Mistress of the Veil

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Seth, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Seth Well-Known Member

B.R.O.K.E..N.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It can be upsetting when mobs are not working properly.
    It would probably be easier to find the issue if you gave a bit more info on what you are seeing as broken. Does it spawn? Is it not taking damage? Are you not allowed into the zone? that's just a quick list, I've not been in a raid(I think it was a raid mob?) to even think of the mechanics of it to come up with more questions. Good luck!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Seth Well-Known Member

They know it's already broken and are not working on it, so it's just a healthy reminder that mobs lives matter.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Then you wasted your time posting here. You need to explain what is happening, and what steps to take to reproduce it. Otherwise no one can help you.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Seth Well-Known Member

not really only fact of explaining it here would be for your understandal not theirs.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Chrexx Active Member

This isn't helpful. If you can't even describe what the issue is, then what was the point of posting it here?
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Tetley Member

The problem being referred to the Mistress' AoE (Rain of Thistles) which is destroying raids. The Named is killable but it can be messy. There has been some debate on weather the casting can be interrupted or not. My opinion is it can't, atleast not with all interrupting abilities, maybe only certain ones. Every class has an ability or 2 they can try using to interrupt the spell but the AoE is kinda fast casting so it maybe hard to get your interrupt ability off in time. I've never seen her stop the ability from casting once it has begun but I think you can throw her timing off by interrupting everything else. Which is what is seemingly happening to Mayong and Wuoshi with there respective AoE's. The Mistress has some other abilities which can be interrupted and I think by interrupting all those other abilities you can buy yourself extra time between when she does cast again. What I suggest you try is: If your raid healers can keep your Tank alive with all the encounter on him for a long duration then burn the Mistress first and let the adds die to AoE damage. AoE avoid on incoming and have the classes with AoE avoids know when to cast those abilities. Bladedance, T-Shell, Swashy avoid, and Ethereal Signet. With everybody in raid trying to interrupt the crap out of her (especially when RoT is coming), T-swipe and some well timed death prevent spells you'll get her down. Some people even suggest to try moving her when her cast is due to break her cast, which i'm not sure works.
    Like I said it can be messy but it is very killable.
    Goodluck
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

The problem is rain of thistles never did this and it is not that bosses primary function.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Gninja Developer

Thank you for the clarification.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Chrexx Active Member

Gninja, 9 guilds have killed this mob. It is not broken.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Llllllllisa New Member

Can confirm...not broken just requires using brain power.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The mob is not broken.

Searing Moon is interrupt-able, we did it for half an hour on Matron last expansion. Keep your rogue on the name to ensure it interrupts the mob, every spell they cast. This mob is basically a direct copy of Matron but without the generic adds, and the mem wipe. It's 100% killable, you just need to properly time avoids and understand how to stand back and debuff the mob.

As a suggestion on how to kill it: Use the Troubadour Arcane raidwide buff, use Porcupine on the AoE, time tshells, use Templar Shield of Faith etc. etc.

We were able to tank the AoE last expansion with significantly less resists/HP/gear/buffs just by making sure arcane resists were up and so was porcupine. Meaning we Wisdom debuffed it (without a Defiler's), and just ranged it and lived.

If you are still unable to do this fight I would suggest slapping resists onto your gear.

[IMG]

This is our incoming damage with no troub raid wide buff, and porcupine. If we had done this mob like we did matron and made sure every group enchanter had its arcane/power buff up the damage would be much more insignificant.

I'm pretty sure we could stack resists adorns and watch this mob hit for 5k. When we first killed Matron we stacked three troubs and three furies because the buffs were improperly stacking and watched Matron do close to nothing damage wise.

If these suggestions don't help you, feel free to reach out to me.
    Cyrrena and Whilhelmina like this.
  13. Llllllllisa New Member

Adon4president2020
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Seth Well-Known Member

we time tshells, using correct resist buffs etc but our incoming damage does not look like that when it comes to rain of thistles. it's dealing maybe 3-4x that
  15. Seth Well-Known Member

for a boss that has that, and it not even be the primary feature of the boss is pretty rediculous
  16. Cviidar New Member

I don't know whether this fight is broken or not. My guild has killed it several times (and wiped to it even more), but I do think its the hardest fight in the zone. Once you get past the Mistress the rest of the named, including Woushi, are pretty easy in comparison.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sanctuary killed her tonight.
  18. Cviidar New Member

Congratulations, Sanctuary. You'll find the rest of the zone to be easier in comparison. Its not really an issue of whether the Mistress of the Veil can be killed or not, because it obviously can, but where it currently sits in the progression is intended. If its intended to be a gateway mob, I would say, yes it is. If not, it may need some tuning. This is the only mob I've found to be MUCH harder than I remember when compared to when EOF was live. In comparison, I've found the rest of the mobs in this zone to be easier than I remember, so maybe it all balances out.
    Rosyposy likes this.