craft skills, and 550 for the Secondary Tradeskills, with those kicking up to max, 550/550.

Perhaps I'd made a mistake with another crafter on Test, whom I worked my aching wrist to the bones getting her up the "honest" way to crafting level 100, then trying to use a gifted level 110 Tradeskill Token on her. As a Carpenter, her primary crafting skill is Sculpting; that was maxxed. Her secondaries, Artistry and Fletching, were as high as they could go, even though she hadn't used them much for eons. The tertiary skills for Outfitters and Scholars were maxxed in their categories. Experimentation was maxxed in the Secondary Tradeskill category, but neither Adorning nor Tinkering had budged from their original levels, though their potential max values had been raised to 550 (well, max +20 for all of them, what with my AA twinking, but you get the idea).

Why max everything else but Adorning and Tinkering? If this is a bug, how do we fix it or work around it? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Breanna like this.