Database Migration Downtime Notification

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Mar 17, 2020.

1. That guy. Well-Known Member

And when there's absolutely no change or improvement after this?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Alexstrasza Active Member

can you say this in english?
    Siren likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This is not a server merge and there is not a planned server merge.
    Siren, Marae, LilitheEQ2 and 5 others like this.
  4. Adene Member

Maybe someone mentally merged EQ's server merges with our downtime?

Also, since this week was reset week, next week would be patch week, I think? Will there be a patch with the database migration?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Leibnitz Member

Have you tested this process? I haven't noticed any announcement of 24hrs downtime on the test server.

Please publish your findings on the improvements you have calculated.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Nilka Member

I have been so frustrated with EQ2 and the "fixes" that do not fix anything. But I am trying to look at this as a positive and am glad to see a spark of light wayyyyyy at the end of the tunnel. I sincerely hope this downtime is worth it <looks at the Devs with hopeful eyes>.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yes. Fresh air. There are even medical experts recommending people GO OUTSIDE (gasp! The horror!), as long as they maintain a 6' clearance around themselves, because y'know, fresh, open, large expanses of air might actually be good for us, once in awhile (hmm; well, maybe not so much here in L.A.-La Land when there's a smog alert...). ;->

That being said, criminellies, people, it's ONLY 24 HOURS. Chill, find something else to do for a bit. There are other things to do on a computer; there's TV to watch (well, okay, videos/DVDs/Blu-Rays); there's -- gasp! -- BOOKS to read, and you only have to be awake for 16 of those 24 hours! :)

Uwk
    draidean, Siren, Marae and 5 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's not too bad; I've got 26 toons on Thurgadin, and I know we'll be losing a good 7 hours there from the start, but we do have the rest of the days of the event to catch up...if it was on 1 April, then I'd get really annoyed. :-/

Uwk
    who's glad they're doing this before April 1st...
    Baphmistra, Marae, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Krupnik Member

You sure you're a ratonga? You don't half have a goblin accent :)
  10. Zylara Well-Known Member

Am looking forward to a break and getting caught up on a few books, I should be able to get 2 or 3 done in that time or actually do some housework (NAHHHHH) but seriously people chill, take a break, look outside at the clouds, talk to your animals (kids included), spend sometime with significant others or continue to whine and complain about something you cant change, your choice!
  11. Seth Well-Known Member

only taken 3 years.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Calm down people , progress hurts .

I noticed Dreamweaver and changed my post.
    I just remembered they were down for a day already .
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Thurgadin was a server migration this is a tad bit different which is why you're included in the new downtime as well.

I also removed the posts that were starting to become personal attacks and beer wildly off topic.
  14. Grumpy99 New Member

I'll drink to that!
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

This is what happens when I try to moderate from my phone while waiting for my computer to reboot.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame you one bit if "beer" was intentional!!!

Thank you all for trying to make our play experience better no matter what anybody says. I would say something else but then you might have to moderate me.
  17. Bhayar Well-Known Member

He moderates me on occasion which I think makes some people beery happy. You know, Dream, you just ain't gonna live this one down, haha, although I do think it was more a Freudian slip.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I do enjoy a good breakfast beer when I am not working.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Does that have eggs and bacon?
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Nope, it's just beer. I put breakfast in front of it to justify drinking it before noon.