Overseer Hijinx

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Juok, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Juok Member

I have been a paying member of this community for many years and a crafting and raid enthusiast especially. I am disappointed by Daybreak's lack of response to empty crates being rewarded for Overseer missions. This is only way that I have seen any of the Shadowed or Empyral recipe books. That is totally unacceptable that you only get 10 missions a day and 4 of the 10 so far today had no reward what so ever. Being a paying member of this game I would expect to be able to access ALL content by doing what needs to be done to get experience hallmarks to EARN things like recipes. Not be a fundummy sitting waiting on quests that will laugh at you when you turn them in saying HEY YOU GOT TWO CHESTS! And when you open them there is absolutley nothing there. A waste of time and resources. /Bug and / Petitions get laughed at I am certain. This is unacceptable as a consumer of this product I would ask all members of the Norrathian community to voice your opinion on this issue here and then maybe something will be dont to correct the lack of recipes available to the community. My tradeskill apprentices have been absolutle worthless since AoM and I paid for those too.
    Jrox, Lateana, Laita and 4 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

My understanding is that in a recent patch, if you already had the reward (like an Overseer mission), you wouldn't see it again. This may be what your are experiencing. Frankly, there should be a system in place that rewards you something in those situations. You should never walk away with nothing.
  3. Jaysuit Member

The spell recipe book situation is beyond laughable. The expac is 3 months old and I haven’t seen one sage book yet.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact I’ll be running the whole expansion with previous tiers spells. I say laughable but it’s actually incredibly frustrating.
    Lateana, Laita, Svenone and 2 others like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Trust me when I say, I feel your pain. Doesn't matter whether it's the sage spells, the provisioner one, or the host of others no one sees except on someone else. That's why this system is a fail in my book. Players shouldn't have to rely on a failed RNG system for loot that's fundamental to bettering themselves in a game.

Put another way, let's take the current system of RNG (attached to the loot tables) for all DBG employees and their paychecks are tied to it. So, for every pay period, checks in varying amounts show up (or don't) for their work. How long do you think such a system would last? So, if you're an employee, if you think such a system is ridiculous, why do you think it's okay to foist that same system on players?

I get some people will argue, that there's a difference between real life and a "game," but let me assure you that some people are putting in a lot of time and effort and 3 months after the xpac, still don't have anything to show for it. So if it's good for the goose, it should be good for the gander.
    Jrox, Lateana and Rhodris like this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I wrote a post today about the same type of issue. I paid for the overseer feature but I'm being denied full use of it unless I sub which I find totally unacceptable as that was not mentioned in the advertisement of BoL. I have had so much disappointment with this feature that I doubt I'll ever buy a more expensive xpac again unless I'm absolutely sure of what I'm getting.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

3 with no reward today. Shame they can't put as much time into fixing bugs, as they do adding more to the cash shop.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

The time spent on the Overseer system is time not spend on crafting and other engaging content !
  8. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Dev time i meant
  9. Jaysuit Member

It's a feature of the game and should work properly and fairly.

If it requires Devs time for this to happen so be it.
  10. Seth Well-Known Member

EQ2 pretty much is going the way of archeage and aion, removing loyal players by driving the game so far into the dirt only the people who pay incredible amounts will flourish. It's pretty simple and a quite easy concept to understand, EQ2 sucks atm, devs dont care, or at least they dont show it. What happened to that letter that said they will be more open with us, absolute joke.

Best part is we dont even know what they are doing / working on, because for all we know they could be watching simpsons and eating popadoms with our cash, instead of fixing proper issues. and im sorry to tell you this but the Overseer feature is trash it should not have been implemented and i am glad that i am not seeing anything done with it. because the 1% of 100% they are putting in is actually going towards updating level 5 items. i mean 120 using level 5 items. #pogchamp.

Can we even move onto the gem system? Why do I / We have to grind weeks to open a pattern we got on launch like excuse me, sure it's account wide once u done it, but u really think it's " alt - friendly ? " Lul Step 1. buy premium. Step 2. Grind for two weeks. Step 3. go die in heroics. Step 4. kill broken raid mobs. Step 5. COBALT CRATE new mount say whuut? better than a premium collectors, ooooh shiney. Then again cobalt was around last expact too so you spent what an extra 100 on unneeded barding slots, random familiar leveling stuff and a merc booster. Awesome! ah wait that's if you where lucky, ya know what, just have these pair of 5 booties that are blue and lets call it a day shall we.

Overall and in summary SOE was better always will be for the simple fact is, DBG are like a shadow, maybe one day the light will shine in Norrath again.

Until then... you just have to put up with every stupid decision they make like removing harvesting levels. MonkaS.

" Hey im a new player and i want to start crafting " oh i need to go and collect this root.. Okay awesome "
    " Finds a root " "Oh it's not the right one where do i need to go to get this"
    " Ask's support in a ticket " Hi noob just buy one of the harvesting boxes on our Marketplace for a little dosh "
    New player: Quits.

ITS OKAY THOUGH PEOPLE ! HOLLY ESTIMATED THE GAME WOULD LAST AT LEAST 10 MORE YEARS.

ah she left a few months later. #oof.

" Left " Quotation marks.

If the game is so great holly why move on to different things.
    Jrox, Lateana and Rhodris like this.
  11. Bunji Developer

We are actively investigating and working on fixes related to empty reward crates. We have been able to reproduce the issue.
    Siren, Carynn, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  12. Pizac Member

I totally agree with everything here. I have played this game with 2 accounts since Kingdom of the Sky was released. Last week I cancelled one All Access account and i'm seriously thinking about cancelling the second..

So disappointed with the expansion.

RIP the EQ2 I joined :(
    Jrox likes this.
  13. Elkana Active Member

Bunji, I want to thank you so much for appearing on the forums to let us know that you guys have seen this. Also that you guys are working on something for it. Greatly appreciated.
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  14. Laita Well-Known Member

It's in the update notes that were just posted... will see if this actually fixes it... honestly, I'd love to see a rework of all the overseer rewards... so tired of having to delete all these pointless potions, agents I already have, common crafted gear, etc... yeah, occasionally a VIII recipe book drops and that's amazing... but 99.9% of the time it's just /destroy
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Bunji Developer

There are more fixes for this coming Thursday.
    Siren, Hiza, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  16. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

At this point in the expansion, is there harm in increasing the drop rate of the crafting books from overseer? I've been playing non-stop, using my 2.5-5 hour quests, 10 a day, (plus doing crafting missions, and buying the chest twice a day in Seru) and I have found Empyral Jeweler 11 and 12 only, and only a handful of the regular jeweler books to make adepts (had to buy the rest) and there is still (on AB) no experts available for scouts for certain level ranges because the books just aren't dropping. I kind of understand gating at the beginning, but this far in it is frustrating. 9/10 times if I get a crafting book it's an outfitter book which is beyond useless and sells on the broker for less than the book is worth to a vendor due to the fact that MC is not worth it to craft (a whole other issue).
    Jaeded, Udonn, chattie and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tangris Well-Known Member

^ THIS, so much this!
    Jaeded and chattie like this.
  18. chattie Well-Known Member

I just collected my reward from a 10 HOUR CHEST. Now wait for it....I received an Empyral Standard Ability Mod Infuser :rolleyes: it has a 20% chance to increase my Ability Mod. Lmao...really? 10 hours for this? I stand in disgust at the meager rewards that we, the faithful, continually find.:mad:
    Rhodris likes this.
  19. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Thank you
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

I did a 10 hour mission and got a bonus chest. In the first chest I got potions and in the bonus chest yep you guessed it potions again LOL