Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Bristlebane Day is active on Test!

Jesters, thieves, bards, or simply fans of mischief and frivolity, are all encouraged to enjoy these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane! Begin your celebration in Enchanted Lands, where plenty of laughs and pranks await you, amongst the congregating revelers, like Zruk, a troll interested in items of luck. I’ve also heard there are now patchcraft creatures on Luclin and in Obulus Frontiers! Of course, you can get even more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S.

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, April 1st!

New Bristlebane Day Features for '20!
    • TLE servers:
      • Kaladim – Purchase holiday themed items from the holiday merchant, a Gigglegibber goblin, located, along with other celebrators, in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
    • Live Servers:
      • 10 New Merchant Items sold by Bristlebane Day merchant in city tradeskill houses – including a new mount!
      • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XI" sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Jester's gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Patchcraft creatures can be found in the following zones:
        • Obulus Frontier - patchcraft snapper
        • The Blinding - patchcraft zelniak
        • Aurelian Coast - patchcraft zelniak
        • Wracklands - patchcraft zelniak
    Returning Bristlebane Day Features for '20!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Fool's Gold Coin: These are available from repeatable event quests, and drop off of Patchcraft creatures found throughout Norrath.
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    • Jester's garden spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VIII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IX
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft X
    • Quests:
      • "Pot of Luck" (apr_19/zruk_x1) - Repeatable every year
      • "Pains of Herding" - Repeatable every year
      • "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale" - Repeatable every year
      • "Plethora of Patchcraft Parts" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
      • "Ratical" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gnary a Joke to Tell" and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
      • "Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands" - Repeatable
      • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • Collections:
      • Impossibly Rare Objects
      • Prankster's Piece of the Pie
      • Bristlebane's Memories
    This event content is currently set to run 3/27/20 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 4/9/20 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks available on 4/1 only.

~Kaitheel

BTW
    The 4/1 only content will run 3/17 until 3/20 for testing purposes, and then be back on 4/1.
    Cyrrena, Schmetterling, Kasa and 2 others like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Meep -your spy camera clearly caught me on hold with my specialty pharmacy, etc. I'll be in to test this in a bit over an hour or so. :D
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Can't find the last bought. So far I have:
    White Heather
    Jovial Patchcraft Zelniak Plushie
    Gleaming Green Metal Square
    Polished Purple Metal Square
    rivervale jackrabbit (mount)
    Eggplant Imp Plushie
    Merrymakers King Salmon (appearance)
    Petamorph Wand: Guardian Jokester
    Golden Baby Bovoch (fluff pet)

Could the Jokester have a slowed down moving animation? He's racing behind me and it feels really weird and he moves fast even when I'm walking.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Amazing fabrics are crafted on a work bench? is that intended?
    Same goes with "thicket breeze oval rug"
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hanging Bixie Mini-Hive is quite big and the anchor point is midway through a very-very long rope
  6. Kaitheel Developer

You're only missing the new Jocular Patchcraft Chomper Plushie!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

ah, I had listed that one and removed it from the list when I didn't discover it but missed the fact that Kasa had discovered it at the same time in the list of newly discovered items on EQ2U.
    Thanks Kaitheel.

Everything places fine (assuming the massive rope for the hive is intended).

I thought that the "large potted vibrant rubber plant" would be way bigger than the other but both are huge.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Tentative list of Blinding locs:
    -589.67 8.05 679.51
    -329.33 6.72 573.29
    -704.64 12.57 504.82
    257.00 135.60 751.48
    332.99 78.52 411.30
    -608.83 63.61 -2.99
    -410.99 7.05 158.56
    -14.62 5.65 597.97
    -248.85 96.80 239.18
    top/entrance area: 376.67 270.43 -234.39
    488.33 281.18 -535.33
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I agree that the Lopsided and the Large Potted Vibrant Rubber Plant names are a bit confusing. They're both the same size and they're both lopsided with variations in the placement of the 3 leaves, and variations in the pot. This isn't bad or wrong, per se, just some confusing naming for 'em.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] "Thicket Fir Stool" needs to be renamed to something else, as we have an item with a different graphic and that exact same name from the 2019 event. :D
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Obulus Frontier Patchcraft locs (probably not complete)

182, 134, 827
    751, 229, 1013
    -136, -196, -548
    -443, -159, -877
    148, -170, -745
    -509, 50, 384
    -234, 46, 618
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaitheel? Can you check the loot on the patchcraft keeper?

I want to say if you're above 90-ish (but may have been 95), you had a chance to get a level 95 cloak? belt? in the loot chest. If that is still there, it only drops for a few levels, as I'm not seeing it on a 120. (I used to farm them for alts, way back when.) If it IS there, it may be time to revisit that loot, as we're many expansions beyond that now.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Annd, they're still dropping. I just got a level 95 waist from an ornate chest with a kill of a keeper.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Aurelian Coast Patchcraft (partial)

391, 50, -160
    -225, 3, 7
    -154, 3, -64
    100, 30, 280
    614, 63, 172
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, patchcraft zelniak count as reptiles for beastlord warder taming. (The same as normal zelniaks ... I guess they're some sort of moonbirdlizardcritter.)
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Thicket Fir Backless Chair," maybe?

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember how to get the Squeaky, ah, Roostertrice (I call it that 'cause it won't let me call it properly) appearance weapon? Wiki's being less than helpful. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, I was aware of it. A request for level 110 & 120 appropriate gear has already been submitted, but unfortunately has not yet been completed. There's still some time to get in, but I didn't want to hold up all of testing due to it.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

YES :D I looked at the calendar and thought it is time for this , time for double bushes and more work :D;):p

why can't the keepers in the lower zones drop the lower level cloaks , and the ones in the new zones the high level cloaks ?
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir! You are solidly ahead of me on this one.

~~~

Uwk, the squeaky ****atrice was from the vendor last year, so will be returning again this year. (I had to double-check my preview from last year to remind me which what it came from, but looks like 5 Fool's Gold coins will be what you need.