Community Letter: A Note from Jennifer Chan

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JChan, Mar 11, 2020.

1. chattie Well-Known Member

As to CRAFTING:

We had pack ponys that worked great til you came along and "fixed" them

We have trade skill apprentices why don't you "fix" them and forget the Overseers.

We have a plant to harvest from each day but not on the 18 hour schedule even though players have repeatedly asked for it

We had a great trade skill system til you cam along and "fixed" it, re: expert gear, and spells system.

Why don't you back up and redo these "FIXES" for the next xpac rather than break something else and you will have a park full of happy campers.
    Dude, Febrith, SolarFaire and 8 others like this.
  2. GlasswalkerHD New Member

Nice way to welcome Anyone to our world.. Bully
  3. Muli01 New Member

Bring Back PVP to free players!!
    all hail Nagafen!
    i play everquest for 10 years now, and the last two years has been Graven to the game to me, even my necro felt alone in this crypt server of skyfire - you merged the server and brought many newcomers to the game, thats great! now i have someone to talk to - but many recent new players purchase token from lvl 4 and becomes lvl 120 newbs. PvP was all about SKILL!
    Please EQ2, Nerf the DPS, Potency all that crap - make it harder to kill one another, and mostly go into more depth instead of creating more Xpacs and damage values that out of my screen frame.
    Frostfang likes this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

A Big Norrathian Welcome and A Gigantic Ogre Hug from my Level 110 Ogre Gorralok Grymm! So glad to have you as our new Head of Dark Paw Studios. I don't know if anyone has added this to the suggestions as the game moves forward (must confess I didn't read this entire column because EQ2 is loading and I am anxious to get Gorralok foraging for Rare Harvests.

My suggestion here is PLEASE RESTORE THE PROPER LEVELS TO THE HARVESTABLE RESOURCES! Please, please, pretty please with Ogre StoneGround Swill on top!! It is so difficult to harvest a resource now. Yes their levels do show in our Harvest Depots, but that is less than useful when the box is empty of what you need.

Due to this Sad New Circumstance of Harvestables now just saying "this item looks like it could be used for crafting" .. which somebody brilliant pointed out is like labeling a Weapon with "this item looks like it could be used for fighting" = I have had on of my 15 Skyfire Characters create a HARVESTABLES GUIDE BOOK by LEVELS 1 - 13. If you are on Skyfire Server you can purchase this helpful guide on the Qeynos Marketplace @ Maille's Exchange from my Level 110 Wood Elf Monk Character Lettiah Dekota for 50 Platinum. The Price is because quite a bit of research went into this Harvest Guide Document. Lettiah is now going to be working on a List of Harvest Levels by Area probably posted on a Frostfell Card and not costing as much due to not so much research.

PURCHASE GUIDEBOOK HARVESTABLES LEVEL 1 - 13 FROM LETTIAH ON SKYFIRE SERVER.

But PLEASE JChan, the real solution to this deficit of harvestability is to RESTORE THE PROPER LEVELS TO THE HARVESTING RESOURCES right when you get them from the source ... den,trap, lumber, whatever.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Leave our Ttobey alone!!! *Growls and gives Wulfgyr the Snarky fierce protective Wood Elf face*
  6. Silkmyst Active Member

Welcome Jennifer JChan!

I just want to say thank you for stepping up. This game has meant a lot to me for a long time, starting with
    the first time I entered the EQ1 world (turned my gaming world upside down!).

Love your ideas, and am so glad you will be there to see us forward, along with the rest of
    the Devs who have poured so much heart and soul into the game.

Thank you so much,
    Silk (original EQ1 player "Sileleni")
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

who's are you's to attack our bestest ratonga animator
    Hes ours to criticize's none of you 's cheese , I bet Miss J Chan has a good humor and has worked with ttobey for a good long time .

and chattie what do you mean by saying you came along ? Jennifer just announced her taking over this job .
    Give the lady a break let her get through the door first and get an idea what's going on .
    Sure she's been around for some time , but don't be so rude .
    Blaming the new boss for problems is a little misplaced curtsey goes a long way .
    All what you said might be correct , but you could have said it another way.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Oh we both have been taking over galaxies for centuries![IMG]
    Dude, SolarFaire, Carynn and 7 others like this.
  9. Adene Member

Oh my god, you're all pod people!
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:eek: :confused: lol shish ttobey :rolleyes:;) bad ratonga :D
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to your new position!!

I was compelled to respond to Peace's post as Peace has touched upon some things that I have advocated for quite some time.

*places her soap box on the ground, steps up onto it, clears her throat, puts on her best Snarky Wood Elf face and begins to address the masses*

Many people have posted a lot of things that the player base feels are important and that are not being addressed or heard by Darkpaw. I believe everybody responding in a positive, constructive manner, only wants success for the EQ/EQ2 Franchise, and the continued longevity of our beloved Norrath. With that being said, here are some things that I believe, Darkpaw, the developers, and you JChan really need to consider seriously in order to begin rebuilding the trust between the player base and DPG and the respect:

---Transparency and Communication: Not long ago, Kander posted that communication from DPG to the players has been abysmal and that DPG would be working to improve that. Nothing has been done since that time. Not even a follow up blurb. Result, players believe it was just smoke and mirrors, trust goes down again.

---Harvesting Level Information: The crafting and decorating community have been begging for 2 months for the harvesting level information to be restored to all the harvested materials or at a bare minimum, a detailed explanation of the reason for the removal of this information that has been in the game for 15 years and has not bothered anybody for 15 years. So far, no explanation and no restoration. Telling us that some people complained and that removing the information because it did not fit with the way crafting is now is unacceptable. Fix the offending information for harvested materials levels 100+, do not remove all the information for harvested materials levels 1-100. Removing the information is similar to burning offending books. If we are not getting the information restored, you need to make the invisible harvesting bag large enough to hold a full stack of 800 of every single harvestable item in the game including holiday harvests, that way everybody can carry every harvest with them.

---Crafting Borked: Crafting is basically borked. There are no writs rush or normal once you are over level 110, so you cannot earn status or city tokens. You cannot craft mastercrafted gear that anybody wants because trash drops are better. There is no point in refining anything as it takes so many rares and there is no benefit from it. How many years has it been since a tailor has had a bigger backpack to craft or a carpenter has had a bigger strongbox or sales display to craft? The mount gear provides no detectable benefits to harvesting so there is no reason to craft it. Nobody can get the crafting recipe books and if you manage to find one on the broker, you better have a hefty bank account, the 2.85 million plat I have to my name didn't even come close to the 125 million plat price tag I found for a carp 18 book.

---You have a relative army of players willing to volunteer to do anything and everything from grunt work data entry, writing lore, writing storylines, quests, frontline CSRs that have no access to players accounts but can do small things like get players unstuck or other things that do not require account access, but they can listen to the players and write up the issue and submit it directly to the appropriate DPG team. Once a player is heard by someone representing DPG, they are more likely to be patient, their issue has been heard and they feel that it will be seen by someone that can fix it. A personal contact goes a long way, much more than submitting a /petition that will get thrown out by an automated sorter if they do not update it within a certain amount of time. Many games use volunteers, it is perfectly legal, and they have someone oversee the volunteers so that everybody is on the same page, there is a contract between the game and each volunteer stating that any "services rendered" are uncompensated. It has worked for many games since 1995. I know this for a fact because I was one for EQ and UO.

---LoN: Taking that away really hurt a lot of players. Making the art files available would be a positive show of good will towards the players. There are probably many players that would like to have the art put on T-Shirts and such which according to DPG policy is acceptable as long as they do not sell them. Put more of the LoN items on the Loyalty merchant.

---Dungeon Maker: Please make the Dungeon Maker items available again on the Loyalty Merchant or the City Merchant. Let the spawners drop from the monsters again. We love to use these items in decorating, we did not see a reason to remove them and were not given a reason or any notice that they were being removed so people with Dungeon Marks didn't even have a chance to spend them.

---Goblin Gaming: Bring back Goblin Gaming, it was just a fun thing. Or please put the items on the Loyalty Merchant or the City Merchant. Again, we love to use these items to decorate with.

---Storage: I have been advocating for more depots, both personal and guild. We seriously need depots to store building blocks, tiles, tinkered items, appearance items, armor, weapons, mercenary gear and accolades, mount gear, and house items to name a few. Just with the ones I have named, most of the crafters and decorators could clean out their vaults, banks, storage mules, dungeons, and every place else we use to store decorating items which in turn would help with the lag. Please, please, consider this seriously. Let us craft them and buy a second one from the marketplace. You could even make a single depot with multiple tabs like the wardrobe. Make the same depots available as guild amenities. Seriously there are 15 years worth of recipes and items, some we cannot get or craft any longer, we are not going to destroy them, so we store them, give us a safe place to store them and we will clean up Norrath. Hoarders of Norrath Unite!!!!!!!!!!!

---Team Interaction: More of the DPG team should look at how the community views Kaitheel, Dreamweaver and Ttobey. Most of us love all of them. They interact with us whether we have problems, issues or not. We have fun, banter back and forth. Its a friendship even though we have never met. And we all respect all of them, we feel they listen to us, we feel they care about EQ2.

---Apology: The last thing I think should happen that I am going to touch on now is, I believe that DPG should issue an apology to Feldon. Feldon has done so much for the franchise over the years and even after the bad blood continues to do things for the community. I believe it is time to let bygones be bygones and apologize. That in and of itself would go a long way in restoring faith in the player base which has been lost over time.

Good Luck in your new position. I am adopting a "Show Me" position from here going forward. I have been here since 04 November 2004, and will continue to be here as long as I see things being done for the betterment of the game. My current sub expires on 13 April, I will decide at that time if I am going to resub for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months or not at all. The decision is ultimately in the hands of DPG and what they "Show Me".

Kindest Regards

*steps down off her soap box, picks it up, bows to the masses, and exits stage left*
    Dude, SolarFaire, Carynn and 17 others like this.
  12. Prox Well-Known Member

Just another old timer wishing you the best. This game has kept me sane ( quiet Ttobey ) for many years , providing me a place to feel at home. I am excited to see a new face / mind / soul at the helm of the game I have loved from day one. Show us your image of EQ2 , we are looking forward to the future.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's how you do it Cyrrena , criticism with respect .
  14. parissa Well-Known Member

Welcome Jennifer and grats on your promotion :)
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

:rolleyes: Welcome to the forums new person
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's rough out there.
  17. Kenn Well-Known Member

Welcome to your new position.

The Kunark expansion was super awesome with the overland, instances and story line. Is there any possibility a future expansion could be like that?

I'm happy someone involved in the game took the lead instead of an outsider.
  18. Victisa Active Member

welcome and grats my dear! :)
  19. Baphmistra Active Member

First of all Hail, and well met, welcome to this little corner of the universe. About "...including plans for a fan gathering this summer.", one thing I can say is that this will be fun, exciting, but not likely to happen. EQ1 & EQ2 fans are spread out across the country, and other parts of RL. That being said when EQ2 was launched they had a gathering in Las Vegas, NV, which had the skyblade skiff as a prestige house. Eventually that became available through loyalty merchant. One thing that would be nice is to see more prestige houses available. I know there's more ideas out there, maybe base one on the trees of Kelethin, hollow out the inside for 10 levels up. Or 1 prestige house from every zone, or open the vault of the past and pull out houses that haven't been on the market recently, like the Void house that used to be an LON reward. Maybe just bring back LON, or let the player made dungeons offer XP again. We could also revisit the idea of bikinis to be tailor made. So many thoughts about how things could turn out, so little time to actually do it. Good luck on running things.:rolleyes:
  20. Baphmistra Active Member

Quite a lengthy way to welcome our newest member, but appreciated none the less. I applaud most of what you're saying, as to LON though it would be nice if it was just reinstated rather than a handful of odd items hitting loyalty merchants, since they are already there as random loot. Also agree that the crafting could use a bit of cleanup, maybe bigger boxes, or let us craft boats, something would be better than what has happened so far, even adding bikinis for tailors would be a nice change. Dungeon Maker is also something that still exists, if they could just go back and add in a little XP people might actually use it again. Sigh, adding volunteers would be a nice touch, but don't hold your breath on that one, I know it's hard to admit, but finding people with enough RL time to volunteer isn't easy at the best of times, and sadly with RL being in the state it's in this isn't the best of times. Still it's not the worst either, since we have a replacement who just came in. Good luck and have fun.:rolleyes: