Are you for real?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Almost $2000 to get enough coins for that Cerulean Ergott Terror mount?
    For $2000 that mount better last the rest of the game's lifetime, for the next 5 years at a minimum.
    Ya'll have truly tipped the scales on the greed and seriously need to scale it back and make things truly worth buying in this game that are NOT based on RNG or spending the same amount of money I could buy a car for. Your greed on these crates has truly outdone itself. I won't be buying a single one of them.
    Mycenia, Soara2, Xevran and 13 others like this.
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

Right now,

the best familiar is P2W
    the best mount is P2W
    the best merc is P2W

Even the 2nd best of the above items are also P2W :D

Right now we cannot blame the dev/darkpaw for this P2W mess. We the players (myself included) are reason for this P2W crap since we go along with it. We might make sternly worded forum post here and there but at the end of the day we don't have another game to play so we let them screw us over and that my fellow addicts are the hard truth of the matter :)
    Argosunited, Soara2, Xevran and 7 others like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

:p Not screwing me over. I happily hand my money over for the things I want to do. In my budget, it is part of my entertainment expense. And no one else's business.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

If I get wind of anyone actually spending $1,400 to $2,800 for some pixels that will assuredly by obsolete in 8 months, I'm gonna personally hunt them down and slap some sense into them.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Xevran and 6 others like this.
  5. Elkana Active Member

Same thing I've been saying. It's it "right" or "good" for them to do this? By our standards no, but then again we condone it because we (the large population of EQ2'ers) buy them. So they are doing what businesses to. Forget all of the "we care about you guys" babble. It's what customer relations were designed for. It's not personal, we have no friends in this business. It's business. Their job is to provide the stock holders a profitable business. They are doing that. I don't like it, many of you don't like it, yet it's being done.
    Like some of the other posters, I spend my allotted money that I want to spend and don't complain about it. I won't be spending money on these simply because SoE way back in the day gave me loaded dice (but the bad kind) So my luck is whoreable at best! I think it's way overpriced, but some people won't.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll never spend that kind of money here, even when I was making 5 digit pay per year.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

People should just wait for Summer Ethereals and Anniversary for the good stuff. They are probably going to release new familiar and merc crates soon. (You can do Familiars Wild and use All Access DBC to claim merc crate). An updated mount can come at any time.

BiS items are not required to play and enjoy the game.

The price seems like an oversight. Though, EQ2 probably needs the money. As I said in other threads, EQ2's F2P model is too generous and they need to keep the lights on.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Ergott, Cerulean Terror is like the top tier Go Fund Me reward.

Again, BiS is not required to play the game and I expect competitive mounts (other than BoL expac/raid mounts) to be available at any time.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Here's something to slap them with https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2688954721
    Xevran, Tkia, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  10. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Tekka likes this.
  11. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

I seriously thought the 7000 coins was a mistake, 700 would be a far more reasonable number for exactly that, an item that is going to be replaced in under one year.

But this takes greed to an entirely new level. If the coins were added to the overseer's as a standard reward, if the coins were also part of I don't know maybe the heroic zones etc, then 7000 would be feasible. But leaving the only option as to have to purchase them is sickening.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

7000 coins or $1700 sounds like a serious oversight. It's as egregious as Star Citizen's crowdfunding.

At 700 coins, it calculates to roughly $170 which seems to be the range that they would want buyers at.

For one sale at $1700, they are probably losing 50 buyers at $170.

Edit: I have created a thread in Bug Report forum. I hope Dreamweaver can pass this along.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-7000-jadeite-medallions.593872/#post-6600888
    Geroblue, Hiza and SynergyBlaize like this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

Oh my sweet summer child, the 7000 is not a mistake! They really want you spend that much money. There is person who open 6000 cobalt crates and never the the mount. this is no joke.
    Argosunited, Geroblue and Tekka like this.
  14. Nawtey Active Member

Benny-nomics at it's finest. This would be even slightly believable if you actually had insight into the decision making process.

Which you don't.

I am curious though - do you have a spreadsheet to pull figures from to justify statements like "For one sale at $1700, they are probably losing 50 buyers at $170," or do you pull them from somewhere else?
    Erudinel, Argosunited and Tekka like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The mount is about to be outdated as others have mentioned. It will be junk by the next expansion's Collector Edition at least.

I think people will be chasing for the new merc so spending $170 (if repriced at 700 Jadeite Medallions) will at least grant the consolation prize of 'Ergott, Cerulean Terror.' This would also blunt the criticism of RNG.

I think this issue (price oversight) is important enough for Dreamweaver to bring up to the devs.
    Hiza likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The devs are aware of this feedback, and I am going to close this thread before it spins out of control.

Thank you everyone.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.