Harvest nodes bugged?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tinkrbelle, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Tinkrbelle Active Member

Yesterday I was harvesting in TS, nodes were respawning as norm, lots of nodes to be had. Today...almost nothing.

oops nm, must have logged in right behind someone who cleared the zone, stuff seems to be spawning again as norm.
    Semperfifofum and Cyrrena like this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I hope that Dark Paw Studios is going to see their way clear to labeling the Level of the Harvestable Resources again. Please fix whatever it was that didn't match up which was the EXCUSE given for taking the harvesting levels away from us. Having the level of a resource show in the depot boxes doesn't help any when you are out of that resource and want to know WHERE to go quickly to harvest a resource you need that maybe is too expensive on the Marketplace to buy. Really please,devs - we NEED this.

In meantime until Daybreak/Dark Paw decides to throw us this bone necessary for successful harvesting for Crafting, on Skyfire Server my Monk Character Lettiah has written a resources book, Harvestables Tier 1 - 13 that is available for sale for 50 Platinum. The price is due to the labor involved in putting the resource book together. She is now working on an Areas of Resources Book to add to the aide in Harvesting/Crafting.

PLEASE EQ2 DEVS, PLEASE be kind and friendly to Players again and give us back the Harvesting Levels. What kind of job or game would you have without us?
  3. Gninja Developer

We are working on a solution to that. We do not want to add the text manually on each one because that just causes a lot more work each time we make new ones. We are aware its difficult currently to tell them apart aside from within the depot and we are working on a solution for it but I have no time table for when it will be completed.
  4. Laita Well-Known Member

Fix rare harvest chance while you are at it... right now this seems to only be applied to roots... I can harvest 100 rare roots but in the same time period might be lucky to get 2-3 rares from other types of nodes...
    Daxdd likes this.
  5. Gninja Developer

Hmm, I haven't seen that but will look into it when I get a chance.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thank you! Thank You!! THANK YOU!!! We will be forever grateful if you guys figure a way.
    Marae likes this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the ease of getting root rares was because:

1. It's part of the crafting questline that you have to harvest a rare root.

2. When seeking shadow harvests for those recipes that can take "any shadowed rare harvest" it's good to have a root node staked out.

I'm not sure it was a bug, it might've been intended.
  8. Laita Well-Known Member

I get that there are probably more root nodes... but that's not the issue... 1:1 node for node there is a huge discrepancy in rare accumulation... harvest 50 root nodes and then 50 fish (just an example).. you'll have 10-20x more roots rares than fish rares every single time. Not sure if it's just BOL or the entire system (I don't really harvest past tiers)… this has been mentioned in the crafting forums many times
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Wait, what actual problem does this cause? Many recipes say "any rare Luclin harvest" and you can choose which rare, so just choose roots. What's the issue?

Also, about "so few metals" that's been that way since the start. Metals are hard to mine. You have to focus on just that to get a good crop. Would be a design change to change that. (Try to get metals out of Zek while on level and fighting those orcs!)
  11. Laita Well-Known Member

It causes lots of problems. For every recipe that says 'any rare' there are dozens that require specifics... lets see, just to name a couple... how about EVERY expert spell and I'd say EVERY food/drink, ok there's only 1 good one of each but still requires specific rares… EVERY mastercrafted fabled requires specific rares (yeah they suck, but maybe one day DBG will fix them) also.. if trying to break down mastercrafted for fuels to create mastercrafted fabled/mount gear/etc, then a bunch of rare roots aren't going to get you anything, you actually need the rare wood, pelts, ores, metals, etc to crafted the MC items... To say it isn't an issue in nonsense...
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

That's unnecessary. I only asked what the issue was. I didn't say it wasn't. Sounds like the problem is the breakdown requirement for lunar material. A person just needs too many rares to do that, I think.

However, Voidpiercer's Cowl of Endurance (just one example, level 114 Tailor) requires 2 Jumping Creeper. Mass produce a bunch of them? Any cloth armor should use Jumping Creeper, if it doesn't then that's a bug.
  13. Laita Well-Known Member

I apologize if I sounded combative there, wasn't my intent, I just don't appreciate the minimization of the issue, which is how I interpreted your statement. It's great the Tailors have a use for roots... doesn't mean the obvious issue/bug shouldn't be addressed so Sages, Woodworkers, Armorsmiths, Weaponsmiths, Alchemists, Provisioners, Carpenters and Jewelers can take advantage of the rare % that they have geared up for.

And it's not just for breaking down, every one of those classes in their advances/shadow/empyral books requires specific rares.. again, sorry if I sounded combative, wasn't my intent, but there IS an issue with rare harvesting, the calculations between roots and all other nodes are not the same, the rare chance isn't being applied across the board.