A Message from Holly “Windstalker” Longdale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Take a deep breath and relax. The fact that you can't find anything doesn't mean anything other than there's no record. Let's stop reading into this. Considering the timing, I wouldn't doubt that Holly and Jennifer have heads together for this transition. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for the communication. Let Jennifer take the lead and communicate when she's ready.
  2. Prox Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  3. Corisu Member

Best of luck to you, Holly! We will miss you!
  4. Liral Active Member

All my best to you in your future endeavors. And a well deserved thank you for making my years of playing EQ and EQ2 a very rewarding and enjoyable experience!
    SolarFaire, Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Adene Member

If not finding anything is the hesitation, try broadening your search terms. Jenn's been around for over a decade. From what I've seen of her/from her, she's brilliant. If I were to have any hesitation, it would be that there aren't enough hours in the day for her to do everything else, plus what Holly was doing, particularly since (franchise-wise) she's one of the few rare souls who understands the intricate matrix of duct tape holding the oldest bits of EQ(1) together. I have no idea what her personal, individual goals and intentions are for the franchise when presented this position, but I have no qualms about waiting to find out. She's ridiculously capable of assessing a situation and determining improvements. Hopefully she'll have the freedom to do so in a way that results in engaging gameplay, particularly if it recaptures a lost audience.
  6. steeleblades New Member

Cassta likes this.
  7. That guy. Well-Known Member

She'll only have that freedom if she can keep the "old guard" devs under her, that ran amok under Holly's watch, reigned in and under her control.
    Rhodris, Ratala and Tkia like this.
  8. Seth Well-Known Member

9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Holly is awesome. She is the best person I have worked for.
    draidean, Cassta, SolarFaire and 3 others like this.
  10. Mythicall New Member

11. Laaw Well-Known Member

Farewell and best of luck. may you find blessings and pixie dust in life.
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Kittik Well-Known Member

Ok. But there is no denying the game has gone downhill steeply the last few years. Good to hear she was a wonderful person to work for, but whatever leadership she had in regards to the direction of EQ2 it's development and the reign she held over those who worked for her to ensure they are doing solid good work clearly wasn't being done.
    Rhodris likes this.